“Good only for 2 visits”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Quezon City, Philippines
“Good only for 2 visits”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Everything served in this restaurant is fried and breaded. All their katsu's are definitely good but im never a fan of eating a katsu every weekend. MSG is also used as expected since most authentic japanese restaurants use that seasoning. The lines used to be long but not now. I guess people got tired of eating breaded and deep fried stuff.

2 Thank Patrick294248

• Korean first
Manila
“try Hire Katsu Curry!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I had their Hire Katsu Curry, and it was great!! It was so yummy. I also liked the miso soup that comes with the set.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank katanisven
Manila, Philippines
“Oiishi Yabu!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

With delicious Japanese cuisines served in this restaurant, my mom (I still don't have my own money lol) don't even care how much we spend just to buy these foods. Why? precisely because they're terribly awesome and it keeps me coming back for more! I love the fact that it makes me so full because of it's chicken tenderness, unlimited japanese rice, unlimited miso soup, and unlimited shredded cabbage. The service is also a big factor, their food attendants in this branch (SM Southmall) is so assistive you don't even need to call for them for extra rice or anything. They will come to you every 5-10 minutes and asked if you need something. I'll surely go back to Yabu.

3 Thank LorraineVeraaa
Luzon, Philippines
“BEST PORK & CHICKEN KATSU”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My boss introduced me to Yabu Restaurant at SM Aura last week. Our dinner there was an experience because of the "rituals" involved in doing your own sauces and dips. Over-all, our dinner was a very good because immediately last weekend, I brought my family there. Knowing my kids' fave dishes, I knew they would love the "hire" pork katsu and chicken katsu. My husband did not love it so much as he finds the sauce/dip too salty...but we both enjoyed the cabbage dressing. Now I know why Yabu is a hit... service is excellent (always service with a smile), food is delicious (their katsu is perfect!) and the unlimited soup, rice and cabbage is so worth the price! They offer complimentary hot or cold house tea, too.

1 Thank Joy A
Manila, Philippines
“Everything's great except the long lines”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A lot of good points had been mentioned here like the unlimited rice, cabbage and miso soup. The Pork tonkatsu and Dory are good. I bet anything you order here would taste great. The only thing I don't like is the waiting time. I think waiting for a table for an hour or more should be a criminal offence (of course i'm exaggerating but you get my point specially when feeling famish).