I had a two night stay at this 20 year old hotel. For tourists, it is in a worse location than either Makati or Manila Bay (Malate or Ermita) but it is close to a lot of Filipino call or business process outsourcing centres for businessmen.
Checkin was fast.
There are only three lifts for floors 5 to 19 (there is no floor 13) inclusive. At times, with at least 100 Pakistanis staying for an infectious diseases conference, this was inadequate.
My room was of a reasonable size and generally well maintained, although I had to call housekeeping to get a leaking toilet cistern fixed.
Lighting in the bedroom was excellent with three downlights over the two double beds. Often this is not the case in such hotels.
While it did not keep me awake, traffic noise was noticeable from the 12th floor but strangely not from the 3rd floor Seven Corners hotel restaurant.
The room had a very clean bath and adequate shower, but the lack of a 'rainshower' showerhead was disappointing.
The old CRT television had about 80 cable TV channels but desparately requires replacing with a modern plasma television set.
Double glazing is also required but doubtless expensive.
The buffet breakfast was reasonable but lacked the finer touches such as shakes that are seen for instance at Mandarin Oriental. The restaurant had a worn, rundown look with the staffs' insistence on keeping most curtains closed at breakfast contributing to a 'dull' look. The parquetry was worn, for instance.
The hotel pool was clean and the attendant pleasant.
The hotel's saving grace is that it is seamlessly connected to the partly recently renovated Robinsons Galleria Mall, an excellent shopping centre. That's why I've given the hotel 4/5 not 3/5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria soars into the sky above the bustling Ortigas. Step into the opulent, light-wood Lobby and staff will take care of your luggage. You can head straight to your stylish room, with high-speed Internet, or check emails with wireless Internet in the Lobby's Agenda cafe. You can ask the Crowne Meetings Director to tailor our 15 meeting rooms, all with wireless Internet, to your needs. Host receptions for 1,500 people in our sumptuous Grand Ballroom or invite colleagues to a boardroom. A staffed Business Centre is at hand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, IHG and Booking.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria Hotel Quezon City
- Crowne Plaza Quezon City
- Galleria Manila Crowne Plaza