“A hidden gem”
Review of Divan Cukurhan

Divan Cukurhan
Ranked #8 of 178 Hotels in Ankara
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Divan Cukurhan may be a little out of the day for the business traveller but my my it is certainly value for money and a real sense of luxury and tranquility amongst Ankaras busy hustle bustle surroundings.

The atrium to the hotel is truly weird, wonderful and quirky with a pool surrounding a seating area and a dining room situated amongst a library and bar with a somewhat fawlty towers feeling to it.

The rooms are spacious very clean and just a really cool place to stay and I would recommend this to anyone coming to Ankara as the staff here are so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for city facing rooms not the ones overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DavidGreen1001
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear DavidGreen1001

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing with us your comments about our beautifull property.
It was our pleasure to make you feel comfortable and relax.

Hope to see You soon

Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Divan has a bit of magic about it. It's calm, tranquil and a really nice to spend time. As a female business traveller, it was a very good experience alltogether. There was an excellent free and calm transfer after a really rubbish and stressful flight connection (the fault of Istanbul's overwhelmed airport). I had a warm welcome and a very clean and attractive room. There was great food in the slightly bonkers-looking museum restaurant (really expected the exhibits to come alive as I dined alone under the biplane!). Breakfast in the covered atrium/courtyard was a beautifully presented and really lovely affair. Wander outside and you are in the castle, with its windy streets and ancient loveliness. A taxi ride into town (okay, it's not central, but links to the business area by taxi aren't too bad (I guess TL25-35), and it is a nice part of town. My colleagues in Istanbul say (quoting somebody famous) that the best thing about Ankara is the airport leaving Ankara to come back to Istanbul, I'd say that the best thing about Ankara could well be this hotel!

Room Tip: They had no problems turning off the hallway music when I went to bed early. My room had a castle vi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear Eaden,

It is so nice to see that You take Your time and let us know how was your experience with us.
I am very happy that we meet all your expectations:-)
Next time when you will visit our beautifull hotel I will make sure that You get another unique room which You will enjoy:-)

Hope To see You soon in a very near future

Kind regards

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed at this beautiful hotel in late October. It is small (in terms of number of rooms) but the lobby is large and the rooms are very large and luxurious. We found it very quiet. It is within a few meters of the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations - an excellent museum, worth a visit to Ankara on its own. The restaurant in the hotel serves excellent food and the breakfast is wonderful. As others have observed, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: I think any room would be fabulous.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Robert H

On behalf of Myself and my Staff I would like to thank you for taking the time and writing a nice review about Divan Çukurhan.
It is always good to see that our guests enjoy their stay with us.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place was so nice I hardly left for three days. We have visited all over Turkey for two weeks and we had the best breakfast and dinner at this location. We were also provided with superior service. Very clean and nicely furnished rooms.

Room Tip: Not sure you can go wrong with any of the rooms!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Lanette P

It was our pleasure to welcome You in our amazing hotel.
Myself and my wonderfull Staff are here to make Your dreams come true!

Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Splendid location, elegant hotel in Ankara's fascinating old town. Although we arrived late, the car that the hotel had sent to the airport for us was still waiting. Our spacious room was tastefully furnished with distinctive and very usable antiques. Indeed, no two rooms in this classic converted caravanserai are alike. The next morning we sat in the former courtyard, now a stylish covered atrium, and had a delicious breakfast with fresh juice, honey, assorted cheeses, great breads, and more. Wonderful staff at the hotel helped us make the most of our days, including an extended excursion to Hittite sites. From our room we looked in the front gate of the ancient citadel, and a short walk down the street were fascinating shops as well as the great Museum of Anatolian Civilizations. The Divan Cukuran is the ideal base for a memorable visit to Ankara and central Turkey and for enjoying the ultimate in Turkish comfort and hospitality.

Room Tip: Because we came back after a Cappadocia sidetrip, we stayed in two different rooms, and our friend i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Dear 1morewahine

I would like to thank you for taking Your valuable time and writing nice comment about our unique property.
It was our pleasure to make sure that You will enjoy every moment of Your stay in Ankara.
We do hope that we will welcome you again in our HOME:-)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

One of the best Boutique Hotels in Turkey, the staff was so helpful to find us transfers when flights were cancelled, they took us to city tours, the place impecable, specially thanks to Emir and Erhan at the Reception. Still the staff deserve to improve their knowledge in English, please Managmente give them the free opportunity to be the best in Hospitality.

Room Tip: Try to book the corner facing the city views, there were constructions in the Citadel in Oct.2012, s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lilia2012
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Lilia,

It was a pleasure to welcome You in our beautifull hotel.It is nice to see that You had a memorable stay and I will make sure that Emir and Erhan will get your feedback:-)
I do hope that if You ever come back to Ankara we can welcome You again.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

At the frond gate of the old city citadel there was a surprise waiting for us in Ankara
A beautiful renovated traditional Chan that it takes you back in time, with luxury and comfort
This hotel should be a place to visit even if you are not plan to stay
in a very quite and peaceful atmosphere, you are in the middle of the old city, walking distance to the small antique shops all around you(steep downhill) and small local cafes BUT after 8 it looks empty, everything is closed and no more people around, so take a taxi to come back at night
The rooms were spacious enough but the Bathroom was even bigger having even a view from my Jacuzzi
Another surprise NO refrigerator in the room, and not enough bottles of drinking water
you should ask for ice or cold drinks But the staff is very pleased to help you anytime and the service in all grounds is exelent
The breakfast was a great surprise also, since it was served for each guest(not a Buffet)
in fantastic old Turkish trays, with a choice of a main course, starting rather late at 7 for business travelers ,and having no tourkish simit bread !!!
The hole atmosphere it is extremely romantic
A little too much for an evening dinner at the restaurant ,the light is too low you cannot even see your food ,it is like a dark castle and you are sitting in the middle
Funny abut the light ~I can go every morning for breakfast but i would never have dinner in the same restaurant
fortunately there is a very nice restaurant just across the street with an Ankara view from the castle I think it is call Washington!!!!
I would strongly suggest this Hotel for a weekend, without moving more than 500 meters around
I think the renovation of such a site was due to a Rich Turkish named Cotc (I dont Know if it is correct ) but next door is also a museum for a private collection like cars, type writers, baby prams Old computers !!! and those small thinks that also take us back to our young age
I would go back even if it just to stay in this One Of a Kind Hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank nikolakopoulos
Sylwia D, General Manager at Divan Cukurhan, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Athanasios,

Thank You so much for sparing Your time and writing this nice feedback for us.
Next time when You will be visiting our unique property I will make sure that You will have the turkish simit for your breakfast. Also I would like to let You know that we have an amazing restaurant in the Museum called Çengelhan.For the lunch and evening pleasure it is a perfect place to have a meal:-)
Now You have a reason to come back!:-)

Kind Regards and hope to see you soon