“Exceptional hotel”

Ranked #3 of 175 Hotels in Ankara
Island of Malta, Malta
“Exceptional hotel”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My stay at the JW Marriott in Ankara was from the 26-29 November while at a conference. This is an incredible hotel with amazing attention to detail. My room was an example of understated luxury with all the amenities I could wish for and a bathroom that sets standards for other hotels.
Service and food were wonderful on all the days I was there. I realise this sounds a bit over enthusiastic but I am a very frequent traveller and it is a long time since I have had anything to enthuse over! Getting to Ankara was not an easy process and the timing of the flights is super inconvenient but spending some time at the JW Marriott made it more bearable. I did not have time to sightsee so I cannot really comment on location. Maybe next time? Keep up the service!

Room Tip: My room was on the ninth floor and the sparkly lights from neighbouring skyscrapers were really pret...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear RuthF4

Thank you so much for this wonderful description of the JW Marriott Ankara, as a General Manager I would not describe it any better from what you wrote. I thank you again for the excellent rating and for taking the time to write this great review.

Thank you again and if travel brings you back to Ankara, I would be glad to meet you in person.

Khaled Al Jamal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Henlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I visited ankara and a quiet time of the year during the summer. There are only 6 flghts a day in ankara so had to fly from LHR via Munich. Stayed at the J.W. Marriot Ankara. It was the most amazing hotel ever. The location is however for business and you can not walk from the hotel as its been built in an area they are trying to regenerate. However the hotel is 6 Star.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms. All the rooms are good and they all have the latest Tech.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear LaurieG79

We very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and thank you so much for the excellent rating. We are glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

As you have correctly mentioned, the area is going through a major development and while we are sure that our Hotel is conveniently located for major government offices and businesses; we are confident also that it will soon become one of the major attractive areas around the city.

Many thanks again and looking forward to having you back with us soon.

General manager
ankara
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at jw mariott ankara two days, it has been a pleasure for me. The staff is helpfull and kind to everybody. The hotel is furnished, excellent the details are elaborated. At friday night I ate dinner with my friends in Fires and Flavors Restaurant. The fishes and the other foods are tasty very well cooked with affordable prices. I recommend this hotel to everybody who plans visit to Ankara..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Cem b

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent review and for the great comments you mentioned. I am glad to see that we have met your expectations on both the hotel physical condition and the service.

I was delighted also to read your comments on the Seafood buffet, I appreciate you mentioning this since it is a new buffet that we started recently and will continue to serve every Friday evening with the same great value that you have enjoyed.

Once again thank you very much for the great review.

Hertfordshire
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed in a De Luxe room whilst attending a conference nearby. One of the best hotels I have stayed in, in the last couple of years. Facilities in general are excellent. Rooms very spacious and well equipped. The personal service, attention to detail of the staff was excellent.

The only criticism - shortage of staff in the bar/lounge area in the evening. In a hotel of this class, it shouldn't be hard work to find someone to serve you a drink!

Dear Berkoboy,

Thank you so much for the great comments and for the excellent rating you gave us. I appreciate you taken the time to review our hotel.

Also I appreciate your constructive feedback about at the Lobby Bar service which we will address and monitor staffing level accordingly.

Once again thank you and I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit to the JW Marriott Ankara Hotel

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Almost too sophisticated for Ankara, the bar has twinkling night views across the city and dim lights to help you get into the swing, offers cool piano jazz to, and big comfortable business-man-wide sofas to relax into. A good place to take out-of-towners or a first date - both will be dazzled by how a bit of height can make Ankara seem charming!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Redcar_12
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Redcar_12,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and great score you gave us. It is always great to get the feedback from our customers and specially from the "locals" when using our facilities.

I am glad to learn that your experience at the Skye Vue bar was memorable and that we lived up to you expectations.

Allow me please here to point out that we have a separate page for our restaurants and bars; you can find us under the restaurants tab "Skye Vue Lounge & Terrace". since it's a new page for us; we would love to invite you to be the first reviewer.

Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

General Manager .
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in JW Marriott Ankara for 3 nights as our Honeymoon. It was a fantastic experience. Everything was very new, very clean, everyone was very professional. Bed, bathroom, nothing to say really, perfect. It deserves more than 5 stars, really. The Lounge located top of the hotel was also very beatiful. Thank you to all the staff, administration. You're doing an unbelievable job...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Berctash,

Let me start by saying congratulations! I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your honeymoon with us at the JW Marriott Ankara.

It is certainly a great motivator for all of us here at the JW and we are proud to receive such wonderful comments and excellent ratings like yours.

We would love to have you back for your anniversary - if not sooner- and will be glad to upgrade you for a honeymoon suite for this occasion.

Khaled Al Jamal,
Azerbaijan
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I visited JW Marriott Ankara Hotel on October 21, 2012. It was the second trip that i chose this hotel for my business. Greeting on the front door was purely satisfied me and staff's attention was very good. You can stay leather chairs near the reservation desk while reservation staff check your reservation and I enjoy my Latte's flavour after all my long journey with air. Checking reservation process was finished so quickly then I settled my Deluxe room. Room's design to be form of mix of modernism and perfection. Jw Marriott Sky Vue Lounge was perfect, you can listen the impressive music of American pianist John Little while sipping your drink on the Sky Vue Lounge terrace

JW Marriott Ankara Hotel absolutely deserves more of 5 star; you can stay enjoyable and comfortable at JW Marriott Ankara Hotel with your complacency. While being my recent stay i observed lobby bar staff's behaviour. They were very qualified.
I also ate and drinked on the lobby bar. Club sandwich, meat, Latte, coffee with milk, orange juice is my suggestions. Overall; food was very delicious.

I prefer JW Marriott for business and peace of mind. I hava a JW Marriott Reward Card, online systems also very good but card's online procedures web site is little bit confusing, not user-friendly i think.

Last; For Mr. Tuna, Front Office Supervisor, thank you to guide for anything about and Mr. Tuna is very qualified staff i have met her while staff deal with my quit process at midnight.

Room Tip: 11th floor room's with great Ankara landscape
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KAJ64, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Ankara, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Cagdas-E

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for the excellent rating you gave us.
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review and for recognizing our services and staff especially our Front Desk Supervisor Tuna.

We are glad to see that we are living up to your expectations and value your loyalty to Marriott; I have noted to my colleagues your comments on the online procedure.

I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit to the JW Marriott Ankara and thank you again for your repeat business.