“Good Stay. Great Food.”

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was with my son, his nanny, and my aunt. So here's my review with the Hotel.

ROOM:

Similar to Mandarin Hotel. We've stayed in there De luxe Room. There's bar, cozy bed, standard tv. cabinet, complimentary condiments (tea/coffee/2 small mineral water). There's flat iron and safety box. Comfort room has bathtub, with partition on the shower area. I'm very particular with the cleanliness of the room esp of the CR, so far I have no complaints with this. Coz they did a great job.

FOOD:

Lots of variations. I soo loved and my company as well. Pastries wasn't really deliciouso but there pink salmon overshadows the "not so delictable". Overall, it was a nice experience.

LOCATION:

Strategically in the heart of Ortigas. Robinson's Galleria is just beside the hotel. Where we ate at CAJUN restaurant, a must try. I love there food, not so pricey and yet everything leaves a tingling sensation of satisfaction. Love there Jack Daniels, calamari and hashed brown potatoes.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Guard at the parking is very helpful and kind. CSR at the front desk should try to smile for this is the first thing there customer's noticed. Except for the name Ashley, she was very nice to guests. Guess, she loves what she's doing and that you can't fake it. I commend her for that. Other staffs that we meet at the lobby should try to greet there customers at least not only to there liking but to everyone.

Overall our pre-Valentines Day was a blast. We've enjoyed, and YES definitely coming back and recommended. :)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sw33ttraveller

Reviewed February 11, 2011

Great food, great customer service, near the malls, easy access to transportations, and perfect place to unwind and have fun!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank AlwaysMissUnderstood
JChua320, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2011

Salamat for the great comment and please be assured that this is already shared with the entire team. Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife who is a physician had an early morning event with her organization, so rather than go through Manila traffic we opted to stay at the Crowne Plaza. We had gotten a club deluxe room at the 19th floor and as we had been guests of this hotel in the past we thought we knew what to expect.

Our woes started around around 12 midnight, when we hear a really loud rush of water as if someone is running the tap until 2:30AM. The night manager informed us that the sound was coming from the AC and it was a known persistent problem, he had then set us up to sleep at a different room for the remainder of the night.
By morning, yet another grief came our way when the parking attendant and a guard held us for quite some time at no fault of ours. The guard rudely pointed out that the validated parking pass given by the 19th floor receptionist was written using a wrong colored ink. He was intentionally holding us at the gate despite my protests that my wife would be running late and I would settle the matter once I get back.

These incidents totally defeated the purpose of us staying with this hotel as we didn't get a restful sleep and the time that we would have otherwise saved from traveling had been taken up by rude and ill-mannered people.

Through all these, all the best the hotel could do is offer us a late check out of 2 hours more.

PROS:
- Seven Corners, the restaurant at the 3rd floor never fails to delight us
- Location is excellent, it's just a couple of minutes away from my wife's hospital
- Internet is complimentary
- Club lounge is good
CONS:
- Despite paying for the room more than a month in advance, check-in was not smooth as the person who received us at the 19th floor was aloof and not accommodating
- Bell staff were inattentive, had to call for their attention several times to get a trolley for the baggage
- The parking attendant and guard were really rude

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank francis8112
JChua320, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Please be assured that this has been shared already with all relevant departments to take immediate actions on the matters you have raised.

Besides that, we also appreciateyour comments about Seven Corners and the Club Lounge.

We hope you will stay again with us to see the improvements in our services

Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed here for the New Year celebration and we had a good time with the family. The only downside is the bathroom that doesn't flush (really bad!) ... room 1418 ! And also the aircon is hot even if the temperature was set at 10 degrees. We were just 3 people inside the room. We've been going to this hotel for 3 years straight and the frontdesk (especially the girls) has been consistently UNFRIENDLY. I told my friends this and they said they encountered Crowne Plaza frontdesk to be rude and unfriendly. So this doesn't apply to just me. They also made a mistake in my reservations plus the woman that I made my reservation with is also rude over the phone ! It was a good thing that I was able to talk to someone named Andre in frontdesk who was helpful in fixing the problem. The restaurant 7 Corners was like a marketplace too ! There were a lot of people and seriously they have to redesign that place. The stations were all bunched together so the foot traffic is very high ! It was like going through an obstacle course just to get to your table ! And its not friendly to people who are in wheelchairs. You have to go through a maze of tables just to have the person seated. And its very very noisy. Like a Chinese restaurant ... you can hear waiters sorting through cutlery making so much noise ! You also have to be careful while bringing your food because you might hit the table nearby or someone else walking or even waiters carrying crates of utensils ! Seriously can't they have a backdoor for these kinds of stuff ??? Overall the stay was alright but it has so deteriorated over the years.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank anym_qc
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This place is conveniently located in a safe part of Manila. I stayed here with a business partner in Nov (13-20). We liked everything except the breakfast. If you can, get the made to order eggs vs. whatever is in the steamers.
Also of note is the convenient Avis car/driver service by the concierge desk. Much safer than the taxis.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wxman1995
Reviewed November 23, 2010

If you're visiting the Asian Development Bank the hotel is a good choice for a short stay. It's five minutes on foot to the ADB. The hotel is attached to the Galleria Mall with a wide choice of cheap and cheerful eating places. The room I had was a perfectly acceptable twin-bed with a good well-lit workspace and ethernet internet in the room rate. The staff are cheerful and helpful and the breakfast buffet is quite OK with a good choice of Western and Asian foods - the only downer is the usual awful breakfast muzak.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank earwig
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Crowne Plaza Galleria and will be staying there evrytime I visit the Philippines for Business. I was there for just on 7 days and found that I didn't have to go too far from the Hotel to get everything I needed. The Crowne Plaza is attached to the Holiday Inn so there are a quite a number of retaurants and bars that you can go to without leaving the Hotel. The Chinese restaurant in the hotel was magnificent. The Pan Fried Tiger Praws in Oyester Sauce are particularly tasty. On Each night in Bar One they have a different live band. On the night that I went down (Thursday) an 80's cover band was playing. Being of that age group I was happy to spend the evening listening to some music.
Getting a cab was never an issue (Except on the Tuesday night when it really pelted down raining). I stayed on the executive level and had full access to the Club Lounge that provided Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner and a Cocktail hour. The staff were so very friendly and bent over backwards to ensure that my stay was perfect. Within walking distance is Metrowalk, where I found a great bar 'Mugen', a must for those that want to D&D (Dance and Drink). Overall I would highly recommend the Crowne Plaza Hotel. A bit pricey but does the job.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#1 of 63 in Quezon City
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!