“What a Surprise!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Andrews
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went on a overnight ride with another couple. We normally stay in Maggie Valley, but they had Thunder in Maggie going on. So we looked outside of that area and found this place. After riding a motorcycle 200 miles that day we were looking for a place to rest. When we got here we were pleasantly surprised. The lobby was very nice and clean. Their staff was very friendly and helpful. When we opened the door to our rooms they were very clean and updated! We were very happy to have such a nice room to rest in. We also meet other couples that were riding through the area and had great conversation with them. The only down side of our trip was we sat by the pool when got there, only to be attacked by mosquito's! Lots of them. I was investigating why this could be happening and I found a the far end of the pool area it appears they had a hot tub. It is now covered with wood planks and is now full of dark green water. I stood there for a minute and watched swarms of mosquito's fly out! Bring mosquito spray if you want to sit by the pool. I did say something to the desk clerk the next morning about this. I hope he brings to management attention. We will be going back soon. It has beautiful views of the mountains.

Room Tip: Bring mosquito spray if you sit by the pool!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed one night, 2 queens, the room was very clean, beds were comfortable, lobby was modern and very clean, did I say this place was clean? I was delighted being this was a motel type Inn with little competition in the area. It rained but the pool looked nice. The front desk help was polite, friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Breakfast was good, no a big selection, but fresh and clean!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Contrary to some of the negative reviews our friends and family had no complaints. when they stayed here for our sons wedding at Hawksdene House in Andrews. this past August 10th. They all said the10+ rooms were clean and newly updated. The breakfast was good and the employees were friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and the outdoor area was conducive to hang out and enjoy the mountains.
It is no five star hotel but for the money is an excellent, clean, comfortable place to stay.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Decided to stop for the night on a six hour ride to pick up daughter from camp. Asheville was way overpriced just for a place to lay our head for the night. Went on to Waynesville, and Sylva where every stop was booked up. Called ahead to the Quality Inn in Andrews, where the clerk was exceptionally nice and saved us a room. It was right on Hwy 74, so was easy to get to. We were pleasantly surprised with warm welcome and very nice 2 queen room with microwave, fridge and flat screen TV, clean sheets, 4 pillows/bed and clean bathroom. There were a lot of bikers staying there and even kids next door, but we were never bothered by any noise. A Huddle House was within walking distance with an extra friendly staff, where we were able to get a late supper. For $80, yes we would stay again!

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Wow let me start by saying I did not planned staying in this hotel but it was 12 midnight and I was driving in the rain in the middle of the blue ridge mountains with the kids and happened to see this hotel and stopped. When I opened the door I could not believe my eyes the room was spacious with two queen beds bigger than usual fridge plasma tv and the beds and pillows super comfortable oh and great breakfast in the morning. I was in a road trip and decided to stay in another quality inn in alabama/giorgia state line what a difference this place was a dump. Wished all the Quality Inns were like the one in Andrews NC.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Where do I start...open the door to a mass of swarming flies. Carpet had food everywhere on it...not crumbs but whole chunks of food. Flies were mashed on the wall from previous occupants and still there. The toilet had a ring darker than imaginable, silver fish in the corners, cob webs on the ceiling and the dust from months of neglect. We checked the room out because we couldn't believe this was what they sent us into.
I went and got the manager so she could see for herself. We were moved into another room and of course flies mashed on the walls, toilet was nasty from never being cleaned but it was a step up from the 1st room. We sleep lightly and got out first thing next morning. The owner should be ashamed to offer anything like this. They took my money but it wasn't a fair exchange. With this experience we will never consider Quality Inn for a choice.

Room Tip: Don't even consider this place
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tarheel101
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I made my reservation 2 months ahead and was booked a room on the first floor due to health reasons and traveling with a toddler. When I arrived Tasha told me that Tim had overbooked and has done this several times and that the room I was supposed to have been in was given to someone else and that no other rooms were available of the first floor and had no concern that I needed the first floor for health reasons and a toddler and blew it off with humor. This has left a bad taste and I don't recommend requesting any certain room because you will get whatever they want to give.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alan L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andrews
Best Western Of Murphy
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort
#2 of 6 in Robbinsville
Holiday Inn Express Suites Murphy

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!