“Proper kebab restaurant close to the centre of Ankara”

01 Adanali Ismail Usta's Place
Ranked #331 of 3,217 Restaurants in Ankara
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Wheelchair Accessible
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Proper kebab restaurant close to the centre of Ankara”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

This is a proper local's retaurant and excellent it was too, located just outside the city centre of Ankara. It is a basic restaurant, nothing fancy, but clean and for reference, even the toilets were nice and tidy. Better than some I have seen in the UK.

I never saw a menu, and I would never have understood it! But with the help of a local, the waiters just kept bringing food until we said "no more"

We tried several types of kebab and all were absolutely delicious, and came with a huge range of grilled vegtables, tomatoes, garlic, peppers and lots of delicious flat breads. This was all followed with a huge plate of fresh fruits.

A very pleasent experience and nice to eat in a locals restaurant and not a tourist trap.

The waiters were coureteous and quick off the mark, so no problems there. And cheap, by UK standards, we had more than enough food and with quite a few glasses of beer and raki, the entire bill was around £50

Whatever happens don't ask for a receipt, as this causes major confusion! I was asked for my Turkish identitiy number and the VAT number of my company! I only wanted a reciept!

• Visited July 2012