“It couldn't meet my expectations.”
Review of Peperoncino - CLOSED

Peperoncino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to Peperoncino for our wedding anniversary. Although they promised me to decorate our table with rose leaves and a candle when I called them to reserve a place, the table was plain. They didn't keep their promise. The ambience was o.k., the music was nice. Prices were really high but this is reasonable when compared to other fine dining restaurants in Ankara. Finally, the food. Maybe my expectation was too high but I can't say that the meals were great. Let me assess the exact meals we tried. We ordered a mushroom soup, a pizza, a pasta, some kind of a beef dish (most expensive item in the menu) and tiramisu. Mushroom soup was really bad. Although we left it almost untouched, the waiter didn't ask why we didn't eat. Beef and pasta was o.k. (although the beef dish is too small for a 38-TL-dish). Pizza was like a thin version of a standard Dominos pizza product. It didn't have the Italian flavor that the pizzas served in Italy have. But I must admit that tiramisu was perfect. We liked it very much. By the way, they serve olives and virgin olive oil (from Antakya, a city in the southern part of Turkey), we also liked the these appetizers a lot.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

If you want to eat pizza, calzone or pasta in a somewhat good atmosphere, you may prefer this place. However, I'd say stay out of the non-Italian kind of dishes. Presentation is poor. Service is average. Variety of dishes should be improved.

2  Thank bluesman80
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Probably the best fine dining restaurant in Ankara. The Chef Daniel is one of the most known Italian chefs in Ankara. Peperoncino has a lovely atmosphere especially the back garden. You can find great and various handmade pastas and pizzas. Also they have a wide variety of wines from different countries. Every time we enjoy our meal here. I recommend everybody to try this restaurant. I'm sure that you will want to come here again…

2  Thank sercanANK
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is one of the few chef's restautant in Ankara. Daniel's preparations are really good and staff are very friendly and polite. Menu is rather extensive and provide for every taste.
This is the place where I am taking my cherished visitors to Ankara.
Wine selection is one of the widest in Ankara, İt might be little bit expensive for some but considering the selection this is just normal as they are prized less than double of their shelf prize. They also serve spirits that you cannot find other restaurants like armagnac brandy.
Daniel also deliver cooking classes at the premises.

2  Thank ufukgunes66
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been there 4 times.At the first time the food was really good.We had ravioli and meat at the same time.Both were delicious.In my next visits I also tried different steaks and pastas.I ordered well done but the steak was medium.They forgot to bring one of our pasta served it later.Also I would not recommend to drink wine here since wine price over quality and/or food price ratio is unbelievably high.You can drink better wine in any restaurant in Ankara at %40 price lower than in this restaurant.I would never go there again.

4  Thank quasimodo .