“Amazing staff”

Stone House Quezon City
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in December with 2 rooms next to each other. The location of this hotel is fantastic as it’s only a couple of blocks away from Tomas Morato. It was an affordable place to stay at hence I would not comment on the facilities it couldn’t offer, nonetheless I appreciate that the rooms were clean and comfy. Although I did not like that it can get really noisy and disturbing if your room is facing the road however the staff tried their best to relocate us to another room that was far from the road.
I want to give a good rating for this hotel because of their amazing staff. I have not seen such happy, helpful and dedicated employees given the fact that Stone House is a bed and breakfast and not a 5 star hotel. They responded on queries received via email and they were very accommodating in any way they can. I wish to give a special mention to Cristina who was so sweet and helpful to us during our stay.
If you want a place (with basic facilities) and filling breakfast then I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room that is far from the main road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank BossyMrs

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Well
My name s Abdulmhsen
Customer service: great
Owner of hotel: so lovely
Daughter of owner: so pretty
Hotel staff: so friendly
Price: too cheap
Room: so clean
Top roof: so fresh
Service: too fast
Mini bar: i like their Ice tea

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Brilliant_Mind
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I did not like this hotel, and found the pictures on their website very misleading. It is not a very nice place, and it is located in a not-very-nice neighborhood. I reserved the Diamond Suite, which was advertised as having two queen beds big enough for 4 adults, but the beds were only about 140cm wide, which is not queen size. Consequently, it was not big enough for my family, and we had to change to get two rooms instead, which of course cost more money.

The rooms weren't very clean, smelled strongly of old cigarettes, and had a very noisy and old a/c that kept me awake at night. I would definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank dabagus1
Garrie, General Manager at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

We are sadden by the thought that you did not like the location. But that's where it is. Others have explored the places around it and enjoyed the experience especially the night life. I guess if you asked they could have directed you. With regards to the bed this is queen size in local standard. I guess you are actually 4 full grown adults. Quite a number have seen the value of this room. But if you will find same prize for 4 adults you really got a better bargain. Good luck and thanks for the visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went here with husband to spend a night. The room rates are affordable. We were awed by their excellent customer service. Its really something remarkable. We were assigned with one chambermaid who takes care of our requests. It's really great!

Rooms are not so classy and their corridors are not even airconditioned. I enjoyed the rooftop but the air is too polluted. But if you want value for money and experience great customer service, i recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No pool, no wifi
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kastiel

Thanks for acknowledging our staff's effort. Some unnecessary expenses were avoided like airconditioned corridors to make prices more affordable. But we are trying to better service which we believe is what the business is all about. The roof top garden is being improved to give guest a place to unwind during their stay. Looking forward to be of service again to you and your family in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Service is great. The staff are attentive and they are ready to grant your request even before you tell them what you need. Love the breakfast. The rooms are clean.

The not so good side is that the Penthouse room is not sound proof. I slept badly and woke up every now and then. The door to the adjoining room had a long crack, covered and taped badly. Upon inspection, it was not entirely covered and had a small peep hole at the bottom. The previous guest probably removed that portion of the tape and the staff failed to see it. The door of the room also had cracks and you can see through it. I know what I paid for and am not expecting a "Kenneth Cobonpue" furniture. But please patch those cracks properly and the gray colored tape against your brown door was a turn off.

I will come back but never stay in that room again. The Executive is way better than the Penthouse room.

Room Tip: The executive room is better than the Penthouse room. Check the position of your room before paying...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ana d

Lovely review. When you notice the service we feel fulfilled. We cannot be a new hotel and we have no plans of being modern but in our daily agenda is to give the best service we can just like you are at home. Regarding the penthouse door upon reading this we have addressed the broken door.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here in early January for 9 nights with my wife's parents, there were 8 of us in total and the staff here are great. We stayed in the presidential suite which was a great size for myself, wife and two kids. Outside the room is a common lounge room and common dinner table for use, which is great for if you have visitors. The included breakfast is enough to keep you going till lunch (as long as you enjoy Filipino food). My kids loved it and all the restaurant staff knew them by name which made a huge difference. The location is convenient to SM North Edsa and Tri Noma shopping centres. Thanks team for a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors towards the back so you are not near the road as e. Rodriguez rd is pretty busy
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kahl86

In behalf of our entire team thank you. The pent house is really like a home tucked away on top with a garden at your door step. Hopefully the roof top garden will be in full swing when you get back.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days in December 2012. I found the employees very accommodating and helpful, an asset to the place. The room that I had was clean. I specially liked the ambience in the restaurant. It's very Filipino and food prices are very reasonable. It's the right place for budget travellers. The place is centrally located in Quezon City. Just one negative comment, the duvets/comforters have seen better days. Maybe it's about time to change them. But I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Oliviahafnor

We have realized that a lot of people can enjoy their holiday by being more practical in their choices. Ours is more no frills but more attention to service. Local experience is what we want to share and not too westernized. Glad to hear you took note of the important touches from service, welcome drink, nightly entertainment, clean room and cozy atmosphere at a budget that will not break the bank. See you soon.