“A Place Well Betond Its Prime”
Review of Neva Palas Hotel

Neva Palas Hotel
Neva Palas Hotel
Ranked #62 of 175 Hotels in Ankara
Windsor,Ontario,
“A Place Well Betond Its Prime”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near almost nowhere. It is on a noisy street--especially if you have a room facing the street; but then, if you have a room at the back you will probably 'enjoy' music half the night. A bit old and stodgy not recommended. Staff were largely indiffernt. Breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front--main street--side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed May 3, 2013

the hotel condition is very good and well maintained, I think it was recently renovated, however, the rsotic decor might give the imprecation that it is old. the rooms are small but very clean and well designed. the bath room is elegant, functional but small, they provide toiletry and sleepers. the room has complimentary tea/coffee and small bottle of water , with daily supply. the TV channels are of limited variety and mostly in Turkish. the check -in and check-out was very fast and receptionists were helpful and their English is OK. the internet connections is very slow but it is free.
the hotel has a private parking with big ballroom at the ground floor and a nice designed bar with a piano. the breakfast was good and the meals are also good. their are plenty of groceries and supermarkets around the hotel.
as for restaurants, when you go out of the hotel you can turn right and up the street, and when you arrive to the first traffic turn right and go down the street, yo will find many nice restaurants and shops in that street. alternatively you can turn left and go down the street , and just before you reach the big mosque turn left and go down the street, the whole area is full of restaurants, bars, and shops, and if you go further down and turn right in Ataturk Avenue, you will find a big shopping area with shopping malls and metro station that can take you anywhere.
the overall conclusion, its a fine hotel, but I rate it 3 stars lux not 4 stars.

Room Tip: the single room size is about 14-16 sq m and double room size is 16-19 sq m. the bed width 1m and 2...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hatemzaki
New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2012

OK but...we were moved to this hotel as the one we were in was overbooked it was sold to us as a lovely boutique hotel. The foyer is pleasant and staff friendly, the room was small and clean but we had same issue with the water not draining from the shower and still the same awful terrible pillows another reviewer mentioned. Our room was away from the street but above the bar and what turned out to be a party below with booming music that kept us awake. You'd think hoteliers would know which rooms are noisy and not put people in them unless they are attending the party, if you do stay here avoid rooms on the first floor (110 and surrounds). Another colleague who was also moved commented that they had the entire hotel plumbing behind the wall!

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank kiwimadeinnz
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We expected a more modern and nicer hotel for the price. It is in a decent location, with access to many restaurants and some "night life," if you go to Ankara for that. The bed seemed a little old, and the pillows were pretty weak. The room was mostly clean; however in the shower there was a pile of dirt and rust from old sliding door, which we had to clean away. Our shower also drained poorly, and when we turned the water on it was brown, but turned clear. Breakfast was adequate--typical Turkish breakfast, with nothing particularly remarkable besides a few runny hard-boiled eggs. The staff was generally helpful, but we weren't very demanding.
Really, it was a decent stay, but we expected something nicer for what we paid.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis W
West country
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Good location. Food acceptable. Pillows poor. In need of updating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lucylou_9
Reviewed January 20, 2009

My stay was for one brief, cold night in January 2009. I had the feeling that I was one of a very small number of guests that night (I saw 3 other guests at breakfast the following morning).

The hotel was fine for one night but nothing remarkable. The room I had was clean and spacious. Furnishings are on the cheap and/or old fashioned side. Breakfast was reasonable and quite wide in range.

I have no idea if this hotel is in a nice location -- I got a shuttle from the airport to the hotel on the night of my arrival (£22 with expedia.co.uk) and left the hotel early the following morning. My feeling tells me that the hotel is not situated at the epicentre of city life...

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank dr-dom
Istanbul
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I have stayed in Hotel Neva Palas for one night in November.
The hotel was clean enough to stay for one night. During my check in everything was fine but I wasnt informed about the guy who was holding my key and waiting for me to show my room. I was well-informed about the hotel during the journey from the front desk to my room. I was kindly upgraded to a bigger room which was great. I was quite surprised to see ashtrays in every single corner. I think hotel management should reduce smoking areas in the hotel to give a chance to other guests to breathe as almost every guest I have encountered was a smoker. In the morning, I left my shirt to be ironed as I was attending a conference. I got my shirt back after my second call. The room attendant who delivered my shirt was sweet and apologetic which made up her being late. Breakfast is included in the rate. There wasnt much for my taste. Overall, good hotel for one night stay with enough amenities but not luxurious. It would be a bit disappointing for longer stays.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Happyyy