“Great Environment”
Review of Gregory Vineyard

Gregory Vineyard
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Angier
Reviewed September 2, 2015

Excellent environment for dining, after your meal you can sit on porch overlooking the pond and enjoy the peace and quite.

All reviews
"teresa"
"peach"
"facility"

Reviewed August 10, 2015

First visit to a muscadine winery, and for a dry wine lover, it was pretty enjoyable. Despite claims that they had a few dry options, they were just slightly less sweet than other options that they had. All were sweet. Despite this, the wines were enjoyable. Some got disturbingly sweet towards the bottom of the list, but lots of flavors of cherry, berries, and some stone fruits. Very interesting assortment of wines. Top that with a few fortified wines (moonshine) and you have a fun wine list. We stopped by at around 5pm, and they apparently stop their tastings at 4pm. Despite this, the staff was more than willing to pour their whole wine list for us. Super friendly staff, fun wines, and we left with more than a few bottles. Will definitely be back!
They also have a restaurant on site that looks quite good. Will visit!

1  Thank ckassotis
Reviewed August 2, 2015

August 1, 2015 my husband and I visited Gregory Vineyards - just a "day out." What a beautiful place! So peaceful and pretty. The wine tasting was a lot of fun and we tasted about 8 different wines. We had a tour of the facility which was very interesting. Next time we'll plan to dine at their restaurant.

My only complaint is the ladies room - not much knee room from the seat to the door!

Reviewed May 11, 2015

.....make sure you check your transaction if you purchase anything. More on that in a bit.

First, I bought a Groupon for $16 that included the tasting, tour & wine glasses for 2 and one free bottle of wine. When you arrive, you will do the tasting first. They also provide you a plate full of cheese and Ritz crackers, along with a small bag of oyster crackers. More than enough snack food for 2; however, we did eat it all.

We tasted 8 or 9 different wines. The server took her time and explained each wine to us, so we knew exactly what we were tasting. You take your time and there is no rush.

After the tasting, we decided on 2 bottles of wine. We purchased everything and got ready for the tour. They have a shuttle that takes you over to do the tour. It is very short, but we enjoyed learning about how they make their wine.

Now, for the only negative. We received a free bottle that was included with our Groupon. We purchased another bottle as well. Our total was $10.68. A few days later I was checking our transactions and they charged us $14.68. Not a lot of money, but it was still $4 more than what it should have been. I called and left a message, but did not receive a return call. So, I called back the next day and spoke to the person I needed to speak to. They found our receipt and apparently, the lady put in the wrong amount when running our card. They did credit us the $4, but I was so glad it was just $4 and not $40 or even more.

Anyway, we would definitely like to go back again, as long as I have a Groupon!