Divan Cukurhan
  • Pool
$221
$175
CrownePlaza.com
Ankara Plaza Hotel(Ankara)(Great Value!)
$50
$48
Asal Hotel Ankara(Ankara)(Great Value!)
$46
  • Restaurant
$72
$70
Agoda.com
Buyukhanli Park Hotel & Residence(Ankara)(Great Value!)
$44
$43
Travelocity
All reviewsankara castleturkeyhistorical buildingbeautiful hotelbrown toiletriesworked finestayed longerbreakfast is servedcity viewpolite staffbed was comfortableroom was largemuseumcemenglishmoldedrenovation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Divan Cukurhan absolutely deserves the #1 ranking in Ankara. We stayed two nights during our trip and wish we could have stayed longer. The airport pickup was very convenient. The historic hotel is situated across from the old citadel and commands a beautiful view of the city. The staff was kind and helpful, and the rooms were artfully decorated, spacious, very clean, and comfortable--excellent value as well; we had a rain shower and a bathtub. (The only issue we had was the seemingly random wiring of the electrical switches-- some just turned certain lights on, while others did both, and some lights did nothing. Not a big deal though.) Its quaint location in the old part of the city provides a welcome refuge from the hustle and bustle of Ankara.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ashurbanipal
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear PhoenicianPhenom

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write this great review and it is so nice to read that your stay with us was memorable.

I thank you for the excellent rating and for your kind recommendation to our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you at Divan Çukurhan again soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This is a beautifully furnished and comfortable hotel in the old part of Ankara. It is a renovated caravanserai. Within walking distance of the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations. Rooms large, very comfortable beds and bathrooms fantastic, with bath and shower. The lighting in the bedroom was dim - not sufficient for reading. But I could relax and read downstairs in the elegant and comfortable lobby/lounge area or quaintly furnished library (and they would bring me a glass of wine). And I was a little surprised that, in such a modern hotel there was no refrigerator in the room. Wonderful breakfasts. The staff, especially the young men at Reception, were extremely helpful. The restaurant staff also were friendly and provided excellent service to me as a single guest, even in the middle of dealing with conference dinners and weddings.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Pamela F
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Pamela F

I would like to thank You for taking Your time and writing a beautifull feedback about our unique property.
I am glad that you had a memorable and enjoyable time with us.
Regarding the light in the room You are right, in some rooms it is not enough to read a book.We are looking into it and we will find a solution for the problem.I will pass the message to the Front Office Staff and I am sure they will be happy to hear your appreciation

Kindest Regards

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I had excellent time in ANKARA.the hotel is located in great location.it is walking distances to archaeological museum & ankara kilesi.you can also walk to many local resturant.Hotel manager & staff speks english & manager helped me with trip to Hattusas with english speking guide/driver.
there is no agency in ANKARA that offer HATTUSAS as day trip with english guide,so i am really thankful to the manager.the rest of the staff was great for making good suggestion for visiting the places in the evening.i would like to stay their again if i ever return to ANKARA.
MY ROOM HAD GREAT VIEW of the city &they serve GREAT BREAKFAST.they also have a nice museum attached to the hotel which is worth a visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear kalp-51

Thank you for taking the time to write this great review & for the excellent rating you gave us.
I am glad to read that your stay with us was enjoyable and that we have lived up to your expectations.
We look forward to be of a service again soon and i would like to wish you a very happy 2013.

Thanks again,
Sincerely

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was recommended to stay at this hotel by my son. From the moment of first contact with the hotel, it went well. The initial booking went smoothly on line, and on arrival, I had a nice limo waiting to take me to the hotel. You have one complimentary airport transfer included in the hotel cost. Winding through some pretty streets to the Citadel area in Ankara, the hotel is perched atop a steep mount, and is enthralling as you enter. Refurbished and decorated in surprising colonial style, the welcome hospitality, and efficient personalised check in, made you feel very special. The room with a king bed itself was very comforatble for one to two persons, and the bathroom was a treat, very clean, and with lots of space. Instant hot water when showering in a giant shower. The bed was a bit soft for me but I enjoyed the rest it gave me. Breakfast was the best I had in many years anywhere. Extremely generous portions, I did not need lunch either day. Starter of salad including sweet cherry tomatoes and tasty fennel, with a choice of four cheeses, a six item condiment tray including delicious bitter orange slices, and fresh honeycomb honey, a choice of fresh bread and pastries, with juice, tea or piping hot coffee - served with hot milk - AND a wide variety of cooked regular items with really delicious eggs cooked to perfection and brought in the actual cooking skillet. Extremely restful and quiet, the hotel facilities were functional but highly interesting, exhibiting many invaluable works of art, sculptures, and photos. A short walk from two great open markets, the area close by was alive with local retail activity, and local arts and crafts. Also close to Hacettepe University - a leisurely 10-15 min walk, and lots of good shopping, where prices are very competitive and reasonable, especially for all types of fish, nuts, fruit and vegetables. Museums and sightseeing abound. Great location but a possible tough climb for some less fit who will need a taxi - but you can walk up to the hotel and it is great exercise for the athletic traveller. Tranquil and undisturbed, I definitely would recommend this as a must to stay for a short time. It is only a bed & breakfast hotel, and 2 days cost me Euro 230, worth every Euro. Service was outstanding. Full marks to the Divan. Don't miss this one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dashing4u
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear dashing4u

Woow!!! What a nice review!
Thank You so much for taking Your valuable time and writing this wonderfull comments.
It was a truly pleasure to make You feel like at home.Myself and my wonderfull Staff are delighted to hear a nice words like that.It is a big honour for us to have a positive feedback from a traveller like You.
We are looking forward seeing You soon,perhaps for the family gateway:-)

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Divan Cukurhan may be a little out of the day for the business traveller but my my it is certainly value for money and a real sense of luxury and tranquility amongst Ankaras busy hustle bustle surroundings.

The atrium to the hotel is truly weird, wonderful and quirky with a pool surrounding a seating area and a dining room situated amongst a library and bar with a somewhat fawlty towers feeling to it.

The rooms are spacious very clean and just a really cool place to stay and I would recommend this to anyone coming to Ankara as the staff here are so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for city facing rooms not the ones overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidGreen1001

Dear DavidGreen1001

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing with us your comments about our beautifull property.
It was our pleasure to make you feel comfortable and relax.

Hope to see You soon