“Best overnight stay at the heart of Quezon City”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Kuala Selangor, Malaysia
“Best overnight stay at the heart of Quezon City”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We stayed here to attend a friend's wedding on Valentine's Day. Staff greeted us warmly and they are very friendly. They assisted us in carrying our bags even though we didn't ask to. And they always greet guests whenever they meet them. It's a very pleasant courtesy. When we got into the room, I was blown away how cozy and spacious the room is because the exterior or the establishment doesn't look that big. It's clean and the bed was perfect if you want to sleep and lie in after a day's hectic schedule. I love the bathroom especially the bath tub. It was divine. Breakfast is at the 6th floor at the pool area. It was okay though I would like to have a more wide selection of meals. Food was average. What pleased us is that we had to check out late due to hair and make-up and preparation for the wedding. They assisted us all the way. Serving us quick bites in our room as we are running late and they didn't even charge us extra even though we checked out late. The staff really went above and beyond in accommodating us and making sure that we are comfortable and we are not hassled. Especially one their staff, his name is Lance, I would commend him for the exemplary customer service he gave us. I will definitely book my next stay at this hotel. If you want excellent customer service and experience superb Filipino hospitality, stay here. The experience is more than your money's worth. :D

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank alexis1641

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
USA
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This place is right in the heart of Quezon City's hub for restaurants and nightlife - Timog/Tomas Morato district. Very safe area. The customer service is unmatched and their rooms are spacious.
Stayed here a couple of occasions. First was in a one-bedroom suite. The bathroom is extra spacious even for western standards. Turndown service is a plus. Check in and check out is a breeze. Brunch on the 6th floor is very nice. The breakfast Buffett is very good, nice western selections and local faves too.
Second stay was a double room. It was very spacious too.
Overall, the rooms are top notch, beds are very comfortable and the staff are amazing. Looking forward to another stay here someday.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank AandFMom
Queozn City
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

It is not hard to answer why I keep returning to this well designed hotel in a pleasant area of growing Quezon City.

The hotel's rooms offer the best value in Metro Manila, because they are quiet, have classy decor and appointments, attention to detail is superb - the towels are tied with twine, the bed is super comfortable, the linen a high thread content and the shower and bath both terrific.

I have now tried the on site spa. It offered a great foot and head massage with caring female staff.

The sixth floor breakfast has improved. There was homemade hoghurt, good omelettes cooked to order and excellent bacon.

Joe the doorman is a gem. All staff were friendly, especially Richard.

I wasn't surprIsed that on one night, this hotel was full. You can get from the airport in lighter traffic in under 50 minutes.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brazilpinay
Taguig City, Philippines
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I saw this hotel being promoted in one of groupon sites, but I was not able to avail of the deal. Fortunately when I called the hotel, they offered me the same discounted price being offered on the groupon website. So I booked for a deluxe room.

Upon entering the room, I was amazed that even just for a deluxe room there is bathtub. Most hotels with deluxe room does not have one. My then 2 yr old son was very delighted at the sight of the bathtub.

Their pool and restaurant was on the rooftop. The food was ok, tasteful but nothing extraordinary. Their pool is very small and I think it can get crowded during peak season. If their restaurant gets too crowded, its very accessible and easy to dine out as the location of the hotel is superb.

Overall, our experience with this hotel was very good. Everything was nice and clean and staff was very friendly and prompt.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SingleWorkingMom
Cerritos, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed in hotels in Europe (Rome), China, Hong Kong and throughout North America. Without exception, this quaint hotel has been a more comfortable, personable and finer place to stay than anywhere I've been.

Whether it is the desk staff, those handling the phones, the staff at the 6th floor restaurant (excellent omelettes in the morning, and great fish and chips and pasta carbonera at night, the staff has been wonderful, caring, sincere. Despite some minor health issues, which meant I couldn't get around as much as I wanted - these people made my stay a pleasure. Including the spa.

The rooms are kept spotless and comfortable, the staff energetic, Somehow they treated me like royalty, but yet as welcome family, all at once.

Room Tip: Rooms all seem seem to be spacious
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank pastorparker
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

2nd stay in 3/4 months. A home away from home for me. Most friendly yet professional staff feel as if your not alone if alone.
Immense week I've had.
As they say it's affordable luxury.
As I said on last review it's excellent value for money at the continuing promo rates.
Massages daily too and fairly priced for the security and environment.
I'll be back!
Oh and the location is very convenient. Everything was in Quezon City for me. Most can be walked to in a short stroll otherwise a short taxi ride.
4 star on sleep quality due to the slight noise of the late night bar/cafe my side of hotel though didn't bother me.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank asworldwidetraveller
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel and Quezon City is a fab corner of Manila to explore. The rooms are lovely and have great amenities. The hotel does good pool side type food and we were lucky enough to be there for new years eve for which they the a fab party around the pool. It was a brilliant evening and a safe spot to view the cities fireworks from!

The staff are fantastically friendly and are a credit to the hotel. Smiley and full of helpful advice. Unfortunately we didn't get to experience the spa as they had to close it the day we were there but the manager rang us personally to apologise.

The minor downside was the pool which needed cleaning whist we were there but I'm sure that was just the product of a busy Christmas season.

I have no hesitation in recommending cocoon boutique hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends