“Mediocre. Not nice for staycation but adequate for a good night's sleep.”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #15 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
“Mediocre. Not nice for staycation but adequate for a good night's sleep.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

For a fairly new hotel, this one isn't good. No sockets available (not even one for the hair dryer in the bathroom), tub doesn't smell clean, phone's messaging facility isn't working, swimming pool is small, check out is extremely slow.

If you're going here for a vacation, I don't recommend it. If you just need a place to stay and will be out most of the time, the place is adequate.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We made a reservation 6 mos. ago & when we checked-in, the front desk made us wait for 2 hrs before they gave us the room because they were not able to clean it yet. I complained that check-in time is supposed to be 2pm but they just say sorry and we didnt feel happy about it coz of the inconveniences. We felt that they just want big profit without corresponding good services.

The price of the room is costly and not worth it. Housekeeping service wasn't good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ssfrog

Travelers are raving about these Quezon City hotels

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend in November 2013 to coincide with an event we were having at the hotel. First of all, the location of this hotel is unbeatable. It's right within the Eastwood Mall with all the convenience a traveller can have: supermarket across the street, eating places galore and tons of things to entertain oneself within walking distance. Best of all, you feel secured since no public transportation goes inside this area except for Taxis and the presence of security in and around the vicinity. The hotel breakfast buffet was fantastic: wide selection, made to order dishes and clean and cozy ambience. As for the room, we were upgraded to a suite and that was an added perk! The suite was huge (dining table, living room, bedroom) and had a spectacular view.

Our event was very successful and the food and service was superb. I would surely go back to this hotel and recommend it to friends and family. I felt well rested and taken cared of while staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I live about 500 metres from this hotel and today I decided to check in because the paint fumes in my condo are too strong. I checked the pricing online so I knew what Agoda and their own website were offering. At 11:20pm, I walked into the hotel and spoke to Roda at the desk. I asked could I have a room with breakfast, at the rate I had seen online. I was told this was not possible. Roda later informed me this was a management decision of Crystal.

After a few chances for her to change her mind, I opened my laptop and booked the room via Agoda before asking to check in. The price they "could not match" was achieved with a whole lot of effort on my part and Agoda taking a cut of what could gone entirely to the hotel.

The thing I hate is that the hotel would gladly have had a vacant room, just to get a few extra pesos out of unsuspecting customers. It leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and a feeling that I was almost scammed.

What could have been a positive experience became an extremely negative one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Michael R
Wemyss Bay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for for 9 nights earlier this month. Located in a bustling shopping and entertainment area in the Quezon City area, therefore plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, but trying too hard to be like the US. A very secure area with a lot of guards placed around both the City Walk area and the shopping mall. The hotel itself has a good reception area with the rooms on the upper floors of the tower with the pool on the roof. Biggest problem was that musty smell you get with too much air conditioning making things feel damp to the touch. Only one power outlet available at the desk area, a bit restrictive for today's travelling business person with their several mobile devices. Too many ants crawling around the desk area for my liking, a problem that needs to be addressed. Breakfast was really good with a great choice available of local and international items. The beds were really comfortable. Overall a good place to stay if in the area for business or pleasure. However, some details need taken care of, particularly for the longer stay guest.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 837DavidD837
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed 2 nights from 18th Nov - 20th Nov 2013. The reason for staying this hotel was mainly requested by our business partner which this hotel is close to their factory location.

The room was not new, with some mildew smell. the carpet, the room condition and the furniture has some dusty and mouldy smell. I read some comment here and some visitors commented that there are ants in the room - Yes, I saw the black ants crawling in the bathroom. But the most terrible is after my shower and return back to bathroom for hand washing, there is a COCKROACH on the floor! and it climbling to toilet bowl and slowly to washing basin!

It is really acceptable and sorry that I am very particular on cleanliness. Therefore I have asked to change to another room.

Anyway, the concierge and front desk were helpful and they managed to change another room for me. Also, inviting me to inspect the room before moving in. Since I do not have other choice (this is the last room that available) so I accepted the new room. I noticed they sprayed some strong air freshener before my arrival to the room. However... After somewhile, you will still get back the same odour like the first room. Anyway, I have to bear with it, as long as I will not spot COCKROACH anymore. Although I know the fact that there might be tendency of all hotel rooms are already being infested.

Overall, I do not wish to come back for this hotel again if I have a choice. Not anymore.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank yijing326
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 weeks at the Hotel Richmonde:

Pros:

Location: the best possible location. Eastwood city has lots to see and do, malls, coffee and even a Johnny Rockets.

Staff: staff is friendly, although not crazy friendly like the Shangri-la.

Beds: great! Comfy beds and pillows mean good nights sleep.

Cons: rough around edges. Wallpaper peeling, halls smell musty, room smells musty. Moldy caulk around tub. (How hard is it to replace caulk?)

Internet: sketchy, and costs almost $12 a day.

Certainly the best place in eastwood.... But a little competition would help them raise the game.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
B Hotel Quezon City
B Hotel Quezon City
#2 of 63 in Quezon City

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!