Bera Ankara
$72
$70
$64
HolidayInn.com
Asal Hotel Ankara(Ankara)(Great Value!)
$46
  • Restaurant
Ankara Plaza Hotel(Ankara)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The Good:
- Great service. We drove in and so from the time we handed the keys over to the valet to the moment we checked over the staff service was excellent. With the exception of restaurant staff though.
- Rooms. We were lucky enough to get a room overlooking the main intersection and so view was great of the protestors downstairs. Other than that the rooms was huge, very spacious and comfortable. Shower was excellent and bed comfy.
- Location. Even the demonstrators will tell you it's centrally located. They all meet downstairs!
- Parking. Free. What else can I say. So many other Hilton family hotels charge for this (in the case of UK Hiltons they don't even need to be in the city to charge!) and yet the centrally located doubletree in the capital of the country doesn't charge. Brilliant.

The Bad:
- Gym. Good equipment just not enough of it. Or space. Management will probably say that it's because it's so popular but if you now it's popular and you run out of equipment do something about it.

The Ugly:
- Breakfast. I would have given five stars if it wasn't forthe breakfast experience. Or lack of. There was hardly any food when we went down and it was only about 7:30. Huge tray of watermelon just had seeds on it. Was like locusts had come through and taken everything and left some morsels that they hadn't seen. Staff were not helpful and couldn't even get a cup of coffee without waiting an age.

Still we did enjoy our time at the doubletree Ankara and would thoroughly recommend it to others with the caveat of eating elsewhere perhaps.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Ramenmuncher
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights and was well impressed by this hotel. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms clean and well maintained. Breakfast was average to good. The hotel is next to a really lively part of the city with loads of street cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs on the doorstep. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dave T
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Near by the very centre of the city. Housekeeping is also good. Some of the rooms are a bit small but if you're searching for a central hotel, this might be the one you're looking for.There is also a restaurant near by the lobby. The staff is polite and ambience is soft.

1  Thank Bedriye Burcu A
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A few days after our very disappointing stay at the Prague Hilton we came to the Ankara Hilton. What a difference!! This is a friendly, well run, and very comfortable establishment. The location is very central, yet the neighborhood is quiet. The rooms could be a bit larger, but the beds are very comfortable. The public areas are well designed and comfortable. The pool is also great and uncrowded. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the views for all rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in Ankara for a medical congress in March 2013 and spent 3 days in this hotel and it was a disaster. I couldn't sleep for the first 2 nights because of extensive noise the customers made. When I complained about it to the receptionists several times, first they told me they warned him and they did not have any empty rooms to move me into.Then they offered me to go to the noisy customer together with them to fight!!! I guess at midnight. When I asked them to find me another hotel in the city, an empty room was avaliable immediately although they said they did not have any empty rooms before.I was so tired after a long day and at midnight I had to go through all these and changed rooms to a smelly one. The pipes in the bathroom were stinking.Because the shower did not have a door, after I had a shower, the bathroom floor was all wet floating in water. The second day a tourist group arrived and they partied till 2:00 in the morning. Other customers shouted at them saying it was enough but there was no security around to warn them.It shouln't be our duty to try to provide silence in a hotel after midnight.The food was average. Everything was bad.I don't understand the combination of all these things and the name of Hilton together. Do not recommend this hotel at all!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business