“Lots of room for improvements for the whole hotel staff”

Oracle Hotel & Residences
Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I spend over 10days there and left disappointed. Great are the location near Ateneo University, lots of food shops nearby and I felt pretty safe. Hotel Management has lots to improve...
Room was dirty upon check in, lots of dust and hair from previous guest/ guests and Pillows had no pillow cover.
Bed linen at times dirty and broken. One time in my kids room i discovered disgusting dirty bed linen and when the night shift came with a replacement, it was dirty too.
If I find the same dirt for 4 days on my toilet room floor, cleaning is not done properly - someone need to check the work of the cleaners!
Cockroaches were regular guests in the toilet and under the fridge, even after pest control treatment.
First there was no bottled water or water cooker. Then I got both but never got the tea bag requested with a big notice at the water cooker. Does anyone care about their guests?
While the breakfast (ordered a day in advance) was mostly ok, I dont expect to be served spoiled and old watermelon like on my last day.
I was lucky i had a room with window, but be aware most rooms don't have windows or at least have fake windows looking into a water raiser tunnel. Who designs a hotel like that? It's not a family vacation hotel but I suggest to put at least night lights in rooms without daylight.

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are too small for a price of a regular hotel. We booked via agoda and paid a bit cheaper than orig hotel rate itself but compared to other newer hotels in Quezon City this is quite small for the same price. No free toiletries in the room and no free drinking water. No window in the bedroom. Although bed is comfortable for the price of 4k pesos this is very expensive.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Ogijebby
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Philippine culture can be matched with the US southern states when it comes to hospitality. Rather it be a 5 star hotel or middle income home, if you are a guest, they will treat you as such. I was there for 5 days and was at the Oracle only at night to sleep. Therefore I cannot fairly review the amenities.
The room was always immaculate when I returned. The hot complimentary breakfast (choice of 2) allowed me to start each day right.
The hotel sits directly across the street from Miriam and Ateno colleges among a nest of privately owned dorms that support the two campuses. Therefore, there are plenty of fast food outlets, to include international establishments along with a few fine dining locations. As far as the colleges go with assumed partying going on, NOT the case. Philippine culture has a very high value on education. Their students actually study vs achieving a p-a-r-t-y degree.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week in July and found it to be business hotel useful for stay for few days (1-2 days). There are no windows in the rooms. Experienced cockroaches under the bed linen. Found bathroom light was broken and no toilet paper provided just after checkin. However it was fixed immediately after compliant.
The breakfast has to be ordered one day in advance and its a mix of Asian and American ones. However no tea is available, only pineapple juice or black coffee. Wireless Internet is often misses its signal.
The hotel is conveniently located with food chains, groceries, money changers all around. The Japanese restaurant on the fifth floor is also very good.
Overall I rate this as a medium rated hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2013

As Oracle is along Katipunan, nothing beats it in terms of location. The general area has three large groceries stores (ShoppersVille, Save More, and Rustans), two 24 hour mini-marts (7-11 and MiniStop), and dozens and dozens of restaurants all along and behind the street.

Security is pretty good in the area as well, with most establishments touting armed guards. In addition, it's a student area so not much crime except for petty theft. Just be wary of the street children who get too close.

The room we had at Oracle was quite small: one double bed, one bar fridge (no mini bar), tv, closet, and small stool; the bathroom had a shower. No space to place a large suitcase without it getting in the way. And we got one of those rooms without a window which made the place rather stuffy. Okay for business trips to ADMU or UP or the general area, I suppose, but not for a relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window and make sure to ask for one with a bar fridge in it as well.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank encreverte
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at the Oracle Hotel & Residences for about 9 days with my girlfriend. I had booked a Superior room.

I booked the hotel-room on the Internet about 3 weeks before arrival. The pictures of the Superior rooms looked very nice on the Internet - but I have to say I was rather disappointed when I saw the room in real after arriving. No windows - just a "cold" room that "welcomes" you when you enter the room. The entry-room had a chair and a table. There is not much space for suitcases and stuff like that. The "bedroom" had a double bed "crushed" into the corner - so you can only enter the one half of the bed from the end of the bed.

Futhermore there is a very noisy aircon in the room - but it was positive that it had a remote control so you could control the AC from the bed.

I did not feel so comfortable in the room as there was only one chair and one table in the entry room and in the bedroom only the bed. All in all I found the room boring and cold. No pictures on the wall. Nothing.

The prices are reasonable (including breakfast) but I would not call it a bargain when I consider the standard of the room that we got. We paid PHP 418 pr. night (including breakfast)

What annoyed me also was the fact that I did not feel that the staff of the hotel was very organized.

When we arrived - at check in - we got a breakfast voucher from the receptionist for ONE DAY. And then each day when we wanted to have breakfast - we were asked by the staff why we did not have a voucher - as we needed this for breakfast. And each day we had to tell them that we only got ONE voucher when we checked in. But to be fair I have to say what we got our breakfast each day - free of charge. But it does not seem very organized the way they handled that. Also: You need the keycard for your room to activate the elevator. It took 2-3 days before they made it work - and until they made it work we had to get help from the staff each time we wanted to use the elevator.

Cleanliness of the rooms is OK. But there was one day where the rooms were not made - even though me and my girlfriend left the hotel room early and did not come back until fairly late.

The Hotel is located on the very "traficy" Katipunan Avenue. But you dont hear any noise from the streets inside the hotel, which is positive.

Furthermore I did not feel unsafe there - even when walking at night in the neighborhood of the hotel.

On the positive side I can also mention that there are many restaurant and dining places on Katipunan Avenue.

Within a 5 minutes walk you can reach: KFC, McDonalds, Jollibee, PizzaHut, Pan Cake House, Kenny Rogers, Shakeys Pizza, and a LOT of other restaurants - so that is really positive. Normally it is also quite easy to get a taxi in front of the hotel - if not in the rush hour.

Also there is a 7-Eleven very close to the hotel too.

All in all I can not give more than 3 dots for my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pete T
Reviewed May 21, 2012

The hotel is situated in a busy street in quezon city. I dont mind the location but the room i got was a good one! I am facing as far as i know the residences of loyola and the view was calm and the sunset is great. having been said this i find it very relaxing as my intent to stay is to review for my work because i need a peaceful place in the metropolis. Then i got one. breakfast is typical but the coffee is great. Had dinner date and the waiters and the food were exactly what i expected. good service. keep it up.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo