“Probably the best thai resto since Krua Thai”

8 Spices Thai Cuisine (Robinsons Galleria)
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Or maybe not...
The first time I tried to dine was understandably unsuccessful. The chef was rushed to the hospital so they had to turn down their last sets of diners. So i moved on to a different restaurant in Robinson's Galleria which turned out to be the best choice of the night.
Anyway, months after, i was finally able to dine with a friend. We ordered some pork with garlic stuff and a seafood in panang curry. 2 cups of white rice and tap water for two and that's it.
The pork thingy wasn't the best. The taste was quite similar to the Filipino icon dish adobo but cooked until it dries and garnished with fried garlic. I should have cooked my own version at home instead of driving my way to the mall on a perfectly rainy evening.
The mixed seafood in panang curry was way better than the pork stuff. It was a bit sweet which i try to avoid but nonetheless tangy and delicious. It wasn't the best curry i wanted but it was surprisingly new and fun to eat.
The service was more than okay. There were more staff than the diners at that time so most of them were free to attend to us.
Our bill summed up to PHP996 which was a little expensive than how i would value the experience.
Overall, if you have no other choice for a thai resto, then you could probably think of 8 Spices as the next thing. By the way, I wished they turned me down that time. I could have found yet another perfect resto for my hungry belly.

3  Thank NiceGuyJr