“Food Fuss should Try this one”
Review of Wooden Spoon

Wooden Spoon
Ranked #18 of 1,838 Restaurants in Quezon City
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Food Fuss should Try this one”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've been living in Quezon City for over 2 months and this is the only place that I could rate as a good restaurant. Most restaurants don't have good food, but this one is different. Indeed small, people will hear what we're talking about since we are very close to each other, but if you want good food and privacy is not your concern, come here. Just remember to come early because it's always full it seems.

Been trying authentic Philippines cuisines and normally I'm disgusted (sorry), but not in Wooden Spoon. It simply gave me a good memory of Philippino's food. Seasoning is good, not 'fatty' like other restaurants I tried.

Marikina Heights,marikina city
“Big spoon please...”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

me and my family dined here thrice already and it never disappoints our taste palettes...a must try is their pancit crab...OMG...is all that I can say while eating this dish..they have alot of dishes to choose from..the restaurant is limited in space that's why during lunch and dinner they have a waiting list although they occupy 2floors..parking space is limited since its along the main road of katipunan..glad they have a parking attendant to assist you..will definitely be coming back here for more.. We've tried Kare Kare, Bicol express, wooden spoon crispy chicken, bistek Tagalog..

1 Thank Wifeychie
West Hollywood, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Filipino Food - taken up a notch”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The first time we went to Wooden Spoon was with our kids, they don't usually go for Filipino food but this time they enjoyed what we ordered especially the red and century egg salad and the chili squid, which tasted like a Thai dish. So the next time we went, my husband and I decided to bring a friend along. Our friend loved the food! We had the crispy dinuguan, which remained crispy the whole time we were eating. We especially loved the stuffed petchay, I had the sauce just by itself with rice and it was wow. We ate so much we finished everything amongst the 3 of us, we had the petchay, the dinuguan, Bicol express and the red and century egg salad. We didn't have room for dessert but we promised ourselves that next time we definitely have to have the Reyna Blanca and the Sago cake. The price, too, was reasonable. It cost us slightly over Php 1,000 for all the food plus 3 iced tea. Definitely a great lunch.....BTW, both times, we went at around 3pm, we were seated right away!!

“Small but Wonderful”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Its comfort food that's good tucked out of the usual neighborhood. But it is small for the crowd it caters to and parking is an absolute challenge. One wonders though if it would still hold the magic in another location because last we heard it was opening at Rockwell.

Quezon City, Philippines
“Not something to rave about.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

What we ordered - kare kare, stuffed pechay, sago cake and crepe. I will say outright that I am no food critic, but one thing I am sure is that I love Filipino food and having tasted the food from Wooden Spoon compels me to say that - it is not really something to rave about.

The stuffed pechay is a novel idea stuffing tinapa in pechay, but once you get over that excitement it becomes just a regular tinapa flavored food. The kare kare lack the flavor and even the ingredients (specially vegetables) to make it a real kare kare. The sago cake dessert again is a good idea but very sweet, as well as the crepe. One thing I can pride myself is that I love crepes and it is always in my must have when available in a restaurant, so I know more or less what a good crepe is.

The price in itself is more expensive compared to the size of the serving. The service was okay but had some problems with the bill when they forget to include our order of iced tea, when told about it they corrected the mistake but again committed another one by listing just one order, when we ordered two.

All in all, there are better Filipino themed restaurants within the are (UP Village and Tri Village area) that could offer better tasting Filipino food, and the price, better well worth of what you are getting.

• Visited June 2013