“I loved their breakfast buffet. Nice place to stay for short business trip without breaking your budget.”

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

A standard hotel which has a very good location since it is adjacent to robinsons galleria mall and it's in the heart of ortigas cbd. I would recommend their breakfast buffet. This hotel is good for short business trips.

• Stayed: October 2012
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank Ehna our buffet restaurant has been awarded numerous times by trip advisor.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

First off this hotel is located off Ortigas which is a SUPER busy road. Despite the heavy amount of traffic, you can't hear what's going on in the street (thank God). Breakfast isn't included in the hotel rate and is pretty expensive. It's located right next to a shopping center, and if you need a Starbucks fix it's about a block away. We were upgraded upon check-in and stayed in room 1213. The room was really spacious, but I do agree with a previous reviewer that the rooms do need some updating. The only complaint I would have about the hotel is the whole lobby smells like sewage. The smell is ridiculously putrid. This is something hotel management definitely needs to work on.

A bit of advice for the tourists that come from countries that don't tip: Remember good tips get you excellent service!! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank xtinasf
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hi Xtinasf

Thank you for the great review! we hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We were housed here during a contest that I joined. The rooms are great. Excellent service. The receptionist even gave me an extra card because I lost mine somewhere. :)

The breakfast served is also very delicious.

Room Tip: Choose the room where you can view the sunset. :)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

thank you for the wonderful review! we hope you visit us soon, exciting changes happening in our hotel! :)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

First of all my stay was for two nights as a priorityclub pointbreaks redemption.
Upon arrival check in formalitities were dealt with in a swift,courteous and professional manner and I was allocated a room on the 12 th floor.
The room looked tired, old tv , old furnishings indeed most of the room including carpet and wallpaper had seen better days, a refurb is long overdue.
Nevertheless free fruit, chocolates and a fresh coconut drink were nice complimentary touches.
The swimming pool is shared with the Holiday Inn, very small, very few sunbeds, it was so uninviting that I resisted the temptation to take a swim
Given that my pointbreaks redemption did not include breakfast, I paid 2100PHP per night to upgrade to club access.
The Club Lounge is situated on the 19th Floor, modest in size but manned by a very efficient and friendly staff.
Breakfast was a generous buffet both continental and hot items such as bacon and sausages, eggs are made to order.
Afternoon tea included a variety of sandwiches an pastries.
Evening cocktails were complimented by a good selection of quality food items, in my opinion better than those offered at the Intercontinental Club Lounge.
All in all an enjoyable stay, if you factor in the Club Lounge.........I look forward to returning soon

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and upgrade to a Club Room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank dromedaan
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hi Dromedan

we will have a renovation soon! please visit us again!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Me and my family walked in on the 30th of December 2012 for a night stay. I was blown away by their first class service specially by the Front Desk lady manager on duty that time and the front desk cashier who dealt with the check-in process (both of them deserved a big pay raise/promotion i would say). First impression said a lot. Needless to stay, when we came back to Manila a day later, there was no question that this was going to be the hotel for us. We stayed for another 6 days. Same outstanding service from Front desk, room service, housekeeping, security, etc..., they all impressed me.

The rooms were not bad at all, they are quite new. I loved the bathroom and the beds. I will definitely stay in this hotel next time I come home for a vacation.

To the Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria staff, thank you for a very pleasant stay. I am hoping to see you again soon.

- Majorette, Matthew and George

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jetmatt

Hi Jetmatt

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay can we ask for your email address so we can send you the latest promotions?

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My stays with this hotel has always been pleasant... I love their breakfast buffet, their rooms and their service... Convenient location as well. :) All necessities are right within your reach. Robinson Galleria Mall just below the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lanyah

Hi Lanyah!

thank you for review! Hope you had time for shopping!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed there one weekend back in November 2009, with my girlfriend and my two kids. I booked a deluxe room (which was rather pricey already), but since I wanted to have a nice quiet weekend, I went on.

It looked nice, the furnishings were new, and it was very clean. However, half an hour after the initial joy of seeing our nice room and taking in the view, we noticed that the airconditioning was not working. We reported it to the concierge, and they sent a technician to check. An hour into our stay, one of the Managers goes up and approaches me, apologizing and saying that we had to switch rooms. This ticked me off, but since I had the kids with me, I kept calm, followed his lead, and moved two floors up. I am now very thankful that I kept quiet. We walked into a suite. A really big, sprawling, brand-spanking new, kick-@$$ suite. It had a walk-in closet, big beds, a nice divan, and enough space to hold a cocktail party for 15 people. Plus, it was a corner room, so the view was magnificent. And, since I was inconvenienced, I did not have to pay a cent extra for the upgrade (even if it was two levels up in room class). Truth be told, for the same price of that suite, you would only get a regular room at the Peninsula - this makes it definitely a bang-for-buck proposition if you were looking for suites.

The following morning was spent at the pool, (which would have been better had it been temp-controlled), and had a really great time. John Gokongwei (who owns the mall beside, and the buildings of the Crowne and the Holiday Inn) was doing his laps, watched by his private nurse, and a very stern-looking bodyguard, but they paid us no heed even though my son was jumping around like a mad gorilla.

As mentioned, it is pricey. But if you have the money to burn, and want a nice hotel room to chill out in, this hotel will not disappoint.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Fabregas

thank you for the great review we hope you come and visit us soon again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#1 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!