“High qulity”

Ranked #5 of 175 Hotels in Ankara
Nevsehir, Turkey
“High qulity”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Perfect location . Near to center of the city and one of the biggest mall of Ankara, Armada Mall. Perfect lobby. Good breakfast. Very high quality hotel. My room is not big but commodious and very chic. The most striking part of the room is its bath design! Lighting of bathtub and washbasin is very nice. One Wall (the Wall behind the bathtub) of bathroom is transparent .Interseting ! Best for couples :) But also recommended for business trip.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights purely for business and the location meant that I could walk to my appointments. This hotel sets a very high standard and will easily serve the discerning business or pleasure traveller well so long as you are aware of the location; there is significant building works going on in the district and it is not really for tourists. The hotel has an excellent SPA and pool area with a good gym too with Sauna etc. I would happily stay here again as this hotel is well appointed, the staff were very good and efficient and you should have no problems here at all – the rooms are well laid out and comfortable – I think a room at the back of the hotel may give a better view possibly. The restaurant and breakfast is also very good suggest try the Turkish Red or Rose wine. There is a rather good shopping centre a short walk away and also a restaurant called Kitchenette Armada which was decently priced and had an English menu.

Room Tip: Possible a room at the back of the hotel has a better view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank richard h
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Check the bathroom And pillows first Than you can have a nice sleep. They have only barber shop. İf you need an hair dresser you should find sonewhere else.
Breakfast is good but No idea about dinner.

• Stayed November 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed in March of 2013. Was very impressed by the modern design of the room and the quality of the fixtures. The rooms feel quite large and spacious, particularly due to the way the bathroom is designed. As a longtime expat I was also super amped to have NBA TV in the room. Was pleasantly surprised by the happening scene at the lounge on a saturday night. Only drawback in my opinion is the location, which is quite a bit from the city center, near the Otogar. With that said you are close to some nice shopping. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPlazaAnkara, General Manager at Wyndham Ankara, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Wesley,
We appreciate your kind comments and thank you for the invaluable time you set aside to write this post.

We are glad to hear that you experienced the exciting scene at No4 Restaurant Bar Lounge on Saturday night. The excitement at No4 is due the weekly events we host with our talented DJ and multi-instrumentalist. I will also share your other comments with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you and being of service again soon.

Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for business in February of 2013. This was a very good hotel in a good location. The breakfast selections were excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice, free in-room Wifi that was good enough for Skype video calls. Dinner was very good at a reasonable price. Location was great, you could walk one block to a indoor shopping mall with plenty of stores and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ray,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to hear that we have lived up to your expectations on all aspects. I will certainly share your comments with our team.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Set in what can only be described as a building site, this Ramada Plaza is an oasis. Whoever did the market research to say "put it there" must have access to information that I do not. The place was quite empty and I'm guessing occupancy was low.

The rooms however were top notch. I stayed in 911 (an upgrade room) and was met with a red glowing bathroom - bedecked in LED's and mood lighting.

Most of what you get in this place is completely functional, excellent etc etc but as you might expect, so often without character.

Service was great - nothing was too much trouble

Downsides
1) The rooms were so hot, it was not funny. I tried to cool it down, but all that did was ensure the aircon belched out even more, even hotter air !... gasping, I opened to the window to be met with my second problem
2) It's noisy. Ankara is busy anyhow, but this place is right on the intersection of some busy roads so if I wanted to breathe, I suffered noise.
3) The room was full of top range kit (flatscreen, personal DVD, etc etc - even a condom in the fridge (!) ) but when you slept at night, the room was bathed in the glow of all these modern trendy blue LED's... and I just couldn't sleep they were so bright.

Having covered them up, I then noticed that the 2 bedside lights - even when off - flickered at a very low level.. quite bizarre.

Of course, with the window open, you hear all the dogs going crazy and the call to prayer. Nice if that's your cup of tea...

Tried the Gym at 5:30 and it was empty. Got on a bike (broken, but new) so swapped to a running machine and this conked out too.

Mixed. In some parts brilliant... in others so so..

Oh, I forgot to mention. the SHOWER was fantastic.. all these little knobs and adjustments. One of them was marked "Rain Shower" - I looked up and saw the most enormous device all ready to bathe me in water. I switched in on and a few pathetic dribbles ensued in all directions. As is usual with showers like this, the hardness of the water had blocked the little rubber "bobbles" so water was struggling to come out.

I then spent about 10mins flicking them with my finger to loosen the limescale until water flowed. result ?? YES.. A perfect RAIN SHOWER !

Why mention ? Well, its a sign that perhaps the cleaning and housekeeping need to descale the shower heads from time to time.

Room Tip: Try rooms overlooking the park. Higher numbers in the series are often closer to the lift. Enjoy the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear clubsport911,
First off, thank you for your detailed and helpful review. It is guests such as yourself that makes us strive only for the best of the best in this industry.

I am glad to hear that you were overall satisfied with your room and our service. Our rain shower is one of many highlights in our rooms. On your suggestion about showerheads, I must make note that our housekeeping team has been descaling the shower heads on a regular basis. The over-heating you have experienced is unfortunate and our team would have been more than happy to make sure your get a good night sleep at the perfect tempreture.
The noise you heard at night is due to the lively scene around the location of our hotel. Söğütözü is one of the fastest developing neighborhoods in Ankara and is considered the business hub of the capital city.

Last but not least, I want to thank you personally for mentioning the glow of the technological devices. At this point room 911 has been checked thoroughly and all technical problems are resolved. The Gym is being checked on a daily basis to ensure that all equipments work properly. However, after your review all eqipments have been through maintenance service to make sure that all of our guests enjoy a good workout!

Again, thank you for taking your time in writing this post. We hope to have you as our guest at Ramada Plaza Ankara in the near future. Until then on behalf of my team happy travelling!

Kindest Regards,
Barış TEKIN
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here on a short business trip and was impressed !. I was upgraded on arrival to a room on the executive floor. This room was to a very high standard with a jacuzzi as well as the usual minibar, tea and coffee making facilities , bath robe etc. The breakfast buffet was to a high standard also with an excellent choice. The wi fi access was fast and stable -something I dont always find when travelling with a choosy business laptop. The hotel also arranged taxi transfers to and from Ankara airport with the cost added to the bill thus avoiding the need to carry lots of currency.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RamadaPlazaAnkara, General Manager at Wyndham Ankara, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Emerillon,
We thank you for your generous compliments. Your encouraging words will certainly help to strengthen the conviction and motivation of our team. We look forward to having you back at Ramada Plaza Ankara.

All the best,