1,049 results
All reviews holiday inn corners restaurant ihg member ortigas area shopping mall the club lounge chinese restaurant business trip direct access breakfast buffet business district duty manager king bed higher floor executive suite housekeeping staff upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I felt so deprived by the restaurant staff. They were very disrespectful. As soon as I walk into the restaurant to eat breakfast they didn't even say hi or hello. This is my first time to stay at the crowne plaza but it wasnt exactly what I'd expected. They offered coffee to other guests but never for me so I asked another lady If I can have a coffee but she never came back.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Mark Joseph T
ManilaGalleria, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Mark Joseph T,

Thank you for your candid review. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations and was impeded by the service from our restaurant team. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best features:

1. Great location - the distance between the mall and the hotel is not big so it was just right for my mom who can't walk for so long to manage. For a family staycation, it's perfect to park once and then just choose among the restaurants in the mall or watch a movie umin the middle of the day.

2. Room size - I'm not sure if the one we got is extraordinarily big but from what I recall
when I first checked in this hotel when it was still Galleria Suites, the cuts were quite generous to fit the "suites" concept.

For improvement:

1. Pillows - they're not the same size anymore, they're old and they're not the standard 5 star hotel pillow
2. Blanket - the brown blanket they use inserted between the duvet cover is already scratchy and threadbare.
3. Bed - the mattress is definitely not what 5 star hotel use

I still remember how luxurious Manila Galleria Suites felt like when it first opened its doors. The furniture and carpet(color/type) filled the room just right. At that time (90s), there were only a few high end hotels in Manila and Galleria Suites was a favorite of my family to spend Christmas/New Year's at. This is my first time to come back after it became Crowne Plaza but I was quite disappointed. The structure and space remained the same so the room and bathroom size are the same (I love the spacious bathroom!). What happened to the bed, pillows and blankets?

When you renovated to its current setup, there's too much wasted space in the room. It's not cozy anymore plus the use of dark furniture, carpet etc didn't flatter the room setup too. It made the overall ambiance sad.

Light combination and plugs are not updated for the tech dependent guests.

FO and F&B staff were very pleasant. Room service was kind of strange. We ordered cuttleries and the delivered a bucket of ice. They can back to deliver what we asked. The next day, really early in the morning (before 8), doorbell - Tada! Someone delivering a set of cuttleries (when we originally requested 3). Imagine being roused from sleep for the wrong request anyway! So strange!

I'm this direct in my review because I am looking forward to a time when you decide to renovate and bring back the "suites" but cozy feeling of this property.

Location won't change, exterior won't change, structure layout won't change - they're all good anyway. You need to update your interior design, furniture and bedroom linens. I can already imagine how good the hotel can get!

Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Diwata1976,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay at our Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria.

We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of service and we're saddened to hear that your recent visit leaves much to be desired. I'm sorry to learn that the interior design, furniture and bedroom linens didn't match your expectations. It's concerning to know that the level of service in attending to your needs is not up to par. What you described is not the experienced we want you to remember us.

I shared your review with our local ownership. I'm confident that all you've pointed out will be discussed accordingly to ensure guest complete satisfaction.

We value the trust you've placed in us. We look forward to hosting your stay again and we'll do our greatest to make your next visit as seamless possible it can be!

All the best,

Jomar M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I never get tired of doing our Staycations at the Crown Plaza Hotel Manila. Everything is just the way we like it. The hotel is top rate and so are the staff. The rooms are well apportioned and very clean, and the bed and linens are soooo comfortable. Housekeeping with Angie Villarico at the helm as Manager and her staff is cleanliness and service bar none.

Restaurants are top rate with dinning at its finest. But that’s a separate review.

We have been customers of Crown Plaza for 7 years now and the quality just keeps on getting better.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ycpoe,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team is able to continuously provide a warm and memorable experience every time you stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our team and especially with Ms Angie. We hope you to be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2019 via mobile

The location of the hotel is good as it is next to the shopping mall. There is a linkway connect to the shopping mall from the hotel at the 3rd floor. They 2 have smoking points which is on the 3rd floor indoor, air-condition smoking room and outdoor smoking point at the 5th floor. Room didn’t come with breakfast but didn’t take either as staff offered 1,000 pesos just for breakfast. The room is big but very run down condition. TV don’t work in the other room. 3 phones in the room but 1 was tear off, 1 not connected upon check in. So only 1 working. The wardrobe have a smell. Iron board have a thick layer of dust that’s unclean.

Verdict: It is only good for the location.

Trip type: Traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Master_Sky,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for making us a part of your visit here in Manila. We're grateful that you chose chose the Crowne Plaza.

We're known in delivering guest satisfaction and serving travelers needs, Master_Sky, but I'm sorry that this didn't fully happen as expected. Though it made me smile that you felt the convenience of being next to a shopping mall, I read that the feeling wasn't mutual as soon as you walked in the room. I understand that ours looked dated compared to what you're used to and the phone connection and television has to be checked. I also regard your thoughts toward the wardrobe and the ironing board.

Trust that I have brought this up to our management's attention and be discussed to all concerned staff. We may not have been our best on this trip but I'm positive to end this with a 5-stars on your next stay. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Kind regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Gwen was a very professional server. The food was great as well. The room was well lit and had a great ambient atmosphere which made the dining experience one I wont be forgetting any time soon. overall a good experience.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear andre e,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team was able to provide a warm and comfortable experience. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. I will be sure to share your wonderful feedback with our team. We hope you will visit us again.