“Not comparable to other Radissons I visited. ”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara
Ranked #15 of 177 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel  Radisson SAS Blu at Ankara
Overall satisfaction score    (0-10).   7.0

Not comparable to other Radissons I visited.

Food           Score  8.5
Quality: Medium with some items on the low side.
Variety: Some options for different taste.

Room:       Score 8.0
Size: Small
Bed: Just comfortable
Furniture: Dated but still ok
Bathroom:Small with regular amenities
Decoration: Nothing attractive
Cleanliness:Fair

Technology:  Score 7.5
TV:Very old, very small with few options to watch in English.
Internet: Available for free.
Entry system:Regular card system.
Safe:Electronically operated.

Common areas:    Score 8.0
Cleanliness: Acceptable
Decoration: Nothing interesting or ugly.

Staff:   Score  8.0
Just employees doing their jobs.

Location: Score. 5.0
We were advised not to walk in the neighborhood because is not safe and that there is nothing to see or do around. Besides that is on a freeway and windows are not properly insulated so you feel like the cars are passing by your room even late night.  So if you have to stay here ask for a room not facing the street

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest;

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel,Ankara we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We would like to inform you that our rooms will be renovated by the end of the year.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was there many times in last 3 years. Usual rooms are small, business rooms are good with nice furnishing. You can try massage in HAMMAM. A business centre is poor quality, every time we had problem with printer. Wi-fi connection without problem, if a man on the reception do not make a disarrangement with names, passports and room numbers! :-)

Room Tip: For a better comfort and better bathroom take a business bedroom.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Petr S

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate you taking the time to write review regarding your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, we would like to thank you for your stay and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I stayed here several times. This hotel is way below the Radisson blu standards. The staff is always helpfull and friendly but the rooms are old, probably never changed since the '80s. The entrance area gives the impression of a nice hotel, but some room don't even have the space for a suitcase. The internet works really bad, it keeps disconnecting: the password corresponds to the number of the passport and not once they got it right, causing long phone calls to the reception. I would suggest you to find another hotel in town unless you get a room for a very low price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FlightAttendant64
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear Valubale Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to point out the problems faced during your stay. Feedbacks from our guests are so valuble for us since we get chance to correct them and provide better service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have immediately taken necessary implementations to prevent re-occurance of such problems in the future. In addition I would like to let you know we will start renovation for all our rooms in July.

I also would like to take this occasion to thank you very much for your kind interest shown in Radisson Blu Hotel Ankara. We are looking forward to welcome you soon.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

After reading some of the reviews, I was slightly worried that this particular Radisson would be less than average. I was happily surprised in all ways. The staff at check-in were friendly and helpful right from the start.
We were three traveling and all agreed that the staff were as helpful as could be, the breakfast was a great mix of Turkish and international, with some amazing cheese types that I had never seen before. I love cheese and it was a treat to discover a couple new ones. We needed a late check-out and we were willing to pay extra for this. It was extended to us as a "gift," as they did not need the rooms the next evening. Exceptional!!!
So why not the absolute top character?
Bar drinks---stick to the great beers. We tried mojitos and while I don´t mind paying a high price for an excellent mojito, these were just not good.
Shower design and the toiletries provided are fine, but the shower heads were all needing a clean. Too much calcium deposits and so they were spraying all over, rather than concentrated.
We did not eat other than the breakfast, so I cannot comment on the restaurant.
SO...... the negatives are minor and only detract because everything else was so good. The cleaning staff were nice, the breakfast staff too, while I was in the fitness centre, which was clean, had enough equipment and a sauna ---- a man came in, just to see if I needed anything and to show me that there was a possibility of getting music or television.

Room Tip: I was on the 14th floor, facing away from the road. My colleague on the 4th, same side. She was able...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 605flyer
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Ankara, I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and your kind words are greatly appreciated. I will definitely share your feedback with the rest of the team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Ankara, hopefully in the very near future.

With Kind Regards

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Unfortunately this hotel does not live up to the usual quality that one would expect from a radisson. Although the room (business class) was clean and spacious, the windows to the balcony need resealing or something? The wind was very strong for two of the four days I stayed and it howled all night making it very difficult to sleep. This was in addition to the cars that continually blew their horns and revved up coming out of the tunnel all day and night.
Beware of the hotel restaurant too! The service and food was awful. You have a choice of a buffet, which is just a help yourself from the food bar. Although you can eat as much as you like, the choice is very limited and not worth the money you will pay for it. If you opt for the a la carte, on face value it appears better but that's only providing the service and cooking is supporting it. I was in a group of five colleagues and of our group, three ordered a started and two just a main. The starter came eventually for my two colleagues, but mine didn't follow. When I eventually got fed up, I went to find the waiter who was cheating to his mate in a corner. I asked him where my starter was and he whisked himself away, reappearing about three of four minutes later. He said he was very sorry and it would be about ten minutes. I appeared very unhappy about this so he shot off quickly. About ten minutes later, my starter of chicken nuggets and salad appeared and as he laid mine on he table, he cleared my colleagues plates. I was now eating on my own and I have to say the nuggets were awful! They were well overdone and barely consumable. As I started drilling through the second of five, the waiter reappeared with the mains for my colleagues. I was flabbergasted!! Then to top it all, my main appeared about two minutes later whilst I was still trying to insert my teeth into the third of he five nuggets! He asked, "shall I put it here"? This was on the table to my right! I told him to take my starter and I wold eat he main. This was a grilled chicken breast in a curry paste accompanied with potato wedges and mango chutney. On searching, I found no chutney and the breast was not cooked in a curry paste either! The food was so overlooked and dried out, it was terrible!

Be warned!!

Room Tip: Business class is best.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rog_L_Salis
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking time to point out the problems that you faced during your stay. Feedbacks from our guests are so valuable for us since we get the chance to correct them and provide better service.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused. We have immediately taken necessary implementations to prevent re-occurrence of such problems in the future. It is our top priority to serve our food and beverages at the highest level and I can assure you that we train our employees every day to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.

I also would like to take this occassion to thank you very much for your kind interest shown in Radisson Blu Hotel Ankara. We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Radisson advertise the fact that their hotels are modern, contemporary and stylish....not sure if they forgot about this one. Firmly rooted in the late 80s mid 90s in terms of style. Outdated furniture, tiny, old fashioned TV screens garish and old fashioned decor. Situated above a motorway interchange it is noisy, dirty and has pretty disappointing views. But you don't come to Ankara for the views as it is one of the most unappealing cities I have ever had to visit. Breakfast is simply awful. Stale bread and pastries, scrambled eggs like dog vomit; not sure what the orange juice was made of, but it certainly was not oranges. Wireless internet worked, intermittently. Didn't attempt dinner or room service after the disgusting breakfast. Would never stay there again under any circumstances.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review.

Your comments are of extreme concern to us and I will personally address each issue with the concerned manager and ensure that immediate corrective action is taken in order that these will no longer reflect on the normal high standards and services at our property.

I would like to inform you that we will have renovation in 2013 summer for our rooms.

Please be assured that we value all our customer feedback and always want to rectify any shortfalls in standards to ensure that our guests are satisfied at all time.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

stayed for one night , room was ok dinning room was modern, the food was ok but nothing special very little choose ,hardly any staff in the dinning room i think they were on a tea break .would nver go there again.best to stick to the small 3star hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
eylemfindik, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel, Ankara and for taking the time to write your honest feedback and comments. I am sorry to hear that about your experience in the restaurant. Your comment our service is very valuable to us and will be taken seriously. It is our top priority to serve our food and beverages at highest level. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

With Kind Regards