“Good Value Overall”

Ranked #52 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Melbourne
“Good Value Overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

POSITIVES: Nice facade and lobby, security outside 24hrs, enormous room, huge bathroom, bathtub, comfortable bed, lots of TV channels, small pool half indoors/outdoors, friendly staff, very clean towels and sheets, aircon is old but cooled room fine and is quiet. Rooms nicely decorated. Free cable internet in room (cable provided!) and free wifi in lobby. McDonalds, RedRibbon are next door and Jollibee is across the road.
NEGATIVES: Toilet flush hard to use, shower did not drain properly, yes rooms are quite dirty, bedspread dirty and old, I got a few bug bites. Location is outside the main dining/entertainment area. Intenet connection was patchy.
OVERALL: This is good value considering what you pay. It's a 10-15 minute walk to the centre of Timog Ave - but the area around the hotel seems a bit shady after dark, not many people walking around. I wouldn't spend more than 2 nights here - you can pay a few dollars more and stay in Makati.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms not for light sleepers
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank KiwiMatty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Port of Spain, Trinidad
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

My stays were actually in June 2010 last year for 3 days.

POSITIVE:
1. Location is OK
2. quite cheap
3. Max, jolibee & McDonald is just nearby
4. bathroom is clean

NEGATIVE:
1. dunno why others get a nice room but mine was not that good.
2. blankets are not that clean including pillows
3. not enough lights in the room
4. there's this one window in my room that has no curtain at all
5. my room is very dark!
6. tv reception is very BAD & i ask the reception why (they said its normal LOL!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank r2kpogi

Travelers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Lian, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

The location was perfect for my needs, and I was impressed with the beauty of the lobby and restaurant. The rooms were large and comfortable. We stayed in one over-looking the back of the hotel (which we found was MUCH quieter than the ones facing the street!) and had no problems at all. The staff was very friendly, and they remembered me from my previous visit - the doorman salutes me as I come inside (probably because I wear a Greek captain's cap) - but everyone was very polite and helpful. For the level of service you get, the price is great too!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ToddP_1955
Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

A one advice only to those who hve plans to stay here at Great Eastern Hotel: NEVER EVER TRUST ALL THE PERSONNEL; ESPECIALLY ON VALET PARKING. So please beware on them: STEALERS!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bubble_11
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

My stays were actually in Feb 2010 for 5 days and again in March 2010 for 5 days. Both times were enjoyable and no complications.
Only negative remarks would be the first trip, no shuttle was sent to pick me up at the airport after making prior arrangements. Second trip no shuttle was available.
Both rooms for both stays were clean and housekeeping came in daily and cleaned the room.
Me personally can not rate any of the hotel luxries or extras as I basically only there to spend the nights. I was out and about all day.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IWannaBeFishing
austria europe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

I and my sister together with her daughter stayed in Great Eastern Hotel Quezon City FOR 3 DAYS and we made our car in valet parking, not knowing for 2 days the PSP inside the car was lost we just checked it on our way to the church coz my niece will play it. We are sure that the PSP was placed inside the car coz niece used it when we are travelling. We had many hotels from our tripS we checked in manila pavillion hotel taft, BaYview Hotel, Traders hotel Roxas Boulevard But NOTHINGS LOST. Its just when we were in GREAT EASTERN HOTEL AND IN THE VALET AREA OUR PSP WAS LOST..THIS WAS SO FRUSTRATING! THE STAFFS IN THAT HOTEL CANNOT BE TRUSTED TRULY

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jajaeurope
Shanghai, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

we stayed in this hotel for 1 night and I've never killed so many cockroaches/bugs in my life before! i had to put our clothes on the bed coz the bedspread has stains and smells funny! the a/c stuffed up as well! the walls has yellow stains and the towels didn't smell very nice! This place has a very good location but everything else is terrible! My partner is very sensitive so, first night he threw up when he saw the sink in the bathroom! we wanted to move to another hotel but it was in the middle of the night so the following day we moved to Edsa Shangri-la..and it felt like heaven!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple