New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #11 of 171 Hotels in Ankara
Istanbul, Turkey
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I love this hotel! Excellent hotel! Excellent service!
Staff is so kind. Hotel is new and the rooms are very nice. Although, it is not a very big hotel, it is not boring at all. it makes you feel very comfortable. It has a central location.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear ntanir;

Thank you for taking time for sharing your great comments with us!

I'm so pleased to read about your thought for Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere. It's always our aim and pleasure to deliver a high quality service to our guest with a comfortable and genuine caring hospitality. I hope we had gone beyond your expectations with a memorable stay.

Once again, thank you for nice feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Ugur Bur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,070 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is definitely not your generic, bland Holiday Inn. It is quite sleek and modern, located in a very chic neighborhood teeming with cafes, restaurants and shopping, even though the pavements outside are broken or uneven at best. It is a smallish hotel with smallish but functional rooms. The bed and the pillows were firm and very comfortable. Bathroom has the latest trendy, glass shower area with powerful shower head. Wifi is fast, though a pain to sign in, since it requires your passport number as the user name, and it disconnects each time you step out of the room or hotel. The hotel restaurant was surprisingly good with modern creative dishes that were tasty and reasonable. Breakfast however was humdrum, with not many vegetarian items, and in a sun soaked country with oranges and pomegranates blooming all around, no fresh fruits or juice.

Service was very warm and helpful. All hotels are based upon the value you receive for the price you pay. I paid less that 70 euros, and for this price, it was good value. Parking was free!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ZenHealer7
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear ZenHealer,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for taking time and share your valuable feedback with us via TripAdvisor. It has been great that you've found an opportunity to observe most of the facilities of the hotel and the area.

I'm so pleased that you've enjoyed your room facilities and observed the innovation in brand standards which has been also applied in our hotel. For the internet connection, to deliver you a faster service, there is a limited time for everyone to not to occupy the line. However, your feedback about the internet and especially the breakfast will encourage us to deliver better service for everyone and I want to inform you that your comments were shared with the related departments and necessary actions will be taken sooner.

Hope to be your host in your next visit to Ankara and much looking forward to welcome you back in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Ankara, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed one night. It was really good, luxury and comfortable hotel. Rooms were large enough and clean. Bathroom was luxury and clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was helpful. Location is very central. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: Front side rooms might be a little noisy because of the traffic. But actually it wasn't when I s...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
      Cleanliness
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear acece,

Thank you for taking time to write a feedback for us. I'm really glad to hear that we've made it through your expectations. On behalf of our entire team and I thank you once again for your great comment and looking forward to your next visit to our hotel.

surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was the second time I have stayed here, both times it has been excellent. it is a busy street outside and can be quite noisy but generally not too late in the evening. The rooms are well equipped, the beds good with pillow choice and wifi generally works well. The small restaurant has a limited menu but is OK for a stay of a few days. For breakfast there is a good choice to suit most people. The staff are helpful and try their best, some issues of 'lost in translation' in the restaurant and I think my colleague didn't get quite what he thought he had ordered, nevertheless it was OK. I have tried many other hotels over the years in Ankara, mostly good but I think this is the most preferable, both for quality of stay, its good location and good value for money.

Room Tip: rooms on the side or back are quieter, the street in the front can be quite noisy at times
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear GulliverT4,

Thank you so much for taking time and share your feedback via TripAdvisor with us. It's great to know that we've lived up to your expectations regarding the hotel facilities. We definitely value your comments and for this reason I do apologize for our F&B service and will share this information with our F&B team. It has been a great pleasure for us to welcome you in Ankara and much looking forward to your next visit in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I used this hotel for my guests twice.
Hotel itself is new and good, staff is friendly other than below mentioned.
But i felt frustration with desk's inexperience and amateurness handling the situations.

First time we reserved a meeting room (small one) in advance.
But when the time came they could not find the room keys.
We had to wait at the door for 10-15 minutes.
Besides, meeting room was too hot and there was no cooling system.
It was only heating so we had to have open door meeting with our Japanese guests.
Which is almost unacceptable in Japanese business customs.

Second time, I made reservation for my guests with my credit card.
Reception said they have to charge me for my guests rooms fares,
and asked my credit card details as if nothing happened, with no empathy.

Room Tip: Be prepared for unexpected surprises.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cihangir1707
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Cihangir1707,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us. We're disappointed to hear that your stay fell below your vacation and business expectations. We apologize for any inconvenience that you've experienced with our service. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention, to give us the chance to improve future guests' experiences. We always encourage our guests to let us know right away if there are any issues or needs that they experience during their stay with us.

Your experience is definitely not reflective of the high standards we usually pride ourselves with. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Tehran, Iran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. it was a very good hotel the staff were very helpful and rooms were clean. facilities in the hotel was good.
breakfast and air condition were great.
you could walk to kizilay metro station in 5 minutes.
I'll choose this hotel again and I highly recommend it....

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear AmirDa,

On behalf of myself and the entire team, I'd like to thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere and for this great review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. I'll be looking forward to welcome you again.

Kind Regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

We recently had the chance to stay with a small group at Holiday Inn Ankara and all we can say is WOW! This property offers the best in style and service in IHG. The rooms are exceptionally well designed and large. This coupled with their do anything for you service in a small boutique environment can not be beat.The rain shower is so amazing you may never want to leave it but absolutely do as this is one of the premier cities in the world..

Room Tip: Very nice located, walking distance to cafes & bars and city center!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chawe1
Holiday Inn Ank... K, Genel Müdür at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear chawe1,

I'm so pleased to get your great feedback via TripAdvisor. I want to you to know we significantly take these feedbacks into consideration. Both the negative and positives always show us how to improve and how we serve.

Your comments made me so proud of my entire team. Because of this reason, on behalf of my team and I want to thank you for your great comments and hope to be your host in Ankara in the future.

Kind Regards,