“Nice rooms and good service”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis
Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed overnight with friends. The check-in and check-out were easy. The room we stayed was clean and spacious. The hotel staff were accommodating and assisted us with our needs. Internet connection was fast, and they have cable television. They offer free breakfast which is limited but good. Also, the hotel is located near the Eastwood mall. I would definitely go back to t

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geocbattad
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Thank you for making Microtel Acropolis your hotel of choice during your recent stay with friends. I'm glad that we lived up to your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back on your next visit.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed overnight here just to have a quick break from the outside world. It was a pleasant stay good enough to make us come back. The new Microtel hotel in Acropolis is such a convenient place to stay since it is near Eastwood where one can enjoy almost anything. The check-in/check-out process is such a breeze. The basic room is already spacious with 2 queen size beds, decent amenities and bath fixtures. It also includes a free wifi connection for me to be able to work.They also have a water dispenser and ice machine in the corridor. All the things we needed for our stay are conveniently available. The staff were also very friendly. The only down side perhaps would be the limited buffet breakfast. Although the food tastes good. We will definitely come back, if not in Acropolis, to other Microtel hotel.

Room Tip: rooms not facing the main road is best
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yan A

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review in TripAdvisor of your recent stay in Microtel Acropolis. I'm glad that we made a good enough impression to make you want to come back and make us your "new hideaway in the City". And if you ever find yourself either in Baguio, Batangas, Boracay, Cabanatuan, Cavite, Davao, Gen. Santos, Puerto Princesa, Tarlac, or Mall of Asia-Manila, I'm happy to report that there is a Microtel near you. Soon to open: Microtel Sta. Rosa and Microtel UP Technohub!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for Christmas. It is a micro hotel but the rooms are spacious unlike Summit Ridge Hotel's (Tagaytay) narrow rooms. The queen-sized beds can accommodate 2-3 persons. Customer service is nice, greetings always given by staff. Nice bathroom, no bathtub for deluxe room but since we always went out to Eastwood and Tiendesitas, it's no issue. Food by Tito Chef is delicious. I think they made improvements with this area as I've read in former reviews that food was salty but I no longer encountered that during my stay here. Limited selection only for breakfast buffet but it's fine for me. I like the American Burger I ate for dinner at Tito Chef's! Internet connection is slow when you try to upload data or pictures but connection's fine when you intend to update your Facebook status.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms fronting the highway and rooms from the 3rd to 4th floors for you to have a view...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ailuropaws
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

I'm glad to hear that you had a good stay in Microtel Acropolis last Christmas and that the changes we've made had a positive impact on your stay. We're constantly improving our facilities and services to give all our guests the great hotel experience they deserve and have come to expect from all Microtels in the Philippines. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a work trip. Room was clean, nice, and spacious. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Internet connection was extremely slow, really couldn't get much work done. Breakfast has limited selection, and they charge extra for tea, even though coffee was free. Many options for feed opposite the hotel (Eastwood community).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank RLmEC
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

We are glad you found your room clean, nice and spacious and the staff friendly and helpful. We have asked our Internet service provider to improve the signal in your room and advised the restaurant of your concerns. Feedback such as yours helps us in our effort to continuously improve our facilities and services and we do appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

The first thing that struck me is that the hotel is extremely clean. They are always mopping the floor, no carpets here, just tile. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are bright, good air conditioning (use the handheld remote). I dock them a circle for breakfast, it's just not very good. It's free, but you're not going to want to eat it every day. The Eastwood Mall and associated food courts are nearby, and you can go to one of several coffee shops, or the Pancake House.

You may need to ask for an extra blanket or combine blankets from the two beds if you get chilly. Also, there is no fitness room or pool here.

The wifi did work while I was here, keep in mind that if it goes down, it may not be their fault. I have notice spotty coverage in Quezon city and most of Manila. Even cell service (sometimes text messages do not go through). Careful walking around outside, it's extremely congested. But this place is very inexpensive. If you have to stay in Eastwood, this place is the cheap & clean way to go. If you want luxury, go to the Imperial Eastwood which is five minutes walk.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jhawks1510

Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent stay in our hotel here in TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you again on your next business trip.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at the Microtel Inn for 5 nights. On the first afternoon I found that the WIFI does not work. That remained unchanged during the entire stay. The only way to get on their wifi is to go down to the lobby and stand at the reception counter with your laptop, which I was forced to do on several occasions. They made some efforts, and a lot of excuses, but did not fix the problem during my stay. Although the rooms were spacious and the location convenient I would never ever book another stay in this place as I need the internet to do business. They have a prominent "FREE WIFI" sign on their front window...it is worth exactly what you pay for it. Next time I will choose the Richmonde which is in the Eastwood Mall about a block away from this place. Also, the breakfast buffet was very basic and most of the food tasteless. The beds are comfortable, but the pillows are too stiff and gave me a stiff neck. I found cockroaches in the shower and hair in the shower and sink that was not mine.People are friendly of course, but they emphasize apologies and not action. It is too bad because the location is great and nothing really wrong with the facility. In order to do email I had to go over to restaurants in the Eastwood Mall which have free wifi with very good connections.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and in the back; the hotel fronts a major street which is constantly jammed w...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank phenry999
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

I'm sorry to hear that you could not get a good wi-fi signal during your stay; majority of our guests have not had any problems. When a guest has difficulty connecting to the Internet, the staff are able to assist by adjusting the settings on their laptop or mobile device.
In any case, we are constantly upgrading our facilities and you would be pleased to know that by the start of 2014, our Internet Service Provider would be increasing our bandwidth to a faster and more robust level to meet the ever-increasing demand for faster and more reliable Internet access.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we hope we get the chance to welcome you again on your next trip to the Philippines.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had our R&R at the New Microtel Hotel in Acropolis. Location-wise, it was a treasure trove since it is along the strip of restaurants along Libis and just right across Eastwood City.
Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Staff were courteous enough to assist us during our stay. We were lucky to have been assigned to a room away from the road side so we slept soundly during the night. The room was spacious enough to fit four people. Kudos to the cleanliness of the room, the amenities it offered (We got the double room suite) as well as the provisions of water and ice station. I was also amazed that they also provided hand sanitizers near the elevators, which shows that cleanliness is a priority in this hotel.

Areas for Improvement:
>> Our card key was not able to activate the lights/electricity though, I had to go call up front desk and request for new one that works. I was told that they would be sending a new one up, but 15 minutes have already passed, and still no person to knock on our door and give our new card key. I had to go down and request for new one myself.
>> Breakfast buffet was okay though, nothing much to expect but I do hope that they would improve the items they serve as some of the dishes were either too salty or too bland.

All in all, the price I paid for was worth it and we will definitely go back for future R&R's.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank punkyx
AcropolisGM, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Acropolis, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for choosing Microtel Acropolis for your recent staycation in the City. We strive to provide all our guests with clean, comfortable, safe and secure value-for-money accommodations and we are glad that we managed to live up to expectations. We shall work on the areas for improvement you mentioned and hopefully we can welcome you again for your next R&R.