“Very clean and comfortable”

Stone House Quezon City
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable. The TV had a number of international TV stations. The bar/restaurant at the hotel had decent food but was a bit pricey. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful. The manager allowed me a late checkout of 2pm due to a late flight. When I mentioned I wanted to pay for wifi in my room, the staff kindly suggested there was also free wifi in the restaurant (which I certainly used). They helped me get taxis to/from my various locations. Very happy with the hotel itself.

I only stayed in QC because I had something to do there specifically - there's not much in terms of tourism here. My taxi driver had absolutely no idea where the hotel was and although it is on a large street, he couldn't seem to find that either; I would suggest printing out mapped directions to assist your taxi driver.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank kelly b
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

thanks for the review!!!

Reviewed January 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 2 years, most recently 23rd December 2012.

The hotel has the most amazing staff, the Housekeepers, Reception Staff and the Security/ porters are all extremely polite and helpful. They would be by far the best hotel staff I have come across in the Phillipines and I have stayed at a fair few hotels in Manila and Boracy.

The rooms are very clean, they are airconditioned and have international TV channels. WIFI is available for a fee, but it is free downstairs in the Bar.

You can print your Airline flight itinery at the hotel reception (Phillipine Airports requirement)

There are many nightclubs nearby, and St Lukes Hospital (really good) is just up the road.

If you are looking for a clean, reliable hotel with great guest services in Manila look no further.

Room Tip: Spend the extra for a slightly larger room. The hotel has a big penthouse on the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cameron S
onerivercentral, Owner at Stone House Quezon City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thanks Cameron for the wonderful review too bad we weren't able to hang out again. Till we meet again bro.

Reviewed December 3, 2011

We chose this hotel for an overnight stay for it's location to visit families in QC. The rates were cheap. It's an old building but it's very clean and we did not see a single cockroach! We got the Diamond Room with 2 double beds, a sitting area and a refrigerator. You can pay for WiFi in your room for low rates. You get free WiFi at the hotel cafe downstairs where they serve breakfast. You get 2 free breakfasts. The American Breakfast which my kids chose was pretty bad. It was supposed to come with hashbrown, ham, fruits and coffee. The hashbrown was mushy, the ham was a very thin half slice that looked like bologna and they didn't have fruits available. They also had a buffet breakfast which was good for Filipino standards since it had rice, meat dish, vegetable dishes and porridge. The bathroom was ok for Filipino standards. Ours came with a tub/shower combination with shower doors and hot water. The only problem was somehow there was a leak and the bathroom floor was flooded after we had our showers despite having the shower doors closed. The staff were friendly and polite.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank uspinoy

Thanks for your review . We have already fix the bathtub after learning about your experience. As for the breakfast we deeply apologized for it. Your concerned has been already address to our kitchen staff. Once again thanks for you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

My stay at Stone House could not have been more fantastic. While it is a little out-of-the-way, in Quezon City, its charm more than makes up for the extra distance.

The building is aptly named; the exterior is entirely made of stone and the interior is charmingly antique. When I stayed there in July of 2011, they were in the midst of renovations and have since completed the majority of them. Modern facilities accompany this classic bed and breakfast; flat screen TVs, internet, an in-house bar, a rooftop veranda, and much more exist to make your stay comfortable and memorable. The newest Rose Rooms are particularly interesting, as they are modeled after very clean and cozy small rooms found in Japan; they can be found on the lowest level of the building, making them exceptionally quiet and private. It reminded me of similar places I'd stay in when in Hong Kong, for less than half the cost.

Stone House not only includes affordable rooms, but they also have massive penthouse-style suites on their top floors. The rooftop includes a large area used as a bar and breakfast area, as well as a sizable garden area. Downstairs, Stone House offers a charming bar that, even on a weekday, is standing-room only and frequently offers excellent live music. The entire set-up is masterminded by Garrie Trinidad, the owner/operator.

Nothing sets off a great visit like meeting the owner of a hotel, right-off-the-bat. Being a customer who was there to review budget lodging, I was simply fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time upon check-in. Mr. Trinidad is a spectacular host and a true lover of travelers. Upon discovering I was only staying for the one night, he offered to take me to dinner with a friend of his at a restaurant he also owns. It's doubtful that my stay could have been any better.

The hotel staff was equally pleasant, which anyone who travels in the Philippines knows is a welcome thing. Take my advice and check into the hotel manually, and not through their website; there is an additional service charge by booking online, and Stone House does not see any of it. You'd be far better-off writing an email and requesting a reservation, as it can save you around P200 (a significant amount when you're paying P1100 for the room). But, in the end, there is nowhere in Metro Manila where you can get a 600 square-foot (55 square-meter) room for a mere P2,500 a night; if you are looking for that unparalleled deal, it is extremely wise to book in advance.

You're not going to do much better than this in Manila. Whatever standard of living you're looking to achieve during your stay in Manila, Stone House can achieve it, at a rate that is so competitive, it can be hard-to-believe. Keep in mind that the only "negative" is that it is in Quezon; at 5:30am, it took just over a half-an-hour to get from the hotel to the airport, with no traffic to speak of. But, Quezon is nice and quiet, and full of charm that Stone House does a fantastic job of adding to.

Pictures of Stone House can be seen in my Facebook album: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150243202740849.319108.502455848&type=1

Room Tip: The Rose Rooms in the lowest level of the facility are the quietest you will find in Manila, and a s...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank AmericanTaiwan

Thanks for you wonderful comment too bad you weren't able to come back last month. Maybe next time.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

I'd recommend staying here only if you need to be in the area and don't want to spend much.

I stayed at at Stone House Hotel for a week on a work trip as I needed to be close to Diliman and was on a tight budget. I had booked the Garnet room, and when I arrived (quite late at night) I was asked at check-in if I wanted to see the room and consider other options. I saw the room, which was on the 3rd floor, directly above the main road on which the hotel is located. It was quite scruffy, very old TV high up on the wall, and no wardrobe. Then I was shown the other room (Junior Diamond - one single bed and a double bed) which was a bit bigger, had a small wardrobe space with a safe, a relatively better TV and the window faced the inside of the building. I decided to try the first room for the night, and the traffic from the main road was horrendous, meaning I got very little sleep. The next morning I tried to have a shower and there was no hot water. The person sent to fix it couldn't, and so I decided it was time to change to the more expensive Junior Diamond room.

After the transfer, things were generally ok although even here the shower was very old and fiddly, and at times the linen had a damp smell to it. The food in the cafe/restaurant downstairs was really quite avoidable, and I was often getting meals delivered from restaurants on Tomas Morato nearby.

The highlight, if anything, were the staff who were overall very polite, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the non-street facing side of the hotel. Nearby bars may be loud over Fri/Sat.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Mon080

We deeply apologize to your experience in our hotel. All your reviews has been address to each department.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed here while visiting the hospital. It was pretty good location for the hospital and Quezon city, but if you don't need to visit these places, I would suggest a location closer to rapid transit. Its a budget hotel and that is what you get. the room was always well cleaned and promptly cleaned with fresh towels and the like. The staff were nice and helpful at helping with taxis, directions, etc. the bed was okay. We stayed in a suite and thought the kitchen would be more usable ( Ie- have a microwave), but the fridge was nice to have. the tv worked well and so did the aircon.
the wifi is pretty fast and it is free in the restuarant, which is always open. the wait staff is good, but not a lot of choices for vegetarians

Room Tip: Ask for aroom away from the street
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lovetotravelFl

Hi too bad we didn't know your a vegetarian cause if we only knew we could have prepared a special meal just for you. The hotel is also close to Tomas Morato were there are a lot of fine dinning and fast food restaurant. Greens which is known for being a vegetarian restaurant is also 5 to 10 minutes walk from our hotel. Maybe next time.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

This hotel is only for english, american and australian people. TV cable have not TV5 europe in french (but in another hotel in Diliman University we have and i'ts the same cable operator!!). No solution with the reception and i leave this hotel for return in my other hotel. In Stone, direction suppose that all the world is english. Boy room is not able to help... the solution is "excue-me and he go withou shut the door of my room"
I NEVER come back here.
Second: rooms very small, no refrigerator, cooler near the bed, electrical heater for the shower very dangerous (connection at 5 centimeters of the pommel of shower)
Third: I have see the rooms 5 weeks before coming here: the rooms are very correctly; but when i come, the rooms are not the same.

Cotation of this hotel : if is it possible - - 0 0

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Christian S

We deeply apologize for not having a french channel in our hotel. Since our cable subscription is only limited given by the number one cable station here called SKY Cable.