“Inconsistent”

Wooden Spoon
Ranked #20 of 1,810 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
manila
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I tasted wooden spoon in Katipunan and was satisfied. Having been a Nora Daza fan all my life. Our families literally have her recipe book as our bible, Sandy's cooking would be a sure hit. We loved it on our first try. But....But... so here's the but. ...when I craved for the daza magic touch in Rockwell...my dissappointment began. the food tasted nothing like the branch in Katipunan, the version was a poor copy.... yup, it was heart breaking since I carried my craving tongue kilometers away to a better venue hoping to be satisfied with that dip on the crab pancit....horror came. now, I 'll have to run back to q.c.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ManilaLpd

Hawaii
“Crowded for a good reason”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

table is hard to come by mainly because you get good food at reasonable prices. This is what I call comfort food with some twist. It deserves the hype; recommended

Quezon City, Philippines
“Small restaurant, good Filipino food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The restaurant is clean, but a bit cramped. There is additional space on the second floor, accessible via a narrow winding staircase.

The food is quite good and the servings are enough for 2-3 people. The two dishes plus rice that my wife and I ordered were more than enough for us.

The prices are not too expensive. We spent around PhP 250-300 per person for lunch. Given the quality of the food, the price is just right. I'm not sure, but I think they only accept cash payments.

The place is always full for lunch and dinner. Best to come early or after the peak dining hours. Parking is also limited and can be a problem at peak times.

2 Thank jmdaclan
Manila, Philippines
“the house of the best Filipino home cooked meal”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I tried dining in at wooden spoon sometime in April this year. I don't really want to ate at the fast food chains along katipunan and good thing I found this establishment. This is a good Filipino restaurant. I ordered the Adobo Flakes and it is really good. Just the perfect blend of soy and spices are incorporate in the chicken meat.

As for my dessert, I ordered their famous Reyna Blanca. This is a coconut custard with rice puffs toppings. I enjoyed eating this as the texture of the rice puff is the perfect blend for the creaminess of the coconut custard It's so yummy!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mhik30
“I WOOD definitely go back!!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My family and i went to Wooden Spoon in Katipunan for my hubby's post bday celeb! I had been longing to check their food coz of great reviews here in trip advisor, but only got the chance to try it today due to busy sched & katip's busy street. But nevertheless, i must say the long wait was truly worth it!! We love the crab pancit, wansoy shrimp & stuffed pechay! Chilli squid taste great too but the serving was too small for its price. Boneless chken was just ordinary but it has mashed potato & kernel corn which made the presntation looked yummy..Pandan crepe was ok & can be shared by 6 pax. My toddler liked the sago cake too. Moving on, kudos to the crew who were very accomodating & courteous. The place may be small & their spiral stairs may not be convenient for the elderly & kiddo clients, but these doesnt bother most of the people.. Most of them were willing to wait to be seated & served..Im excited to try other food in their menu without the hassle of spending too much!!! Overall, it was indeed a great experience!!!!

2 Thank Naruchey