“Beautiful & modern”

Ranked #8 of 175 Hotels in Ankara
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
“Beautiful & modern”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I found the hotel to have a rather attractive interior with modern, comfortable rooms. Must echo some other reviewers about the central location surrounded by numerous entertainment choices. The staff was always friendly, spoke decent to good English and a few even were proficient in German. Had dinner one night in the hotel restaurant and I was more than satisfied with the meal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear DPS27,

Thank you for your kind interest and nice comments about Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

I'm so glad that; although the interior design is a bit different than other Holiday Inn standards, we have tried so hard to get the approval and offer this luxury architectural design to our guests. I'm also more than happy with your feedback about our staff and the restaurant/kitchen service.

Hope to welcome you back sooner.

Ugur Bur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Turkish first
istanbul
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 10,362 helpful votes
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Very central location with plenty of different kinds of restaurants,
caffes and bars around the hotel
Very friendly staff and very clean hotel.Breakfast was very good with many choices.Air conditioning was working without any problem at my room

• Stayed May 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear junior1907,

We would like to thank you for your valuable feedback.

It's so good to learn that you've enjoyed the local attractions. I hope you'll also enjoy our breakfast for your next trip to Ankara. You can be sure that you're more than welcome and hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I called all the way from UK to have a reservation, however, the receptionist hang up on me as soon as I said hello. Second time I called I told him not to hang up cause I was calling overseas then he put me on hold 5 minutes then he took my reservation..
What a way to welcome a customer. I am very curious about my visit to this Hotel. I hope I won't regret that I stayed there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear tommyAnkara_Turkey,

Thank you for leaving us a feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guests' comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

I am sorry to hear that your experience was not what you expected. I sincerely apologize for the level of service provided by our staff fell short of your expectations. Our team pays special attention to each and every guest and deeply regret that we have failed to deliver the highest level of service and customer care that you deserve.

Your patronage to our hotel is very important, as such, your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests. We hope taht you give us another chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 days. Staff are nice but their english its poor.
Rooms are clean but very small.
Location its fine. The worst part of this hotel is their food. Do not have lunch or dinner in the hotel.
Overall ankara people are much nicer than istanbuls.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Nazani,

I would like to thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere. During your stay, I wish we had chance to talk with each other. I'm really glad to get your comment about our food, which seems to be one of the best way to improve the service quality.

Comparing to some 5 star properties, room sizes may look small, which is also described in our brand website. I hope you enjoyed the other room facilities, especially the IP TV system.

Once again, a big thank you by helping us to improve our service quality. I hope we will meet in your next trip to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

Strasbourg, France
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

New central located hotel. The hotel has a new fresh atmosphere and in the middle of the business and government district. To my mind better located than Hilton and Sheraton. The staff is very friendly and service minded. Although some of them speak only basic English. But the managers seem to know English very well.

The breakfast is fine and the restaurant to and good priced well. If the you want to try the local cuisine there are many options in walking distance.

There is a mini gym but its well equiped.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Mr. Thomas Z,

Thank you for your kind interest shown to Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere.

It's a great pleasure for us to get a nice review from you. It's always our goal to serve a guest-oriented hospitality and I'm so glad you found the team very friendly and service minded. Hope you will enjoy our restaurant service for the second time!

We are looking forward to see you again in Holiday Inn Ankara - Kavaklidere!

Best Regards,
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Having stayed at a few Holiday Inns in Canada and the USA, I wasn't expecting an above average stay at the Holiday Inn in Ankara. I was however pleasantly surprised at the quality, comfort and cleanliness of this hotel. Recently updated, the suites were modern in style with new furniture and fixtures (including the washroom).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Scott U
Holiday Inn Ank... K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ankara-Kavaklidere, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Scott U,

Thank you for taking time to write this generous feedback.

It is great to learn that we've lived up to your expectation. It's always our goal to improve our service quality and standards, so we are really glad to hear we are much above the average comparing to other Holiday Inns in USA and Canada.

We look forward to your next visit to Ankara.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed July 2, 2013

we had traveled to Ankara for work and were not really expecting much of the city. We were wrong, it is a warm, interesting city and worth a visit. We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn based on TA reviews. They were not wrong. The staff, the hotel, the rooms and the location were perfect for us. If there was a 1/2 star, this would be a 4.5. Firstly, I should note that we were bumped up to an executive room. We had a twin room which was spacious. There was a flat screen tv, safe, mini bar (alcohol is served at this hotel), the beds were comfortable and the shower a double size and was great. The hotel is smaller than others in this area but much better as a result (no chance for those incredibly loud weddings). there is a small bar area, a small restaurant (where they serve a really good breakfast, at least compared to what we had elsewhere in Turkey). There are lots of restaurants and bars in the area (walking). To get to the citadel/castle area, you need to take a taxi, but it is cheap enough.

Room Tip: if you can get bumped up to an exec room; the better!