“Close to office (Topy Industrial Bldg)”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed on several occassions as the office is close by. The most recent was in August 2012. A very good hotel with plenty of eateries & shopping places nearby. Almost always with customers due to many back offices in surrounding area. Friday evenings gets a lot crowded especcially if a good band is playing in the open arena.

Book early as it gets sporadic crowd due to weddings, corporate events etc.

Request for fountain view if you fancy it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank InsightSuite

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We did not stay here but got attracted to the pastry sale they have at the lounge. It is daily but only for an hour (6-7pm). We arrived at 6:40 and had to wait for someone to serve us for almost five minutes. When the staff arrived and we were ordering, another customer interrupted and she got served first. Being in a very good mood having had a nice massage from The Spa, we did not complain. It took a while before we were entertained again bec the staff was so slow. By the time she got to us, she was already rushing, it was almost 7pm. Then we told that we could not eat the sandwiches we ordered bec they will not serve guests anymore after 7. It was surpising for a hotel to close a section at such an early hour. So we just had it to-go and paid. Another surprise- they do not have a POS there so the transaction was processed at the front desk and we had to wait for 30minutes for the payment processing and to have the food packed.
Re the food- sandwiches- tasty. cake- common ube ensaymada- overpriced for its taste and quality

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Vltan
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you so much for your review and for sharing with us your experience at our restaurant outlet, The Lounge.

The 40% discount on the pastry and sandwich items is scheduled daily, an hour before the outlet closes at 7pm, with the intention of clearing our shelves of the day’s goods. We apologize if your dine-in request was not accommodated by our staff. We have already instructed our Lounge attendants to direct guests who wish to partake of the items purchased from the sale to either our all-day dining restaurant, Eastwood Café, or bar-lounge, The Gallery.

As for the delay in attending to your order and payment transaction, we regret that you had to endure a long waiting time for these to be completed. We have already made arrangements for additional staff to be on hand during the sale period to speed up the service, and have given them strict instructions to follow a “first come, first served” policy. A more efficient payment process is also being studied.

With regard to our products, the continuous improvement of the quality of our pastries is likewise in effect.

Hopefully with the actions we have taken, your next visit with us will be more pleasant.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

At first glance, walking into the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, you think nice hotel. Looks pretty, rooms are ok, and great access to both Eastwood City and the host of international businesses surrounding this city centre. If you stay for only one night I say go for it. If you have any kind of extended stay, deal with Manila traffic and don’t stay here.
The hotel doesn’t understand its bread and butter is to cater to the 24 hour call centres that surround the hotel on all sides. For me my shift was 1pm to 11 am. When checking in I specified under no circumstances was I to be disturbed before 1 pm. Yet for the first week I was here every day someone either called or rang me, usually before 930 in the morning. It took two escalations to the hotel manager to get it right. The gym hours are not designed for people working swing hours. And although food is available 24 hours (and in their defence isn’t bad) the limited menu is quite sad.
It seems the hotels favourite saying is “Im sorry ma’am we don’t do that.” I’ve gotten it so many times on so many items I’ve lost track. But two incidents from today alone…
1. When asking if I can pre order breakfast the night before so its delivered at a specific time
2. When asking if they will connect me to the spa inside of the hotel (Apparently they want to charge me for an outside call to call an inside number)
And the internet access is atrocious….
1) I think they have 1 T1 servicing all 38 floors plus hotel operations
2) They do not have a functioning ordering portal for internet services. You must have someone come to your room, sign a piece of receipt for purchase, and then and only then will they give you a hand written code which you enter into the user portal
3) Is accessible to only one device. And even if you offer to PAY for a second device you are told no. Only one device per room period. I guess they don’t realise this is 2012 and most business travellers carrier an average of 3 internet ready devices (laptop, mobile, & tablet) at all times
Really my frustrations of this hotel continue to compound themselves and are barely articulated in this little diatribe. It’s really the only option here in Eastwood City. I just found out I’ll be coming back for another 4 week stint… I’m staying in Makati and commuting in. I can’t deal with this place any more.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Kristinemichele

On behalf of the management of Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, I would like to extend our deepest regrets for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate your taking the time to write this review to bring to our attention the lapses in the service you received and certain hotel policies which resulted in an overall unsatisfactory experience.

While the hotel understands that there are a number of call centers inside Eastwood City, it still mainly conducts business much like other hotels in Manila and follows the usual operating schedule for its facilities such as the gym and restaurants. However, as you mentioned, with the growing number of guests billeted at our hotel that are part of the said industry and work swing shifts, it may be time for us to look into those policies and review the economy of adapting our operations to their schedules.

The requests you mentioned in your review could have easily been provided to you by the hotel, thus, we are sincerely saddened that our staff were amiss in carrying these out. From the pre-ordering of your breakfast and the strict make-up room service time, to the free transfer calls to hotel concessionaires (or massage service assistance), and additional internet access, all these could have been extended to you seamlessly. We have conducted extensive coaching sessions for the staff of the departments concerned to ensure that similar slip-ups do not happen again.

As for the poor internet service, improvements by our service provider are already underway and we expect completion of the enhancements, which include faster access and more efficient order process, very soon.

We understand your disappointment and frustration and we would very much like to make these up to you. As mentioned to you by our Front Office Manager before you checked-out, we sincerely hope you will reconsider and allow us the opportunity to serve you again and afford to you the distinctly pleasant Richmonde experience we strive all our guests to leave with after every visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

In summary, I was not that ecstatic about the value. Price is expensive compared with what hotel offered and the entertainment options in Eastwood. The price is even at par with Makati hotels but Makati area is better in most aspects for business or vacation.

But if you absolutely must take a vacation or host a business guest within Eastwood, then you won't go wrong with this hotel.

Pros

- Lots and lots of interesting restaurants that you won't normally find in other Metro Manila malls

- Probably the most beautiful hotel in or near Eastwood Libis

- Dedicated parking underneath the hotel

- Good breakfast buffet (the bacon is always overflowing!)

Cons

- Expensive

- No supermarkets nearby. Ironically, being surrounded by bars, restaurants, shops and offices within the Eastwood area and the only walking distance grocery store available is a 7 Eleven.

- You may get altitude sickness. Eastwood is home to the tallest buildings in Metro Manila cramped beside each other. Outside, you will get dizzy looking around and up to the surrounding skyscrapers.

- Swimming pool common areas poorly maintained (at least during the night). Smells of pee.

- Adjacent mall is small; there are really no options

- No free internet (at those prices, they should provide you free internet, even if Wi Fi!)

Room Tip: Don't choose the upper floors. The view is not that great, plus they just sealed the sliding do...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aldwin_educ
adioso, Director of Communications at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear aldwin_educ,

We greatly appreciate your taking the time to write a review that details the aspects you liked and didn’t like about your stay.

It is unfortunate that you found “cons” as it is our aim to make the stay of all our guests more than just satisfactory—we would like it to be completely enjoyable. We regret that you feel our rates are expensive, but we assure you that these are quite reasonable considering our location and facilities. Re-evaluation of our internet access scheme with our provider is also in progress, in addition to a review of industry standards.

We likewise apologize if our pool section was not properly maintained during your stay. Please know that we have enforced a more effective process of upkeep for the said area.

Regarding your comments on the establishments surrounding the hotel, we are happy to inform you that a supermarket has already opened right in front of the hotel. Moreover, additional “bridgeways” linking the adjacent mall (Eastwood Mall) to the other mall (Citywalk Mall) will be available soon to make the nearby commercial establishments more accessible to hotel guests.

We hope that on your next visit, either for business or for leisure, your stay will be much more pleasant. The hotel management and staff shall look forward to welcoming and serving you again.

Annie Dioso
Director of Communications

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here for four nights on a business trip. On a first glance the hotel looks quite nice and it's obvious that it's still new (I was told they opened in Nov 2011). The more surprised I was when I got to my room. I had read about the mold and mildew smell before and I was disappointed to find it true. It was so extreme, that I felt really sick in the morning and demanded another room or else I would leave the hotel.

The staff was very cooperative and friendly (obviously I wasn't the first one to complain about this) and found me another room for the second night. It had the same problem, but it was too late to move elsewhere. The next morning I complained again and was given my third room in three nights. After one night with less smell coming from the room the problem got worse the last night, but then it didn't matter anymore so I had to stand it.

It is a pity as the hotel would actually be pretty nice with nicely-sized rooms and amenities, but the smell made it absolutely impossible for me to stay there not to speak of returning.

Another thing I hate is if you have to pay for an internet connection, which doesn't work. The connections speed was extremely slow and made it barely possible to work and check my emails.

On the positive side they did have a nice breakfast buffet with a variety of choices. I was told that they have a nice rooftop pool, which I couldn't check out myself. The surrounding area is quite nice with an attached shopping mall and nightlife area with many bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: I wouldn't know how. All rooms I had were smelly.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ThePassenger26
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing with us through your review your experiences during your stay with us. The management and I extend our heartfelt apologies that your visit was not satisfactory because of the room transfers and slow internet connection you had to endure. We have conducted a thorough inspection of all our guest rooms and identified the few rooms with the odor problem you described. A comprehensive program to address the matter is already underway which we trust will resolve the issue.

Moreover, aside from reviewing our internet access policies, we are also working closely with our internet service provider to ensure speed and connectivity are improved significantly.

We understand how these incidents have prompted you to decide not to return to our hotel, however, we sincerely hope that you reconsider, and in the future be able to receive the delightful services we aim to provide all our guests.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had a wonderful stay in March 2012. From the beautiful lobby, restaurants and rooms, I could not fault how wonderful this hotel is. Had friends come for lunch before the rest of my party arrived and the food was wonderful and reasonably priced. Very close to outside restaurants and shopping, which the girls enjoyed. Wonderful night's rest was had each night and highly recommended hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Located inside Eastwood City in Libis, along C5 road. Basically, Eastwood City is a small community where everything you need is just around the corner.

Stayed in Richmonde for 2 night and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. There were restaurants everywhere. Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Italian, American, Filipino, name it, they have it! They also have some restaurants that are open 24hrs. Night life was also fun! Met a lot of people who lives in Eastwood.

This hotel has an awesome location either for business or leisure.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business