“Authentic Filipino” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kanin Club
Ranked #6 of 1,761 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Authentic Filipino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

The dishes are varied representations of different regions. All of them, great tasting. Who could ask for anything more.

Visited June 2012

Quezon City, Philippines
“KANIN CLUB SERVES MICROWAVED FOOD! TERRIBLE!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was a big fan of Kanin Club (Technohub) where I make sure I go to everytime I'm on vacation here in the Philippines. Love their food until my last visit there yesterday I will NEVER EVER GO BACK there anymore. Their food was MICROWAVED and their staff basically admitted to it when I complained about my food being cold! I was there for lunch and they served me cold food. You just know when the food was just re-heated. They serve it to you half-warm & it's cold in not even 5 minutes! I noticed that when I ordered the Seafood Kare-Kare where one can't help but see how the mussels shrunk into its shell all dried up!
For Dessert we ordered Turon & Turon KC and was served cold again. Thats when it really got me so i called the server. She took the plate of Turon & said she's just gonna re-heat it since she said they cook their food in batches! Which means, its not freshly cooked! I asked how she's gonna re-heat it -- she told me straight to my face -- "ma'am MICROWAVE"! I SAID i'm sorry but I don't eat microwaved food. She still took it & gave it to one of the guys from the counter window to the kitchen. I was observing what they are going to do. They whispered to each other & saw 3-4 staff looked at me. One of the servers probably didn't notice that I was staring at them said -- "iinit mo nalang!". I then decided to cancel the order.
Its a SAD SAD STORY! When customers pay to go to a decent restaurant hoping to get freshly cooked food for their money they will be served nothing but re-heated microwaved food! THAT'S KANIN CLUB for us! I'm a balikbayan & I will NEVER EVER go back nor recommend any of our Balikbayans to dine there. There's plenty of Authentic Filipino Restaurants out there -- try Fely J's at Greenbelt 5 and you'll get your money's worth.

• Visited June 2012
6 Thank UNSATISFIED G
Manila, Philippines
“if you love rice ...go for this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

distinct and unique try once and you will not go wrong..

Visited October 2011
1 Thank myla2009
Quezon City, Philippines
“A hit with my balikbayan friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

When ever i have friends from abroad going home, i treat them to this resto. Their crispy dinuguan though a bit tough on one's teeth is always a hit. They also havethe best beef sinigang i have tasted. The ambiance adds to the charm of the place and the prices are not that bad either.

Visited April 2012
Manila
“Now, I know”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Now, I know why Kanin, Club is rated as the number one resto in Quezon City. The location is good, the staff is friendly, the food is excellent and the price is very reasonable. For restos of this standard in QC, one normally spends from P300 to P500 per head (depending of course on what you order). In Kanin, Club, you can spend as low as P250 per head and order a respectable meal, soda included.
Their crispy dinuguan is actually chitcharon in dinuguan but I would say that its really good. But try also their other viands, they are also good. Their bangus sinigang sa miso has this unique (but not so obvious) guava flavor. Their adobong kangkong is very good but cheap.
The place is almost always full of people during meal time.
Tip: In going there (at Techno Hub) particularly during the late afternoon or early evening using a car, be sure you know where to turn right. If you take the outer lane (bus lane) very early, MMDA traffic enforcers are gonna get you.

• Visited May 2012