“Open til 3am !” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe
Manila, Philippines
“Open til 3am !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This coffee shop has been in Morato for over 5 years now. Even with the other coffee shops and milk tea places springing out of nowhere, Baang Coffee remains at a standstill.

They are primarily a coffee shop with some pastries, but this visit of mine last Sunday, I treated myself to a T-bone steak at a promo price of P 120! Not bad for a steak. Ok, do not get excited, it is not a Melo’s level steak, but more of the affordable steak kind. Portion was enough for my appetite. What i did not like about it is that they serve it with rice, not mashed potato. Well, again, I am not at a steakhouse, so my expectations should not be set high.

I paired the steak with Raspberry Iced Tea which I find too sweet for my palate! They can do better next time on that.

For dessert, I had the cappuccino cake, which was just ok.

Well, I was there for a midnight snack. The place is open until 3am, which was favourable to me because most of the restos along the street close at 12mn.

Btw, wi-fi signal is good and not password protected. It gives me a reason to come back for late night meals.

• Visited February 2013