I would say that versus expectations (and the price paid) I had hoped for a higher standard. Perhaps I was unlucky with my room as the priority club rooms might offer a better level. However, I thought my room was showing its age - things like an old deep back tube television that didn't really have a good picture quality to signs of fatigue in the bathroom/main room area. I was also on the street side, and it seemed that the outside street level noise was not well reduced in the room.
On the positives, as a business traveler, it does seems to occupy a convenient location. However, with the spread of business areas (Ortigas, Makati etc.) in Manila, it's tough to be in a central location if you have to be in multiple spots. The restaurant did have a good breakfast spread, which I paid for including it in my room rate.
Outside of that though, it just wasn't really a great experience. I find the daily Wifi charge pretty high (25 USD) - with more places offering wifi as part of the guest experience I think this is steep. I also ate the first night in the hotel restaurant, and keeping things simple had a pizza. I was disappointed that the staff, despite many of them, seemed to pay little attention to the diners. The delivered margarita pizza had four leaves of basil, and it took a good five minutes to catch the attention of anyone who I could ask for a bit more. It's minor, but it just doesn't leave a good impression on the dining side of the experience. I didn't eat any other meals (apart from the breakfast) at the hotel.
With the room being ok at best (see above), there isn't much that makes me want to return to this property. There are options in Manila, and since you are likely to have to move around anyways to different business areas, I would rather try other properties that are likely to give a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria soars into the sky above the bustling Ortigas. Step into the opulent, light-wood Lobby and staff will take care of your luggage. You can head straight to your stylish room, with high-speed Internet, or check emails with wireless Internet in the Lobby's Agenda cafe. You can ask the Crowne Meetings Director to tailor our 15 meeting rooms, all with wireless Internet, to your needs. Host receptions for 1,500 people in our sumptuous Grand Ballroom or invite colleagues to a boardroom. A staffed Business Centre is at hand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria Hotel Quezon City
- Crowne Plaza Quezon City
- Galleria Manila Crowne Plaza