“Best Hotel in Manila”

Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Singapore
“Best Hotel in Manila”
Reviewed March 13, 2011

This is the hotel which I always stay everytime I go to Manila for leisure. This is the best hotel in terms of location and also the attitude of the staff. I will always stay in this hotel. The staff are very helpful specially the Asst Manager.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Daliasat
JChua320, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Dear guest

Thank you so much for the nice comments and for rating us as the Best Hotel in Manila. We will share your feedback immediately with our team as they are very proud on such comments. Hopefully we will see you soon again!

Frank
Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Since I had a previous reservation, I did not have a difficult time check-in. I just wasn't successful with my preference request. The rooms are great! very clean especially the bathroom. The neatest and cleanest so far in the many hotels I've been to. Dining room service was excellent. Some previous request somehow wasn't attended well
but quick to follow-up though. Hotel staff are courteus and friendly. Tight security. Buffet breakfast was mediocre. Nothing interesting. Breakfast room is not relaxing maybe be because of the old look interior and the theme of the design. Simple lobby nothing to rave about. Over-all experience is ok. Location in a mall complex so shopping is very accessible. over-all impression is good.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank jbfb09
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The location is just amazing - attached to the Robinsons mall through one of the floors. You don't need to step out.
There were quite a few options for breakfast and one of the best things I liked about the hotel was its spacious rooms and beds that were not over-soft - just the kind I like.
The thing I hated most was that even for such cost, Internet was not complimentary.
The staff behaviour was a bit condescending in my opinion. Thankfully, I didn't have to interact much with them.
Also, in spite of filling the form several times, I have not received the hotel group card yet.
So, barring a bit of unprofessionalism on their part, i would recommend the hotel for its room size and bed quality as well as its proximity to the mall with varied dining and shopping options.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank ExplorerObserver
Alabang
Reviewed February 17, 2011

This hotel used to be one of the most beautiful hotel in ortigas, but i was disappointed when i checked in yesterday..We stayed in the 8th floor. The room is spacious, unlike all the new hotels now. So if you are bringing your family this would a plus. Aside from this, everything is so so, the TV is still the old type, the bed lacks a comforter, the room looks gloomy and so bare,must be the lighting. The bathroom is okay, it has a clean bath tub and shower room, smells okay. There were no welcome fruits or whatsoever and no morning newspaper. I don't know with the company which sponsored our stay, maybe cost cutting...Thats a different story....The compliment breakfast was typical of a hotel breakfast, limited choices.Oh i forgot, another plus factor is its proximity to robinson galleria.However, still,. .I'm sorry but personally , i will choose other hotel in the vicinity. (discovery suites, linden suites, edsa shangri-la, even legend villa).

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DokGrey
JChua320, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, February 21, 2011
Dear guest

Thanks for your valuable comments. We are currently conducting a complete preventative maintenance of the rooms located on the 8th floor to improve our facilities.

On behalf of the team , we look forward to be of service to you in the future.

Frank
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed February 14, 2011

I was with my son, his nanny, and my aunt. So here's my review with the Hotel.

ROOM:

Similar to Mandarin Hotel. We've stayed in there De luxe Room. There's bar, cozy bed, standard tv. cabinet, complimentary condiments (tea/coffee/2 small mineral water). There's flat iron and safety box. Comfort room has bathtub, with partition on the shower area. I'm very particular with the cleanliness of the room esp of the CR, so far I have no complaints with this. Coz they did a great job.

FOOD:

Lots of variations. I soo loved and my company as well. Pastries wasn't really deliciouso but there pink salmon overshadows the "not so delictable". Overall, it was a nice experience.

LOCATION:

Strategically in the heart of Ortigas. Robinson's Galleria is just beside the hotel. Where we ate at CAJUN restaurant, a must try. I love there food, not so pricey and yet everything leaves a tingling sensation of satisfaction. Love there Jack Daniels, calamari and hashed brown potatoes.

CUSTOMER SERVICE:

Guard at the parking is very helpful and kind. CSR at the front desk should try to smile for this is the first thing there customer's noticed. Except for the name Ashley, she was very nice to guests. Guess, she loves what she's doing and that you can't fake it. I commend her for that. Other staffs that we meet at the lobby should try to greet there customers at least not only to there liking but to everyone.

Overall our pre-Valentines Day was a blast. We've enjoyed, and YES definitely coming back and recommended. :)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sw33ttraveller
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 11, 2011

Great food, great customer service, near the malls, easy access to transportations, and perfect place to unwind and have fun!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank AlwaysMissUnderstood
JChua320, Resident Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, February 13, 2011
Salamat for the great comment and please be assured that this is already shared with the entire team. Looking forward to welcoming you again!
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My wife who is a physician had an early morning event with her organization, so rather than go through Manila traffic we opted to stay at the Crowne Plaza. We had gotten a club deluxe room at the 19th floor and as we had been guests of this hotel in the past we thought we knew what to expect.

Our woes started around around 12 midnight, when we hear a really loud rush of water as if someone is running the tap until 2:30AM. The night manager informed us that the sound was coming from the AC and it was a known persistent problem, he had then set us up to sleep at a different room for the remainder of the night.
By morning, yet another grief came our way when the parking attendant and a guard held us for quite some time at no fault of ours. The guard rudely pointed out that the validated parking pass given by the 19th floor receptionist was written using a wrong colored ink. He was intentionally holding us at the gate despite my protests that my wife would be running late and I would settle the matter once I get back.

These incidents totally defeated the purpose of us staying with this hotel as we didn't get a restful sleep and the time that we would have otherwise saved from traveling had been taken up by rude and ill-mannered people.

Through all these, all the best the hotel could do is offer us a late check out of 2 hours more.

PROS:
- Seven Corners, the restaurant at the 3rd floor never fails to delight us
- Location is excellent, it's just a couple of minutes away from my wife's hospital
- Internet is complimentary
- Club lounge is good
CONS:
- Despite paying for the room more than a month in advance, check-in was not smooth as the person who received us at the 19th floor was aloof and not accommodating
- Bell staff were inattentive, had to call for their attention several times to get a trolley for the baggage
- The parking attendant and guard were really rude

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank francis8112
JChua320, Manager at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Please be assured that this has been shared already with all relevant departments to take immediate actions on the matters you have raised.

Besides that, we also appreciateyour comments about Seven Corners and the Club Lounge.

We hope you will stay again with us to see the improvements in our services
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quezon City
Luxent Hotel
Luxent Hotel
#6 of 63 in Quezon City
Discovery Suites Manila, Philippines

Been to Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!