“Will definitely come back”

The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed there for 2 nights last April 2013 (after the Holy Week) with our 3 kids and niece. Booked the studio room which has a queen-sized bed and a sofa that turns into a double bed.
Overall, we had a great stay!
Since it was right after the Holy Week, there were only a few guests and our family had a great time swimming as we had the pool literally all to ourselves.
The rooms and facilities in the pictures do not lie.
It was clean, well-kept, the bed and sheets were the best, water pressure and temperature was excellent, bathroom was huge, more than enough space in the closet.
We stayed on a Wednesday and Thursday night, so we were not able to experience any of the club/bar noise that other reviewers have complained about.
Checking in was a breeze as well as the check out.
The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating, specially JOSEF, who always made sure that all our requests were attended to, and because I'm so OC I had a LOT of requests (additional bath robe and 3 more bath towels for the kids, shower curtain - the shower door was missing and they offered to move us to another room but I've already unpacked so I just asked them to install a shower curtain instead, ironing board, flat iron, more towels, additional bath mats, ice, yada, yada...i know, im shameless hehe!)
My daughter and my niece enjoyed the complimentary 15-minute foot soak and 15-minute massage at the Spa at the second floor. Later that night, my niece and I tried the Spa@Cocoon Signature Massage and their heated massage beds really made me doze off in the middle of the massage. The spa therapists and staff were friendly and they had an Easter promo running at the time so the massage price was very friendly as well. I also liked that their dry sauna was able to accommodate two people and was not claustrophobic.
Breakfast was good, but a few more buffet choices would be great. The ensaimada was awesome!!! Order their tapa!
But for me, what I loved most about this hotel is its smell.
Granted that when we checked-in they were having a bit of a problem with the airconditioning at the lobby, but once we stepped into the corridors of the 4th floor to our room, the temperature and the FRAGRANCE of an aromatic oil was so calming and refreshing, we could not help but say "Ohmygod ambango naman dito... (happy smile, eyes wide with glee)". ---- AND THAT HAPPENS EVERYTIME. =D
Will definitely be back with hubby next time and I've been bugging him to make it sooner! haha!

2  Thank despicablechie

Reviewed April 19, 2013

A step into nature without sacrificing the comfort of contemporary...our family had to come back for the second time to relive an enjoyable stay at the Cocoon. The first time we were here, we were taken aback by the warmth and congeniality of the staff. Everyone was so pleasantly serving us that we felt so special. This was our main reason for coming back.

The Deluxe Room and the Studio were we stayed were so clean that you can even smell the fresh scent the minute you walk in the room. From the duvet to the towels, every linen were 100% purely crisp and white. The bed was so temptingly comfy and the room temperature was just right to make you cozy. Everything in that room was comfort at it's best.

Breakfast at The deck was simple but great. The juiciest and the finest fruits along with overflowing fresh fruit juices abound. And of course, the lively and sweet smiles of the staff is such a welcome sight in the morning.

Cocoon Boutique Hotel is an epitome of warmth, hospitality and style...and we kept coming back...and back...and back...need I say more?

2  Thank Melinda A
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Cleanliness that surpasses even the five-star hotels in the area! The minute I walked in the Studio, I was welcomed by an invigorating fresh scent. Coming from an exhausting trip, that scent was very relaxing for me. Bed linens were spotlessly white. The bed was so comfy, it felt like I'm on top of the clouds being lulled to sleep. The room was so soundproof, shielding us from the hustle and bustle of the city night life.

We took the kids for a dip in the pool which was also very well maintained, complete with bubblers and under water colorful lights. They really enjoyed every minute of it.

A home away from home...made us feel royalty...because of the pleasant smiles and great service of the staff, from the front desk on the first floor to the pool and restaurant on the sixth floor. Everybody was so eager to serve us. As usual, Angel was there...she really is an angel...a friendly smile to greet our morning. Dixie and Josh served our breakfast just like home...from freshly brewed coffee to the main course, everything was served to perfection.

Cocoon Boutique Hotel made our stay so memorable especially for one of our kids who was celebrating her birthday. To our surprise, the staff, all the way from the chef to the crew, came singing and clapping the Birthday Song, and they presented her with a creme brulee cake. We were all so thrilled especially the celebrant. That was an extra mile that they did, just like family.

Evidently, the staff of Cocoon Boutique Hotel love what they're doing and it is apparent in the way they do their jobs with not just a smile, but a real glow from the heart.

1  Thank Janet A
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We were there last March 29-30(Holy week). It isn't our first time in that hotel. We enjoyed our last stay there that's why we decided to book a deluxe room for our staycation. The hotel was full and we we're so lucky that they upgraded our room to 2-bedroom junior suite. As expected, we had a great time. Thanks to their friendly staff. I enjoyed my breakfast. It was a complete meal. It is tuyo mixed with fried rice and vegetables with egg on the side. My 3-year old daughter enjoyed their not so big pool and their super comfy bed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank miswa_143
Reviewed April 14, 2013

A few years back, there weren't a lot of nice hotels in the Quezon City area. Cocoon was a breath of fresh air for those who wanted to stay close in QC and stay in a nice hotel.

Fast forward to 2013, I think that they haven't done a great job in the upkeep of the hotel. I saw molds and mildew at the bottom of the shower enclosure. Dust in between the wooden plank flooring. If you look at the corners of the room you can almost see the dust had settled with a grayish color.

They also wouldn't allow more than 3 people in the room, even if they're just there to visit. I don't see myself coming back here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sunnysan T
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with the love of my life last April 5-6, and from then on, I have never looked at hotels the same way :)

This hotel is so homey. From the time that I set foot to the place, I knew I am going to have a really wonderful time.

I chose the place based on the reviews from TripAdvisor. And these people who left their reviews are 100% right. I love the homey feel of the hotel, the bed and the quilt that were just toooooo soft, the airconditioning, the accent wall where the television was mounted, the bath tub where you can have a view of the tv (with speakers above), the shower (separated from the tub), the wood flooring, the lighting in the room, as in everything. It really satisfied the purpose of our visit which is to relax and just be away from our busy lives :)

They have restos at the ground floor - one serves Italian, the other is where u can have snacks and drinks. And yes, just beside the Italian resto is Serendipitea :)
U can also go up to their deck (where the pool is) and where the complimentary breakfast (which by the way was YUM) is served!

We also had a relaxing time at their spa where we had Ventosa massage. We got their private room (u only add 100pesos to the price of the massage) and the ladies who did the massage were superb!

My most favorite was the warmth and friendliness of the staff! U would always see smile on their faces. They also take care of their guests with sense of urgency. I had an issue booking a day before my arrival but this staff named Daph, found a way to have a room reserved for me :) and she really coordinated and made sure all my queries were answered.

I highly recommend this place for everybody to stay if you're planning a getaway to the city!

Everything about this hotel is just perfect! :)

Highly recommended :)

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank toysytoys
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I'm not really qualified to see whether a property is truly environmentally friendly or not (that's what The Cocoon wants to share about their hotel), but I do know enough to see how friendly, efficient and well-mannered this hotel's staff are. And the appointments are truly comfortable and luxurious in a no-guilt sort of way.

The only real complaint I can think of right now is that I could hear faint noises coming from the next room, most probably the bathroom judging by the sounds. But other than that, I had a very pleasant and relaxing stay at The Cocoon.

I'd like to say again that the staff that I came face-to-face with were not merely professional but genuinely helpful. A guest relations lady, Daph, went out of her way to make sure I had my airline web-check in done and my taxi ready after I'd checked out. Matthew the bellman was also a big help.

I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone who plans to stay in Quezon City.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business