“VIP Treatment and we didn't want to leave.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“VIP Treatment and we didn't want to leave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

Choosing a good hotel in Manila is difficult, but made easier with a reputable chain and being a Holiday Inn Priority Club Member, we chose to 'push the boat out' and stay at a Crowne Plaza.

Imagine my surprise when we checked in and were sent straight to the Crowne Plaza Club Lounge on the 19th floor to check in there!!! We felt like VIPs and to the hotel, we were VIPs!!

Our room on the 19th floor was one specially reserved for Priority Club members and at 40 sq metres, it was huge!!! Everything you could possibly want was provided and service-wise, nothing was too much trouble.

Free internet use for all club members.

Our lunch was a buffet lunch on the 3rd floor restaurant and was excellent. That evening we decided to have a room service meal which was exceptionally good value for money and beautifully presented.

Our breakfast in the club lounge was self-service but in the quiet exclusivity of the lounge.

Check out was smooth, efficient and friendly, as was our transfer to the airport.

This hotel is our 'Must stay again List' for our next family visit to the Philippines.

So good, we just didn't want to leave!!!

• Liked — The importance of being a Priority Club Member
  • Disliked — Manila!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaveJC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cuchillo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2009

I had planned our trip to Manila via my connections with the Travel business specifically in my capacity as a Customer Service specialist with Airmiles and British Airways. After many years as a single disabled dad, I had remarried miraculously to a wonderful Angel in Cyprus, Rowena(Wen for short) and I had promised to take her to visit her family in the Philippines for our first wedding anniversary especially as she had spent many years of sacrifice working away from her home country to provide financial help to them.

I chose the Crowne Plaza by reputation and having had contact with several of their hotels in UK and Europe via my career. I was also impressed by the positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

Before we travelled I emailed the Crowne Plaza, Manila several times to explain the importance and romance of our trip and with details of my disability/ill health problems.

I was overwhelmed and so amazed and impressed by the caring and kind attention and personal customer service and responses I always received. Plus on our arrival and during our stay right up to our departure all the staff were exceptionally caring, responsive and genuinely keen to help and to provide excellence of service and hospitality. We were treated like royalty all the time and our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable and spacious with two televisions, mini bar and bath and shower and seperate toilet all in luxurious and relaxing decor.

Special mention must go to GUEST SERVICES OFFICER, MARIBEL BALUYUT. I have never met such a genuine, caring, warm, sincere and commited Customer Service Representative and I doubt that I ever will. She more than anything or anyone is the reason we will endeavour to book this hotel again and recommend it to as many people as possible. She is a real credit and invaluable asset to the Crowne Plaza brand. Nothing was too much trouble to her before or during our stay. She made us feel valued, special and almost like family. I would encourage anyone to book this hotel even just to say hello to Maribel!!!

We also received excellent help and attention from FRONT OFFICE MANAGER, ETI RUSMIATI, also before and on our arrival.

The whole experience was fantastic and the Reception Staff, Restaurant Staff and Cleaning/Domestic staff were all supreme and friendly and so helpful. Joel in the breakfast restaurant was so friendly and helpful as were all the Breakfast staff waiting on and behind the counters etc and we had a couple of great cleaners male and female but for now I have lost their names(Sorry) We stayed on the 8th Floor between 13th november 2008 and 24th November 2008, Mr & Mrs Ritson, so I hope they can be identified and know how much we appreciated them.

The location and facilities were great and as my wife spent a few days travelling back and forward to her family home as well as some days accompanied by me, it was really handy for me to be able to visit the excellent Robinson's Shopping mall directly via the corridors of the hotel. All the security staff manning the Hotel/Mall access areas were always so friendly, polite and patient. Excellent.

Whilst the flights drained me and the volume of and erraticness of the traffic in Manila was a big culture shock to me, I would encourage anyone to visit this friendly and vast capital city and especially to stay at the Crowne Plaza Galleria. I would recommend a visit to the Mall of Asia area and promenade and also the walled Spanish area nearby(Intramuros???) All the shopping malls are well designed and a pleasure to visit. I would also recommend the Sea Life type attraction near to Rizol Park.

Generally wise, I was quite shocked at the large customs tax at airport departure from manila and also the excessive departure tax levied on my Filippino wife Wen, seperately on departure from Manila.

Whilst the people of Manila and especially the staff of the Crowne Plaza are a great advert and a positive attraction to encourage visitors and investors to the Philippines, I get the impression that the politicians and Authorities need to get advice about how to run and plan the tourist side of their beautiful capital city Manila. I am always available should they wish to avail themselves of my Customer Service & Travel Industry experience.

ANYWAY, WELL DONE EVERYONE AT CROWNE PLAZA GALLERIA, MANILA AND ESPECIALLY MARIBEL BALUYUT. YOU ARE ALL A GREAT TEAM AND A REAL ASSET AND CREDIT TO YOUR ORGANISATION AND THE CROWNE PLAZA BRAND.

• Liked — The Genuine & Sincere & Friendly Staff & Service & Location
  • Disliked — Abandoned Eyesore Building Opposite
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cuchillo
UAE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2008

I agree with all the previous reviews that this is a really good quality international hotel and possibly one of the better choices if you are staying in Manila and don't need to be in Makati.

My only (minor) negative comment is that I found the pillows to be particularly heavy and uncomfortable, to the extent that it affected the quality of my sleep.

• Liked — Big clean modern bedroom and bathroom
  • Disliked — Uncomfortable pillows
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Camel1
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2008

(This review was written by my wife.)

My husband and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Galleria at Ortigas Centre in Metro Manila on December 9 and 10 for our pseudo-honeymoon.

The hotel was fully booked at that time due to the Philippine Council of Surgeons' event. When we were checking in, we were made to choose between a twin room and an accessible room without a bathtub. We chose the latter since we preferred having a king-size bed over a bathtub.

The room was spacious and the door to the bathroom was wide enough to fit not only a wheelchair, but two wheelchairs. The bathroom was spacious as well and had steel railings at the shower and toilet areas.

Unfortunately, we only had a view of the roof of the adjacent building but it didn't matter as much as the room's cleanliness. Fortunately, the room was spotless, didn't have weird odors and everything was in order.

On our first day, we ordered bentos from for lunch. The food arrived in about 30 minutes, was warm and plated nicely. I already forgot what we ate but I remember the food being really, really salty! The dessert was good though. We went out then we came back in the evening, the room has been cleaned and the bed was made, which was nice.

The following morning we enjoyed a buffet breakfast at Corners. The choices were overwhelming but we managed to try everything. There were traditional Filipino fare (garlic rice, crispy dried fish, longganisa and taho), Chinese food (dumplings, congee), Japanese (maki for breakfast, anyone?) Western treats and pastries. They served coffee, tea, soy milk and fruit juices as well. We were kinda expecting the food to be salty but were relieved that everything tasted the way it should. I like the breakfast food more in Corners than in Circles in Shangri-La Makati but a tiny, tiny bit less than breakfast food at the Hilton Cebu.

After breakfast we walked to the pool area. The Crowne Plaza shares their pool with Holiday Inn so we're surprised that it's so small and not very inviting. It's like an oversized kids pool! But if you're in Ortigas, you wouldn't want to swim anyway. Shop, that's what you do. We chose the hotel for its proximity to several malls, including Robinson's Galleria (which was connected to the hotel), SM Megamall and The Podium (where The Spa is located). It was also close to Eastwood City, where my sister-in-law and her family were staying. If the traffic were not so bad, travel time from Eastwood to Galleria might only be 30 minutes max.

The service was good. Everyone we encountered were polite and had smiles on their faces. They even spoke in English even if we spoke to them in Tagalog!

Overall, the Crowne Plaza Galleria was a good choice and we might just stay there again if we're in Manila and need to be in Ortigas.

• Liked — Service, breakfast food, cleanliness, location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank xxtoyxx
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2008

My husband and I used this hotel as our "home" base while travelling to other parts of the Philippines. In total, we checked in/out 4 times in 3 weeks. Each time we returned, we were thrilled to be back in the comfort and care of the best hotel staff imagineable. Not only are the accomodations amazing but the food is teriffic and the easy access can't be beat. The hotel connects to a mall that has everthing you could possibly ask for (drug store, grocery store, book store, shopping, movie theaters, restaurant, etc..) while we were there, we would joke that we could just "live" at the hotel b/c it was so convenient. The staff was super-helpful, kind and even helped us secure some emergency medical care in a pinch. I can't say enough about what a great experience we had at the Crowne Plaza.
Monica Ralston - 2008

• Liked — Ammenities
  • Disliked — 30 minute commute to the airport
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank monicaralston
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2008

If you read my other review about staying at the City Garden Hotel in Makati, this place was heaven in comparison. Our room was so much bigger and more comfortable, the bathroom was twice as big, they had a very nice pool, and we didn't have to take a cab to get out of our room and do something. And I think we only paid maybe $20-40 more per night than City Garden to stay here, even cheaper if you belong to their hotel chain's discount club, so it is definitely worth it.

This hotel is connected to its sister propery, the Holiday Inn and both have a couple of good restaurants, bar/lounge areas, a coffee stand, and are also connected to the Robinson's mall for anything else you could possibly need or want. Their free breakfast buffet is superb, offers a wide variety of delicious dishes and didn't run out of food. Their service was excellent all around.

I really wish we'd have gotten out of Makati sooner and stayed here. The location is so much more low-key, seems safer and much more family-oriented, and in general, is just more comfortable. I felt I could relax here, as opposed to being cooped up at City Garden.

• Liked — Huge and comfortable rooms, no-hassle access to all kinds of shopping, dining and entertainment
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Traye
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

Hotel staffs: Friendly and great service

Rooms: Nice, adequate size, clean, big desk cum dressing table, good tea and coffee facilities, big bright washroom

Breakfast : Very good compared to other countries 4 or 5 stars hotels that i have stayed. Wide spread of variety.

Chinese restaurant : Not so good experience once as the staff did not advise us on the portion. We ordered 1 plate of noodle and 1 plate of fried rice that can be eaten by four and there were only 2 of us.

Location: Next to a mall which has lots of eateries, shopping, Robinson Mall etc. However, this mall cannot be compared to Mega Mall which is a 15 mins walk away. This mall closes early at 9pm.

• Liked — Clean and bright
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
#2 of 63 in Quezon City
B Hotel Quezon City
B Hotel Quezon City
#1 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!