“Enjoyable”

JW Marriott Hotel Ankara
Ranked #4 of 179 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Waited until I've had multiple stays here to write a review.

If I had to squeeze a criticism, the service isn't absolutely tip-top intuitive and discreet and polished as in the worlds premium hotels. But again, this is JWM, not Ritz, so I cannot fault them for that. They are by and large very very nice and helpful and attentive. I had to TRY to be picky to even write this paragraph.

Otherwise, the property itself is fantastic, rooms are comfortable, lobby and public facilities are the best aspect - spacious, never crowded, well-designed. Actual steaks in steak restaurant isnt up to par but everything else about it is enjoyable.

Hard to say anything else... pretty good value and surely you'll have an utterly pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank justarandomperson
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Justarandomperson ,

Thank you very much for sharing your reviews after your last stay at JW Marriott Ankara . I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our spacious and deluxe rooms .

Also , we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay one of our top luxury brands Ritz Carlton. We feel it important to show our concern for the guest service that you experienced therefore your comments will be evaluated on the highest level.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the J.W. Marriott Ankara in the not too distant future and assure you of the best attention at all times.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

JW Marriott Ankara is one of the best hotel in Europe and Middle East by far. I have stayed with my family and enjoyed all the services at the hotel. All the staff very professional and friendly and especially front office staff is the best one in my all time experience.

Food is excellent with very reasonable price and SPA facilities are fabulous.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear emrah_yuzuak ,

Thank you very much for the excellent rating and for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay, and that the services and facilities were up to your expectations.

I am very much honored and touched with your nice comments about our staff . Our staff are totally service focused and do their very best to ensure that your stay with us is enjoyable .

Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to the J.W. Marriott in the not too distant future .

Reviewed June 11, 2014

You will be hard pressed to find a finer JW Marriott. The hotel is impeccably maintained...the rooms, hallways, elevators, lobby and even the gym are all spotless. The attention to detail is amazing...this hotel sets the standard for others to try and exceed. The staff was extremely courteous, friendly and solicitous. I felt exceptionally well cared for during my stay. The Executive Lounge was outstanding with a wide selection of breakfast items and heavy hors d'oeuvres/light dinner items in the evening. As others have noted, it does require a cab ride to get into the city center, but I view that as a very minor inconvenience in order to reside at a hotel of this caliber. If you are seeking a five star hotel with service that matches that rating, then I highly recommend a stay at this JW.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank PS5141
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear PS5141 ,

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review and giving us an excellent rating.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the offerings in the Executive Lounge and I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and will be sure to pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for this great review .

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the JW Marriott Ankara!

Although the hotel is in a developing area of Ankara, with nothing but shopping malls alongside the highway, and not in the city center, it is a short cab/car ride to the city center.

Everything in the hotel is top-notch, from the staff to the materials used in the rooms.
After staying at Erdoba Elegance in Mardin, which claims to be a 5-star hotel, JW Marriott Ankara was a breath of fresh air - finally, a true 5-star hotel!

A bellman greeted us with a warm smile, helped us with our luggage, showed us around our rooms, and gave us directions around Ankara.

The walls in the room had perfect sound insulation, and I got a great night's sleep without needing any earplugs.

Everything in the room is high quality - from the towels to the bed sheets to the shower heads to the curtains to the bath salts.

The hotel bar is a great place to wind down at the end of a long day.

At the end of the day, we came back to our rooms to find turn-down service - delicious baklava on the bedside table, along with a personal note from the hotel staff welcoming us.

The hotel houses a high-end spa, which I sadly was not able to try (but I will during my next stay, and I will certainly stay at JW Marriott Ankara during my next visit to Ankara!)

Thank you, JW Marriott Ankara, for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear IstanbuliteinBoston ,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write such a detailed and wonderful review about JW Marriott Ankara . I am glad to see that we have lived up to your expectations.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Ankara and hopefully you will have the time to try our luxurious Karma SPA .

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is without a doubt the best property in Ankara. The General Manager here has done an incredible job in setting the JW Marriott above and well beyond other hotels in the city. Staff, service, details, etc, are all what one would expect...and then some. Congratulations to Team here. Well done all.
As others have noted, the location is away from city center. Hence, a cab is required to access the "built-up" area. But, if you want the best and wish to end your day in, on, and around the best property in Ankara, you must stay here.
**My stay was mid-May. At that time, the outdoor pool was undergoing renovation, and thus not available for use.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Thomas K K ,

Thank you for posting your great reviews on Trip Advisor. All your comments are truly appreciated and will be shared with the teams accordingly.

I would like to inform you that as of May 31st our outdoor pool has been opened and hope on your next visit you'll have time to enjoy it.

Again , we are very glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay at JW Marriott Ankara and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future .

Albert Helms

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I've never stayed at a JW Marriott hotel and I've been missing out! The staff are super friendly and will bend over backwards to make sure their guests are accommodated. If you need a place to stay in Ankara, JW Marriott is where it's at!!
They even offer spa services, gym classes, and an executive lounge with complimentary breakfast and dinner, to include beer and alcohol, for those that need to wind down after a long day.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Ryno6884 ,

Thank you very much for your time for sharing your great comments about us . We are very much honored and touched. Comments and ratings such as yours are very valuable and important for us, and are shared with all of our team members for motivation.

Again , we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at JW Marriott Ankara and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Ankara.

Albert Helms

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Look, this is a typical JW. Classy, bright, clean, big rooms, lots of public areas, good restaurants etc, but generally lacking any character. Rooms are huge and very well appointed, but this is in a new area of Ankara and it is a cab ride to anywhere. There is no neighbourhood as such to go walking in. It might be fine for business, but as a tourist you really want a neighbourhood and this hotel just does not have one.

The staff are excellent and well trained.

On the downside:
1. we were heading out with some very threatening skies so I asked for an umbrella. They searched around and appeared not have any for general guest use. Instead they offered me a new JW umbrella for which I would have to pay a deposit of $75!!!! In a country where you can get a reasonable brolly for around $5, I just had to decline the offer.
2. the windows of our room were filthy. Ankara is a dusty place and the dust can come down with the rain, but these windows looked like they had never been cleaned on the outside.
3. Breakfast was very expensive, particularly when there is no option outside the hotel. Nearly all hotels in Turkey include breakfast in the room price. Here I had to pay $25 for bowl of cereal and a coffee
4. I asked for them to call up a taxi to take us to the airport. They suggested a transfer in a hotel car for 100TL to which I agreed. When the car turned up and we were loaded and ready to go they explained that this was a VIP car and we would have to pay 200TL. We called a taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachSwaggie
ALBERTHELMS, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear BeachSwaggie,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to place a comment after your recent stay at the JW Marriott Ankara Hotel .

In regards to your umbrella comment, I do sincerely apologize if our procedure was not communicated to you correctly. When our guests request for an umbrella, we are more than happy to lend our guests our hotel umbrellas complimentary, there is no actual charge to your account, we only place a deposit.

Thank you also for your comments in regards to the window cleaning, our exterior windows are cleaned at least twice a year as you can appreciate Ankara is a very dusty place and we put the best foot forward to keep it clean.

We absolutely understand your frustration about the cost of breakfast, while you only wanted to have bowl of cereal and coffee, the cost could seem excessive but I would like to kindly inform you we have an A la Cart Menu where guests can select what they choose to eat. We are very sorry this was not communicated to you well.

Last but not least, as you mentioned we do have two types of service, standard and luxury transfers. You can be assured we will investigate this further to find out what might have caused this issue.

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you back on your future visit to Ankara.