“Not So Hot” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buffet 101

Buffet 101
Ranked #1,203 of 1,761 Restaurants in Quezon City
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Marawi, Philippines
“Not So Hot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Maybe I was just amazed how plentiful food was. But honestly the taste was very mediocre. And the international cuisine tastes very Filipino still. I was expecting that they have that kind of selection and taste that can vary from the Filipino food that i used to. Something to quench your curiosity on how does a foreign food tastes like. But sadly all of their international cuisine are with Filipino touch. Though i like their service and atmosphere! Which compliments to your whole duration of your stay.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joseph Bernard A

Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
“Having a hard time to make a decision?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

There are two international cuisine style buffet fighting over whose the best in Metro Manila. So let's just cut to the chase... Go for Vikings. I have tried Vikings in SM Marikina then Buffet 101 in Robinsons Magnolia. The primer is always a step ahead in every corner. Food choices, beverage, cleanliness, quality and ambiance.

Don't get me wrong, Buffet 101 is alright. But they will always be second best in my book. So the next time you're having second-thoughts, go for Vikings.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Carlos Q
Manila, Philippines
“International? Enjoyed the Average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I probably enjoyed this restaurant not because I love the food but because I was soooooooo hungry. I waited for my co-workers for an hour, I didn't even had dinner the previous night nor breakfast! I wanna make "sulit" of it, I don't know. Haha. Quite bad at buffets. The first thing I ate was Japanese Shrimp Tempuraaaas! Yum yum. :) But not that yummy. Hahaha. Teriyaki Boy's Ebi Tempura is still better. Though Buffet 101's tempura is crunchy, it has a bland taste. They could have put some salt in it. Was craving for seafood but I was sooooo disappointed. FREAKING BLAND GRILLS. Salmon was something I was looking forward. Gad. Some food were really delicious. Desserts were average. But, WOULD STILL RECOMMEND THIS! :D

Chandeliers? Elegant. Though place was too crowded, I like the interiors though.

Burp! :P

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MissSoloBackpacker
Makati
“Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I first heard about buffet101 last year. I heard good stuffs since it first opened so I was so excited to try it.

We went to their Robinsons Magnolia branch. I was surprised when i found out the rate was almost the same as Vikings buffet. I knew that the rate was almost PhP1000 when it opened. Then I saw the buffet, nothing extra ordinary, such a disappointment. I was looking for prime beefs but couldn't find any. The spaghetti that I ordered for my son failed. He even said that te spaghetti from Jollibbee was way better. Limited options for the drinks, the dessert wasn't really that appealing. They didn't even have cream brulee or even just a simple leche flan.

Not worthy. I would rather go to Vikings or even Yakimix.

“Claustrophobic, Loud and Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

The first thing that caught my attention when i entered was how packed and crowded the place looked... It was extremely noisy and chaotic.
Although we had a reservation, we were made to wait for about 30 minutes before we got a table. which was on the terrace way off from the buffet.
The food was just average, there was a very wide choice but nothing that made me want to go back for a second helping. The buffet was not attended to well. the dishes were empty more than once and at times replaced with something new as they had run out of what was served earlier.
It was expensive as compared to many other better eating out options in Manila. A one time experience is enough if you absolutely must visit.

• Visited January 2014