“It used to be way better”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've been coming to Eastwood Richmonde for a few years now. I recently visited and had a few bad experiences.

First off, I stayed at the hotel by myself and twice they set me in a room that was connected to a second room. Both times the other occupants were SO NOISY that I could not get a good amount of sleep in. The first time, I didn't hear the noise until about 2 am and it was way too late to switch rooms. The second time was in the afternoon and it was much easier, but still a hassle. I can't imagine they don't get this complaint EVERY DAY. Seriously? Why people two different parties in rooms that are connected to each other by a locked door. You don't think they can hear what's going on in the second room?

I've also had really bad experience with the room service. When I'm in a hotel, I usually like to just relax when I'm in the room and room service is usually the option I go with instead of going to a restaurant, which are plentiful in the area. Room service took like an hour, and even then they forgot to give maple syrup for my pancakes. Really? I once asked for a bucket of ice since there was no ice machine on my floor and it took 1.5 hours to get it.

I don't think I'll be staying at the Richmonde during future visits. Such a shame because the location is prime and so convenient with where I usually frequent.

3  Thank christianmontoya

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel has a captive audience due to it close proximity to the Eastwood mall and large range of bpo offices.
The hotel has a wonderful reception but that where it stops. The front desk check in staff lack personality and a far from receptive.
I reserved a one bedroom suite and was given the room 3702. On entering the room I could not get past the horrid smell of damp, I started to unpack but couldn't stand the smell any further and called the front desk to ask for someone to come up to the room for a second opinion. Waited and waited and waited so called again and asked for the manager. Spoke to the manager who said he would come up. Fifteen minutes later I went back downstairs and spoke to "the manager" who came up and agreed the room smelt and offered me another room. Great. I could go on and on but in short. The rooms are average, look old, are dusty, smell, the air conditioning needs cleaning, the rooms are not serviced properly (bar fridge not restocked) daily, the wifi is a joke, doesn't connect or transfers slower than dial up if it works at all. Staff are useless, please don't expect your clothes back from the laundry the next day, you might get them in a few days if they can find them. The breakfast is average, i refused to have dinner there as the restaurants nearby are great. The spa in the associated mall doesn't take direct bookings from you, they refer you to the front desk who guess what have no idea? They tell you to see the spa - sir. The service and experience unfortunately was doubled up again on my latest visit - thinking it seriously couldn't be that bad again.?? I was wrong - all of the above plus this time they also forgot my wake up call. The price they charge for the room is very expensive considering the above. Given the choice the Manila peninsula is a 1000 times better at 140% the cost. Never again!

Room Tip: Best tip is to stay in makati or ortigas given the chance.
4  Thank Varnz
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel for 5 nights on business. I was working in one of the office buildings next door so the location was perfect. This hotel is connected to a very nice shopping centre with some brand shops and a cinema complex. Across the road there are many other shops and food places both western and philipino food. Most nights they have a live band close by either in the hotel or across the road about 3 minutes walk in Eastwood City. Lots of places to eat for all budgets and tastes very close by. The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. My room overlooked a river and one part of Manila, air con was very good and the bathroom had a bathtub and hairdryer etc. The breakfast is standard all you can eat. Only 2 issues 1) they charged me $50AUD for 5 days of wifi (why is this not free with my room?) and 2) The ladies at the front desk did not seem very friendly to me at any time. I couldnt figure out why that was- maybe they are being worked too hard but they seem very cold not the warm and friendly type I like to encounter at hotel front desks. Luckily I only had to speak with them once a day or so so it wasnt a big deal. One more thing we ordered a private car and driver to take us to The Forte for dinner - 20 min drive. The hotel staff got a quote of 800 pesos - approx $20AUD - seemed a bit much but we accepted, on the way back we got a cab off the street and they charged us 130 pesos - approx $3AUD - big difference!! - hotel might want to try and get better rates for guests.

2  Thank FionaMearon
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was in Manila for 7 days on business. This hotel was close to my office in Eastwood so it was very convenient. There are a number of restaurants and bars within very close walking distance, so there are plenty of choices for a social night out.

The rooms were pretty good, I was in a 1 BR Apt. Very comfortable beds, a TV in the bedroom and in the lounge. Spacious bathroom.

The buffet breakfast was good. Omelette station was good with a different range of hot foods each morning. A good selection of toast, yogurt, cereal and sweet cakes.

Downsides - The rooms seem to have dated quickly. A bit of a musky smell, like the room is a bit damp. Check out took forever. WiFi is 500 PHP per day (around $12 US). Aircon is either artic or warm.

2  Thank JandT-NTL
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Everything you need is within reach - supermarket, mall, restaurants, coffee shops, church, laundry place, etc. Very much delighted with the service. All staff are very polite and accommodating. Good buffet selections for breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gcrevt
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The location of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel is tops since it is inside Eastwood City where you can find restos, bars, shops, and movie houses so u need not go far. I was quite disappointed with the rooms though because since it is a fairly new hotel (2010), I expected a more modern feel. The room we got was a Superior Room. The elevators were kinda tricky since you need to insert a card to go up and down to your destination. I appreciated it for its security reasons despite the unusual elevators because our kids were in a 1-br suite on a different floor. Between the two Richmonde Hotels (Eastwood and Ortigas), I prefer Ortigas even though its location is not as convenient as the one at Eastwood.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank masusanatan
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Overall pleasantly surprised. We needed a place to stay in the area (we usually stay nearer the airport). The hotel is only a few years old but already shows age (construction of not too good quality I guess similar to the entire Eastwood development). It only covers the top 10 floors. We stayed (4 nights) in a corner suite on the 32nd floor. Reception and restaurant are excellent. Imprssed also with the excellent housekeeping responses to special requests and the efficient room service. Room itself is small but adequately equipped with decent bathroom and plenty water pressure. Shame of the split AC units (compressor is located hidden under a cover behind a window grille inside each room), making it fairly noisy when they come on.... Lifts are OK when there is nothing going on the second floor (lots of parties/weddings, something the hotel seems to specialize in), but expect a fairly long wait to get to the rooms on the top floors when the parties are in full swing. At such times there is a definite lack of adequate lift capacity.
Plenty of activities just outside as part of the Eastwood residences. Something going on almost every evening in the Plaza. Plenty of inexpensive restaurants/bars. Eastwood seems to cater to the lower middle class local. Lots of the condo buildings seem largely empty (units might be sold but not occupied on a permanent basis), so a lot of day visitors descending on Eastwood shopping area. Surprisingly difficult to get Taxi... hotel staff has to literally move on the road in front and wave a taxi down which are not plying this road in abundance due absence of hotel tourists (this hotel is the only one in the entire development. Overall, we had a pleasant stay, the hotel definitely merits its star rating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family