“No coffee?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“No coffee?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I accompanied my daughters for the pizza making activity at Lombardi's andI was still full because we came from a buffet lunch. So while waiting and watching my daughters make pizza, I ordered capuccino. I got preoccuppied for a bit watching the activity but I noticed there was no one making my coffee. Activity ended and i didn't get my coffee.
Staff was nice and friendly and took care of the kids. Maybe the person I ordered from got preoccuppied with the kids. Next time, you can write it down.

Manila, Philippines
“Authentic?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

My friends and I had dinner at the Shangrila branch of Lombardi's. The place was well lit but the AC was warm. I suggest they turn the AC up because their brick oven emits heat into the dining area. The cushion on the couch area is also too soft so you end up having to sit up really straight to have your meal.

We had Affettato Misto and Mozzarella in Carrozza for antipasti. These were good. My only critique was that I had to spit out a large grain of rock salt. I assume this was used for seasoning the greens.

We had the Fettuccine Alla Carbonara, which was very disappointing. No cheese or egg flavor whatsoever. It just tasted like bland cream and oil. We had to put a lot of parmesan to make this edible. We also ordered fresh pasta with black truffle oil (I can't find the name of the dish online) but were told that they ran out of fresh pasta. We also didn't taste the truffle in the dish. It just tasted like a lot of toasted garlic. The only redeeming factor for these pasta dishes was that the pasta was cooked al dente.

For pizza, we had Alla Siciliana and Prosciutto E' Funghi. The Alla Siciliana lacked anchovies. I only tasted a very few hints. The Prosciutto E' Funghi came almost an hour late into our meal. I had to follow this up three times and almost cancelled it if I were not told that it was already cooking in the oven. The marinara sauce was the only thing remarkable about these pizzas. The crust was very thin and light but did not have the crunch you would expect from such a thin pizza.

I thought about ordering gelato but the flavors weren't properly labeled and the staff had to ask each other what flavors were which. I took it as a sign that they didn't care about their gelato and that I shouldn't either.

We spent almost 2500 for a meal that tempted our eyes but disappointed our taste buds.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Antipolo, Rizal, Philippines
“Authentic Italian to the Next Level!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My dad ordered Saltimbocca Alla Romana, a main course with Scalloppini Chicken, Prosciutto and Sage while mom had Pizza Aisalumi enriched with lavish tomato sauce, mozzarella with Italian Ham. As for my favorite niece, Spaghetti con Polpettine appeased her.
If you happen to like thin crust pizzas, then Lombardi’s is a great place!
They’re not that extravagant on toppings BUT the spices were perfectly harmonious and weighty.
The meat was finely mixed with spices that tested me and my mom’s inquisitiveness in cooking and food tasting.
The cuisines were very appetizing that dad even suggested us to come back at Lombardi’s on mom’s birthday.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
quezon city
“Quality has deteriorated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

After the fifth time, it could be the last. We came in sunday lunch and the most of the cooks and servers came after us, a lot of what we liked ordering were unavailable. Salad was soggy. Talk about being unprepared Sunday lunch. And you could hear the servers and cook argue. We should've walked out. Then you find out that they became part of a chain of restaurants. Where's the Italian chef who used to mingle with the customers? It was good while it lasted.... For less than 1 year....

• Visited August 2013
Makati City
“Lombardi's fails to impress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went to the Lombardi's in Shangri-la Edsa Mall for our Sunday lunch, had Quattro Fomaggi, Quattro Salumi, Spaghetti con Polpettine, Fettucine alla carbonara, Parmigiana de Malanzane and Minestrone soup.
Among what we ordered we would rate Quattro Formaggi and Fettucine alla Carbonara a 4 out of 5, Parmigiana de Malanzane 3 out five due to being served a little cold for our taste, the others are forgettable.
The price is a bit high for the value we got, the only redeeming factor is the scoops of gelato sampler free of charge.

• Visited May 2013