“Great place, good customer service”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Quezon City, Philippines
“Great place, good customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here last week for my birthday, it was my first time to try Cocoon Hotel. The room is spacious and has a relaxing ambiance, and more importantle i love the bathroom. The spa service in their Iris spa at the 2nd floor was superb, i really commend ate jean :) My mom and i also enjoyed their breakfast, yum! And most all, their staff are very courteous and efficient, very friendly and knows what customer service means, thumbs up to sir joseph. I will definitely go back here for my mom's bday in july, and recommend Cocoon Hotel to my friends as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Shasha Z

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Port Vila, Vanuatu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place is a real gem - the staff couldn't be friendlier, and the rooms couldn't be more comfortable and attractive. The hotel is well located and is walking distance to shops and restaurants, and of course, karaoke. If you're wanting to be in central Manila, traffic dictates that this is not the place to stay. But if your business or holiday takes you to quezon, this is a great choice. Hot tips - the spa is lovely, and the Italian restaurant downstairs is really good!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This boutique hotel is much cleaner than other hotels in the area. The staff is also very friendly and the service was good. We will definitely stay there again in the future. The breakfast was really good!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,269 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Kudos to Annie and her well drilled and friendly team at the hotel. From the moment I walked into the hotel we felt welcomed and staff remembered and addressed us by our first names. Made for a very personal feel. Check in was very swift and efficient.

We booked a deluxe room which was very well presented, modern and clean. Bathroom had full sized bath tub with double sinks. One for her and one for me ;-) No waiting for the sink. The bed and pillows were very comfortable which made for a great nights sleep.

The breakfast is a modified buffet. How this works is that you are presented with a menu. On one side you can order just 1 item and on the other side of the menu are the buffet items. I found breakfast quite good with some great items to choose from.You definitely wont leave hungry.

The pool is on the rooftop is quite small but we didnt really have any time to use the pool.

Location wise the hotel is in a side street so not on a main road. There are a few local bar/restaurants located across from the hotel. There are also lots of restaurant choices in the area or you can dine in at the hotel restaurant. I enjoyed Albas Spanish Restaurant which was about a 15 minute walk away.

We used the in-house massage service to avail of the complimentary foot massage and availed of a further 60 min Cocoon Signature Massage. The girls were very friendly and offered a great massage.

I must mention that on the first night we arrived my wife was not feeling very well. Staff went out of their way to help with extra blankets etc and the kitchen even brought down a complimentary Tinola Soup as she was not feeling like eating any solids.

All the staff were great so am reluctant to single anyone out but Joe in Concierge was very helpful and responded quickly to my email enquiries.

I can really recommend this hotel as a great option in Quezon City and it deserves to be No 1 in the area!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

Availed of a group buying site deal to spend Christmas eve here and one of the things I thought I should not forget to mention here is their staff. Everyone was very attentive and made us feel welcome all throughout.

Camped here for the holiday and could say we had a great stay. Despite their limited choices, had all our meals at their Abuela's café (their set menu is a steal!). Reasonably priced and no service charge.

Their breakfast, although not a full buffet, was actually very filling. We were almost full before we even get to our complimentary a la carte breakfast.

A few things though:
- we were at Room 303 and could hear the vehicles passing outside, thankfully there were only a few
- it is hard to control water flow (too much force) from the faucet, bidet, shower.
- the room is not as spacious as I hope it would be

Took a lot of photos specifically for this review so you can see for yourself.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jam_hour
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Quezon City??? Not a destination I would choose to "get away from it all", but If you stay here.....that's exactly what you will do. This hotel has high end western standards!!
Rooms are plush!! clean and well appointed. The bed was huge!! Like two queens combined!!
The bathroom was amazing, the shower in particular impressed me.
The wife & I partook in the complimentary foot scrub/massage which I will highly recommend.
The breakfasts on the rooftop were very good, with a nice selection of fruit,breads and either Western or Filipino style entree's.
There is a small pool on the rooftop too which is nice!!
Wifi in the room/hotel functioned nicely.
The staff was helpful and very friendly and the front desk clerk even booked a flight to Boracay for us!!
I'm sure we will be staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S
Antipolo City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

After reading initial reviews of the hotel, I was really eager to spend a weekend of relaxation on the first ever "Green" hotel in the Philippines. The hotel did not disappoint :)

Upon entrance, we were greeted with a baby grand piano, decorations that were ethnic in design and the smile of the ever helpful staff. Check-in was a breeze (even if there were some problems on my end with my reservations) and we were treated with welcome "Calamansi Juice" drinks which were very very delicious.

The room in itself was spacious enough, with enough leg space to move around (we asked for the double-bed combined configuration). The bathtub was very roomy and my wife loved the rain shower configuration as well.

At breakfast, we were treated with a simple buffet and an order of two eggs cooked the way we liked. After which we went swimming on the pool, which my baby son thoroughly enjoyed.

Pros:
1. First green hotel in the country
2. Very friendly and helpful staff
3. The bed and pillows were simply divine
4. Hotel ambiance gave you a sense of peace and relaxation

Cons:
1. Our room bathroom had a small plumbing issue with water leaking out of the shower area to the mirror floor.
2. The pool shower area had seen better days. Though I think simple maintenance would have suffice
3. The pool itself needs to be maintained as some small tiles area already loose

Overall:
The small nuisance of cons were not enough to dampen our mood. In fact we plan to return soom =)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Popcorn_Daddy