“Dinner date”

Mandarin Sky
Ranked #109 of 1,939 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I dined with my partner on our anniversary last January 10 2014 and it was terrific! We ordered Seafood hotpot/shabu2 with Satay sauce, Polonchay and a fresh water red crabs. We also added Squid balls and Dragon balls filled with red crab roe. The waiter mistakenly put a bowl of live shrimps covered with a plate to add to the pot, so we have to tell the waiters that what we ordered is crab. It was funny because when the waiter mistakenly removed the cover of the bowl to check its contents, the shrimps jumped and me and my partner almost jumped out of our seats and the waiter's face got white and he obviously is reluctant to pick up the shrimps but he had to. Though it was somehow scary we figured out that they serve freshly catched seafood which is a plus for us since we love our food fresh. So the bowl of shrimp was replaced by the crab, which is so big and fresh too! We then boiled the crab along with satay sauce, veggy and the balls and to tell that it is good is an understatement, it is heavenly! The moment you bite on the dragon balls, the roe pops in your mouth, the nutty-spicy taste of satay hits your tounge, the earthy taste of polonchay compliments the sauce and the crab is so fresh that it gives off a sweet flavor, plus the crab fat is so big, it is enough for the two of us. To sum it up, the whole experience is perfect. Its just that other tables are quite noisy for several people are holding their parties and get-togethers here. I willdefinitely come back for more!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We enjoy dinning here. Food is great, servings are big and prices are acceptable. Quality and quantity all in one.
They've got functions room if you would like some privacy. You could also request for karaoke. The ground floor is mostly for the shabu shabu. Well, I haven't tried their shabu shabu yet, so no comment for that so far.

1  Thank ihui