“Average city hotel, nothing more”

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Singapore, Singapore
“Average city hotel, nothing more”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Located next to a shopping mall in the busy city, it is convenient choice for business travellers if you do not wish to venture far for meals. Traffic can get pretty congested around the hotel, taking a good few minutes just to inch towards the drop-off point from a street away. Hotel interior and rooms are inviting with a new feel and modern decor.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria your preferred hotel during your recent stay in Manila.

We appreciate your positive feedback. I am glad to know that your appreciate the hotel's location and its direct mall access.

We hope to welcome you again soon

Yours sincerely,

Felipe Gotor
Executive Assistant Manager
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed November 4, 2013

PROS:

Excellent staff, specially the check in counter, the concierge and the guest services.

spacious and clean room.

ample breakfast selection

CONS:

the hotel is beside a major thoroughfare, expect traffic jams beside the hotel.

the pool and fitness center is shared with holiday inn, the pool is too small and the fitness center is being managed by a third party, letting more non-guests to access the gym, leaving no machines for guests.

Room Tip: pick a room facing the village.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Sunkissedguy,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I would also like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the pool and the fitness center have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed in the hotel upon arriving for my vacation. I stayed for 2 nights and overall I am still a satisfied IHG member. I booked on-line and the booking was great, upon arriving at the hotel there was a problem with the booking. According to the front desk my booking doesn’t include breakfast but the site says that breakfast is free when I booked but immediately the guy fixed this issue gave me and my wife free breakfast with the room. As always since I am not yet an elite member of IHG part of my concern is free Wi-Fi connection, this is a concern for me because even though there’s a free internet connection in the room it is a “wired” connection though and since I moved over to using a tablet I no longer or the best way to put it, unable to use the “wired” connection. So to my surprise and relief, the guy in the front desk gave me free Wi-Fi access. I do hope this is a change in IHG policies instead of just being a Crowne Plaza amenity. The room was great, quite comfortable and spacious for a De Luxe room. The breakfast was okay though there were a lot of choices, it kind of lacks something (but I can’t quite grasp it). One problem I experienced is valet parking. You have to get your car 20-30 minutes in advance because it really takes a while for them to get your car. Overall, I enjoyed my stay in the hotel and will definitely go back again soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty, at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria we give importance to our IHG Rewards Club Members. We ensure that they are recognized and rewarded for their loyalty.

We are delighted of your positive feedback and even more glad knowing that you will definitely coming back.

Me and my team are looking forward to your return.

Felipe Gotor
Executive Assistant Manager
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The room was spacious and had good desk space for work, but the decoration is outdated, with dark and dull colors which give the room a dirty appearance. The bed was uncomfortable, but it seems that stone-hard mattresses are the norm in a number of Asian countries. I selected the hotel for its location, but given the traffic pattern in the area it turned out to be less convenient than anticipated. It was an extra plus that the hotel is connected to the Robinson shopping mall. The restaurant was a pleasant surprise with first rate service and really good food. Front desk service was also very good. The spa is shared with Holiday Inn, and was a disappointment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Gaviota,

I would like to thank you for letting us serve you better by giving us these comments. This will be included in our Senior Management planning for the coming year. At the same time, let me also take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude for recognizing our good food and service. We are also happy that you liked our facilities and connection to the mall.

We deeply appreciate your feedback Mr. Gaviota and hope to see you soon.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Excellent location next to mall wher you can eat cheaply at good prices Good friendly staff (Bar One especially Jowee, Rohanne and Alex ) Couple of problems were i bought all my own products from the supermarket and put in the fridge but were still charged daily for my own goods even though explaining this to desk staff daily. I also pre booked for 4 nights but went i went to rebook i was given two different prices which varied greatly but after much discussion was given a good rate for another 3 nights. On the whole this is a very good,clean and friendly place to stay and i will return in December hoping these minor problems are sorted out but yes it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bazzerk99
Dear Valued Guest,

We greatly appreciate your wonderful words for Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, particularly our BarOne team. This has been shared to them and they are flattered with your words. I have also reviewed our procedures in minibar charges to avoid this from happening again.

Me and my team thank you once more for considering Crowne Plaza as a good place to stay.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Whenever there was a symposium to our work field, they used to held them at Crowne Plaza Hotel. I like the hotel very accessible to transportation. The main lobby is huge and clean...The staffs are very accommodating and willing to serve. The ballroom can divided into 2 using the walls...The aircon functioned very well, the lightening of the rooms are good and bright, the rooms are well maintained and neat...There are also cafe and restaurants...
The hotel have a extension to Robinson's Mall which very accessible to the guest to stroll, dine and shop...I like the hotel structure cause it has a huge rooms, high ceilings,well maintain toilets, and carpets are always clean...

i recommend the place to my family and friends. I love to stay there whenever we have a bussiness/ seminar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IamNette
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Trip Advisor.

At Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, we make sure that our meeting facilities help you to be more productive. We also want our guests to get more from their trip beyond work with our relaxing guest room experience, dining choices, location and direct access to the mall. Hopefully on your next visit you may also want to try our spa treatments, fully equipped gym or outdoor swimming pool.

Your recommendation is valuable to us and it gives us tremendous joy that our hard work is appreciated.

We are looking forward to serve you again. We wish you well.
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Superb service at the very well appointed Crown Plaza. You walk in to a very nice lobby area and up a ramp to get to check in. Check in is courteous and fast and then you take another very long escalator to some elevators to your room. Rooms are VERY large and spacious (I had a suite) and beds/lighting/cleanliness are all first rate. I really liked the living room area complete with Sofa and secondary TV (a rarity amongst hotels in these places) and the reading lights and lamps of the room. Floor to Ceiling wrap around views of Wack Wack and Ortigas Ave (if that says anything). Layout of the room is unique too. Tried the bar which happens to host some really cool events and promotions.

This hotel, and not many people realize somehow, but its attached to Rob Mall next door! So you can walk fully indoors from your room to the mall. Podium, Metro Walk and Mega Mall are all within Walking distance. ADB and Equity Tower just downstairs.

This is your best best for rooms in this intersection of quite an interesting street. Be warned the Taxis may not be as they seem. Some may be unscrupulous. Always check the brand/company before hopping in. Ask the guard or three if you have doubts. (somehow I feel this does something to reassure me)
Price was just right for the room

Room Tip: Watch out for the Taksi's and if you can, spring for a suite, you will not be dissapointed
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SonicSpringBok
Felipe_Gotor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, October 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comment in Trip Advisor

We are pleased knowing that you had a pleasurable stay with us. At Crowne Plaza, we work hard to provide exemplary service and comment such as these warm our hearts, inspiring us to work harder.

The hotel’s location is advantage to our guests as it is centrally located in the vibrant business district of Ortigas. Another plus is that it is connected to Robinsons Mall and walking distance with other malls in the area. If I may suggest, maybe next time you might want to try to visit Greenhills Shopping Center, one of the country’s biggest bargain center which is just 10 minutes away from the hotel.

Looking forward to be of service to you again
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
Marco Polo Ortigas Manila
Red Planet Timog
Red Planet Timog
#4 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!