“5 star hotel! Super classy! Beautiful!”

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #7 of 64 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed March 24, 2009

THE BEST HOTEL IN MANILA!
great service!
super friendly and helpful staff!

PLEASE DO VISIT THIS PLACE I GUARANTEE YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE REMARKS!

super near the shopping areas. i love it!
the best food served.

mall access 3rd floor... very nice...
beauty salon... very cosmo!

just the best hotel out there!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank blahfromcalifornia

Reviewed March 16, 2009

The shower has mold and the air conditioner was not functioning properly. They did fix the problem.
Had dinner at one of their own restaurants called "Xin Tian Di" and had left over. The waitress was kind enough to put my left over in a microwavable container. Next day, I asked room service to reheat it since the rooms didn't have any microwave but was informed it was the hotel's policy not to reheat their own food. Went to the restaurant and got the same answer. The hotel does NOT guarantee their own food! I had to complain to the acting duty front desk manager to get the food warmed up. To add insult to injury, the manager wanted me to sign a waiver saying the hotel is not responsible if I get poisoned with their own food!
The hotel does not have it's own swimming pool nor does it have it's own fitness center. You have to use another hotel's (Holiday Inn) amenities such as these.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank MarkOfSanFrancisco
Reviewed February 11, 2009

My stay at this hotel was wonderful. The staff is incredibly accomodating, from check in to room service. I stayed on the Executive Floor and would highly recommend this to any business traveler. There is a private lounge where they greet you by name and small snacks and drinks are available all day. The service here rivaled any service I have received in the states, except at a 5 star hotel. Room was large and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank OklahomaSherri
Reviewed January 12, 2009

We stayed at the crowne plaza before our trip to boracay and it was amazing!! service was really good - could not fault it. The rooms were sooo big and staff helpful. Breakfast was fantastic - incredible array of foods to suite all needs, you can have continental breakfast, american style, english style and filipino one... you can even have dim sum for breakfast!! and as much as you wanted.

The hotel is off robinson's galleria which is great. I think you just need to take the lift to the 3rd floor/4th floor and walk about 5 mins and you are there. The hotel is also about 5 min/10 min taxi ride to mega mall. So it is a great location. Only thing is that it might be slightly noisy but to be honest this was not a real problem.

Definately booking this place for this year!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinayling81
Reviewed January 10, 2009

In our fabulous holiday in philippines, we stayed in 3 hotels: boracay regency, renaissance makati and crowne plaza. We want to get points on marriot club and priority club rewards so we booked on 2 hotels in manila. Thats why we cant help but to compare both services.

We stayed at Crowne plaza for 5 nights from Jan 1 - 6.

Good points: one the best rooms we stayed at. spacious, modern, complete with everything you need, accessible to transport and shops, friendly security staff (the concierge manager looks a bit snob and cold though), and SUPERB HOUSEKEEPING PEOPLE. they did amazing morning cleaning and even do turn over service (i hope thats the correct term they use when they clean again at night for upper room floors to prepare you for bedtime). the room we had on the 9th floor is way better than a five star hotel.

Bad points: we booked online for an advance purchase rate so when we checked in, we we're suprised they want to charged us for 2000 pesos extra per night. i said i have receipt from the website and then the front desk checked it and let us wait for about 30 minutes in the lobby. when they realized they're wrong, they told us that we have to pay for phone including local calls for 19 pesos per call and 120 pesos for mobile calls, pay for internet use, and cant access the club lounge coz were paying a bit lower than normal.

I smoke so i choose a smoking room and i just noticed that their exhaust is not working good. once you get off the lift in their smoking floor, it really stinks. i normally smoke in the toilet coz i dont want the whole room to stink. but 2 hours after, you could still smell it. unlike in renaissance, the exhaust is so good you cant notice someone smoke.

We sometimes buy drinks at the mall coz its very expensive in the hotel, but be reminded in crowne, you're only allowed to bring inside 8 bottles or cans of drinks. One time they stopped us and let us leave some of the cans in the concierge.

The parking lot is connected with different buildings and shopping centre so its a bit confusing.

In the front entrance they do good security check but i notice when you get in from the parking which is open for public, people can just walk in and out without checking your bags, so whats the point of being strict in the front when you can bring anything from the back.

The breakfast buffet is just ordinary, its better to get food in the mall.

What surprised us the most is the pool access. One day we have 2 kids as visitors and we found out that the hotel charge 300 pesos/adult and 250 pesos/kids for swimming pool use. I rang them and said we stayed at Holiday Inn overseas and Intercontinental Makati (both IChotel group like Crowne) and dont charge us for pool use! The duty manager said they will just waive the pool charges. But the point is, this is a hotel and not an aquatic centre! When we went to the pool, the door access is close. The staff said, you have to go to Holiday Inn (beside Crowne) and use their door access to the pool. Meaning this expensive swimming pool is shared by two hotels!

As a whole, most of their staff are polite, helpful and friendly. the hotel room are very pretty and big. again, they have the best housekeeping. But we we're not happy with the other services they gave us especially our check in experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sherelydf
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Choosing a good hotel in Manila is difficult, but made easier with a reputable chain and being a Holiday Inn Priority Club Member, we chose to 'push the boat out' and stay at a Crowne Plaza.

Imagine my surprise when we checked in and were sent straight to the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge on the 19th floor to check in there!!! We felt like VIPs and to the hotel, we were VIPs!!

Our room on the 19th floor was one specially reserved for Priority Club members and at 40 sq metres, it was huge!!! Everything you could possibly want was provided and service-wise, nothing was too much trouble.

Free internet use for all club members.

Our lunch was a buffet lunch on the 3rd floor restaurant and was excellent. That evening we decided to have a room service meal which was exceptionally good value for money and beautifully presented.

Our breakfast in the club lounge was self-service but in the quiet exclusivity of the lounge.

Check out was smooth, efficient and friendly, as was our transfer to the airport.

This hotel is our 'Must stay again List' for our next family visit to the Philippines.

So good, we just didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveJC
Reviewed January 3, 2009

I had planned our trip to Manila via my connections with the Travel business specifically in my capacity as a Customer Service specialist with Airmiles and British Airways. After many years as a single disabled dad, I had remarried miraculously to a wonderful Angel in Cyprus, Rowena(Wen for short) and I had promised to take her to visit her family in the Philippines for our first wedding anniversary especially as she had spent many years of sacrifice working away from her home country to provide financial help to them.

I chose the Crowne Plaza by reputation and having had contact with several of their hotels in UK and Europe via my career. I was also impressed by the positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

Before we travelled I emailed the Crowne Plaza, Manila several times to explain the importance and romance of our trip and with details of my disability/ill health problems.

I was overwhelmed and so amazed and impressed by the caring and kind attention and personal customer service and responses I always received. Plus on our arrival and during our stay right up to our departure all the staff were exceptionally caring, responsive and genuinely keen to help and to provide excellence of service and hospitality. We were treated like royalty all the time and our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and spacious with two televisions, mini bar and bath and shower and seperate toilet all in luxurious and relaxing decor.

Special mention must go to GUEST SERVICES OFFICER, MARIBEL BALUYUT. I have never met such a genuine, caring, warm, sincere and commited Customer Service Representative and I doubt that I ever will. She more than anything or anyone is the reason we will endeavour to book this hotel again and recommend it to as many people as possible. She is a real credit and invaluable asset to the Crowne Plaza brand. Nothing was too much trouble to her before or during our stay. She made us feel valued, special and almost like family. I would encourage anyone to book this hotel even just to say hello to Maribel!!!

We also received excellent help and attention from FRONT OFFICE MANAGER, ETI RUSMIATI, also before and on our arrival.

The whole experience was fantastic and the Reception Staff, Restaurant Staff and Cleaning/Domestic staff were all supreme and friendly and so helpful. Joel in the breakfast restaurant was so friendly and helpful as were all the Breakfast staff waiting on and behind the counters etc and we had a couple of great cleaners male and female but for now I have lost their names(Sorry) We stayed on the 8th Floor between 13th november 2008 and 24th November 2008, Mr & Mrs Ritson, so I hope they can be identified and know how much we appreciated them.

The location and facilities were great and as my wife spent a few days travelling back and forward to her family home as well as some days accompanied by me, it was really handy for me to be able to visit the excellent Robinson's Shopping mall directly via the corridors of the hotel. All the security staff manning the Hotel/Mall access areas were always so friendly, polite and patient. Excellent.

Whilst the flights drained me and the volume of and erraticness of the traffic in Manila was a big culture shock to me, I would encourage anyone to visit this friendly and vast capital city and especially to stay at the Crowne Plaza Galleria. I would recommend a visit to the Mall of Asia area and promenade and also the walled Spanish area nearby(Intramuros???) All the shopping malls are well designed and a pleasure to visit. I would also recommend the Sea Life type attraction near to Rizol Park.

Generally wise, I was quite shocked at the large customs tax at airport departure from manila and also the excessive departure tax levied on my Filippino wife Wen, seperately on departure from Manila.

Whilst the people of Manila and especially the staff of the Crowne Plaza are a great advert and a positive attraction to encourage visitors and investors to the Philippines, I get the impression that the politicians and Authorities need to get advice about how to run and plan the tourist side of their beautiful capital city Manila. I am always available should they wish to avail themselves of my Customer Service & Travel Industry experience.

ANYWAY, WELL DONE EVERYONE AT CROWNE PLAZA GALLERIA, MANILA AND ESPECIALLY MARIBEL BALUYUT. YOU ARE ALL A GREAT TEAM AND A REAL ASSET AND CREDIT TO YOUR ORGANISATION AND THE CROWNE PLAZA BRAND.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
Luxent Hotel
Luxent Hotel
#6 of 64 in Quezon City

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!