Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria
$68
$66
$57
$46
Broadway Court Apartelle(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$30
Trip.com
$54
$43
Agoda.com
Soleste Suites(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$60
$49
Hotels.com
Red Planet Quezon Timog(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$31
$26
$57
$48
Agoda.com
Broadway Court Apartelle(Quezon City)(Great Value!)
$24
Agoda.com
All reviewsholiday inncorners restaurantthe club loungeihg memberortigas areashopping mallchinese restaurantdirect accessbusiness tripdepartment storebreakfast buffetduty managercorner roomspacious roombusiness hotelbusiness districtking bed
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was on a tight schedule for meetings and was debating which hotel to choose. In the end, I decided on Crown because (a) it is a business hotel and so (b) would offer the necessary supporting services of a business hotel. And for the most part, I was not disappointed.

The hotel contracts with Avis to offer transfers. That means that in a pinch, transport can be arranged.

The rooms are large. My major complaint about the room was that I faced a junction and this being the Philippines, the siren comes from America--loud and in your face/ears. The floor-to-ceiling window must be single-glaze as I could hear the wail.

The bathroom has with separate tub and shower areas. My shower stall was not well constructed though as the lowest point was not the drainhole. Bathroom amenities are good and the bedroom slippers were comfortable. A slight complaint is that the shower head leaks and so water pressure was on the weak side.

The Internet is not free and also not consistent. Perhaps it was because of the persistent rain. It kept going off and on.

The gym and spa are shared with the Holiday Inn, which is physically connected. The gym is not so well equipped as one might expect but I had no trouble getting a machine to use.

Breakfast is fine although I wonder about the consistency. I stayed two nights and there was soya bean milk one morning but not the following. Fruits were hard.

The Chinese restaurant, Xin Tian Di, is good. I ordered a one-dish chicken rice that came in a bento box. It was somewhat oilier than I would have liked but it was tasty.

As for the mall, it is like any other modern mall. The saving grace was that there was a sale and I got a van Heusen tie for P399 or US$9.50.

It was raining very heavily as I was checking out. The concierge, a lady, checked and said, "Oh good, your flight is not cancelled." I thought, ok, that's some concern and empathy.

If I were on a holiday, I would probably stay at the adjoining Holiday Inn. It looks a bit older because of the expanse of wood used but the room size looks the same. I can use all the restaurants in Crown. But if I were back on business, I would definitely consider this first.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Panguin
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi Panguin

How are you? We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! We would love it you would conduct more meetings in our Hotel.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times and is always given a nice welcome by the corteous staff. This time, my flight was cancelled due to a thypoon and I choose this hotel to spend the night and checked in late at about 11PM and booked online at about 10PM. Late checkout at 2PM.

I was given a suite room which is an excellent upgrade.

in roon dining though is not really great and prices are high but this time I only spent what the airline has given plus the $25 given by the reception so no complaints.

The hotel location is great because it is beside a shopping mall.

Got a great help also from the Duty Manager.

Overall I am very happy staying at this hotel.

this is one of my favorite hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Aughust
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Hi Yumflyer!

Crowne Plaza Manila prides it self with great staffs just like the ones you met! Thank you for choosing our Hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had a great stay here at the Crown Plaza. It's attached to Robinson's Galleria Mall. The mall was huge and everything was there, supermarket, day spas, tons of stores.

Check in was slow, very slow. We are platinum club members and it was still VERY slow and asked us to fill out forms and asked us all these questions. And most of it was already in the system coz we booked on-line and we are platinum club members and everything should have been ready before we checked in and not turtle speed check in. The same with check out, it was also long. Not good when you're catching a flight and they were so many steps to check out. The good thing is that there was taxis waiting outside even at 5am and we didn't have to reserve a cab the night before. It took about twenty minutes to get to the airport but there was hardly any traffic at that time. They gave us a breakfast to go with breakfast sandwich and fruits since we were too early for breakfast.

The room was nice, they had two bathrobes and two slippers and two double beds with floor to ceiling windows. The bed was nice with clean white sheets. The bathroom was large with separate bathtub and shower with plush towels, soap, shampoo AND conditioner, lotion, etc. The toilet lid was broken though but not a huge deal. There was a stain on the carpet and the desk furniture looked tired but I was okay with it. Our room overlooked an abandoned building that some parts of it had been demolished. But if you look further there was a nice view of the city.

There club lounge was nice but we didn't use it that much except using their computers. Wifi in the room and public places were terrible and you have to ask for the userid and password otherwise it's P300 per hour. But don't bother coz it doesn't work anyway. It could be the country just has poor connection coz we even bought a globe sim card and purchased Internet data and it was still spotty.

The hotel was connected to Holiday Inn which would probably be less expensive and it would also connect to the mall.

I would definitely stay here again and its convenient location.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anoini2
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Hi Anoini2

Glad you enjoyed the mall! hope you can come back soon as the mall is running 70% discounts on selected shops!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel is adjacent to the Holiday Inn Galleria but we chose this hotel when they allowed us to check in early (10am). We booked the twin premiere and it was more spacious than we expected. The beds were firm but the pillows were quite lumpy, not too bad though. The bathroom was roomy, with a stand alone tub and a separate shower stall. I especially liked the toiletries provided. We've stayed in more expensive hotels which provided toiletries of lesser quality.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Fae at the front desk was always accommodating. After we got down from a cab, the guard checked the taxi if we had left anything behind. We didn't take the breakfast option, so I cannot comment on that now.

As previously mentioned, this hotel connects to a major mall, so everything is accessible. There are numerous restaurants, moviehouses, shopping stalls, even a chapel nearby.

One downside of our stay was the noise from the hallway. The walls seem to be quite thin as we could hear the conversations of the people hanging out in the hallway. It was just our luck that there was a bridal party preparing for a wedding across the hall. Another issue I have is the lack of free wifi in the room. I think that in this day and age, Internet access should come free with hotel rooms. If coffee shops can do it, I don't see why hotels can't.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gafrancomd

Hi gafrancomd

thank you for the comments! And yes we do have the biggest rooms in the area!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We bought a voucher for 2 night stay via a deal site on this hotel, so we decided to spend our early valentine's date with a "staycation" here. Well, the room is nicely furnished, our breakfast buffet was better than the other Ortigas-based hotels we stayed to, but the down low was there was no wifi available. Pool was shared with a nearby hotel, never got to use it as it was open air & it was windy that day. BUt the nice part is that it is near a mall so whatever you need is just a hop skip away.

Room Tip: I'd rather stay at Oakwood...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dins O
John Romelle S, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hi Sir

We are sorry you weren't able to enjoy your stay, rest assure that we will make the necessary adjustments to make your next stay better.