“Worth the stay!”
Review of Luxent Hotel

Luxent Hotel
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My friends and i stayed here last 20 dec 2013 for an overnight bonding. Our room was in 16f, where the view from our room is really nice. The room and toilet is very spacious and clean.
The infinity pool is really nice.
The staff are very accommodating and friendly.

We will definitely go back.

Room tip: make sure to inform the front desk that u want to stay in the high floor such as 15 or 16 floor for relaxing moment and nice view.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
LuxentHotel, General Manager at Luxent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Mr & Mrs Nappies,

We thank you so much for your wonderful feedback on the hotel and its services.

Looking forward to have you with us again soon.

MS Pagkalinawan

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed here for a night and was satisfied with the room that we got. The room is very clean, bed is comfortable and fresh towels and toiletries were provided. The breakfast spread at Garden Cafe is good -- pancakes, egg station, toast, fresh fruits, and rice with different viands were available. We also tried the ala carte food at the lobby cafe for lunch but they took a bit long to serve there. The lap pool is amazing and the hotel itself is clean and well maintained. The only flaw that I saw is that the key cards easily get demagnetized (specially when held near a mobile phone) which led us to frequent the guest lobby to have it reconfigured. The staff are very accommodating though so this is not much of a problem. We also tried the spa on the second floor, service is very good and the staff are also very courteous and professional.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed here for 6 nights on a recent work trip, and our partner here picked the hotel because it is close to their office.
I wasn't expecting too much, but was very pleasently surprised. The rooms are very nice, comfortable and quiet, and have everything you would need. The wifi is good.
The restaurant is quite nice, and really good variety on the menu, and almost everything I had was good. Didn't love one of the filipino dishes I tried, but I'm sure that was me, not that they did it poorly.

The added bonus is that they have a nice pool on the 6th floor roof, and a nice gym, and a great spa! This made my weekend there much more enjoyable. I would highly recommend a massage in the spa - such a good deal.

And all of the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly, and efficient.

Only downside is that half the hotel is still smoking. I was put in a smoking room for my first two nights, and they didn't have any non-smoking rooms available, so I dealt with it. I really didn't like the smell though. For my last 4 nights I had a non-smoking room, which was certainly better, but it still somehow smelled like smoke. I'm not sure if it is because people have smoked in the room before, or because it was coming through one of the air vents. Nothing to awful, but a bit annoying. If only they'd go smoke-free the place would be even better.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking room if you want that. All the rooms seem like they would be quiet, as they room...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stay there for a night. The front desk assistant are very nice and attentive. The room is cleaned with completed toiletries and the food... so tasty and delicious! In short... I'd love it! We will be back there for sure!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went to Manila recently for dental work, this hotel was recommended to me by the dentist that i was referred to.. I stayed here because of its proximity to the dentist.. Honestly, I was in awe at the standard of the hotel, it is only about 18 months old, I believe.. The staff are second to none i have ever dealt with, any dealings with "any" of them was just so friendly and nothing too difficult.. The buffet breakfast that was part of the deal, was amazing!! I am not a big eater, day one I asked for 2 eggs to be cooked sunny side up, once cooked, the chef placed them onto a plate and handed it to me.. I then went and placed my eggs onto pancakes and added maple syrup, yummy.. Day 2, buffet breakfast, i walked past the same chef, we smiled and said good morning.. I went to get a coffee and sat down, 5 minutes later, my breakfast, as i had it the previous morning, was delivered to my table.. I hadn't ordered it, the chef had watched me and had taken it upon himself to look after me, honestly, the staff at this hotel cannot be faulted.. Anything you order, is delivered so quickly it is unbelievable.. Cleanliness of room, perfect, bathroom was good size, everything required supplied !! Dinner buffets, honestly if i was a big eater, i would have started eating when the buffet opened, and eaten til it closed, the food was just wonderful and so, so many choices.. The pool is not huge but is beautiful, the gym is also.. As you can see, in my opinion, and i have stayed in hotels in Bali and Thailand, this hotel and staff i rate a 10/10.. When i return to Manila, i will definitely be staying there again.. Honestly, amazing, nothing was an issue, my every need/request was catered for without any fuss :o)

Room Tip: I had a room at the end of the passageway on the 15th floor, no noise.. I think any room at this ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Place is very clean. Nice lap pool. The only set back is they only have one threadmill in the gym.the only thing that we didnt like is the dinner buffet. At 799 net per person we expected something that would satisfy our taste. Dissapointed at the hard and cold lechon, salmon sahimi not good also, tasteless chicken , and almost everything what they had to serve. The only thing i enjoyed is their cheesecake slice. (sorry but were expecting good food atleast). So morning came and we tried the buffet breakfast and its the same. The only good thing is their cornedbeef, which they named beef in red wine sauce? Im not sure about the name but its just really cornedbeef with onions. Overall the staff was very friendly, accomodating. I know this hotel can do more with the food. I hope on my next stay they will improve and im sure to rate them fully when i get back. They are fairly new and ive known hotels that has improved overtime. Ill be back.

Room Tip: Ac blower only blows in one direction.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We came to this hotel for an official function of the United Nations that we held, and chose the hotel for being the most economical offer.

We liked very much the ambience and the interior of the hotel, and we were happy to hear that some of our colleagues thought that the venue was a nice discovery, being their first time there.

However, I was extremely disappointed with their very untrusting policy of requiring a credit card authorization to guarantee the payment of a corporate event. That practice is only done for room reservations charged to personal accounts, and never with corporate events. If they needed an advanced payment to confirm the reservation, which is usually the practice of hotels, then they should have informed us early enough, and indicated in the same in the contract, instead of asking us to give a credit card to guarantee the booking. Companies do not always have credit cards - private individuals do. The signed contract and our Letter of Guarrantee did not seem enough for them, and we almost did not have a venue for our event.

I am not sure how long has the company been in the hotel business, but the UN has been using mid-to high end hotels for decades now and we have not encountered any such requirement. And I could not understand that the credibility and trustworthiness of the United Nations did not seem enough for the hotel to trust that we will pay. I am therefore wondering if the hotel even knows what the UN is, or if someone thought we were just another private entity.

The strangest part is that we have colleagues here who have held events in your hotel but were not required the same as what was being asked from us this week.

Secondly, while we enjoyed the quality of the food, the contract indicated a different PM snack on the 2nd day, but what was in the contract was not served in the event. Instead, what we got was pasta that was obviously recycled from the left-over from our lunch, therefore making it very soggy and wet, and unpleasant to eat. This is unacceptable.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business