“Our Hotel During the Long Weekend (Aug. 29-30)”

Eastwood Richmonde Hotel
Ranked #14 of 63 Hotels in Quezon City
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here overnight and here are my 2 cents:

PROS:
> The lobby looked great
> Very warm treatment by the staff
> The room, the bed, the bathroom - they were all very very nice.
> The pool and the gym was superb
> The Spa at the 2nd floor. Again, AT THE 2ND FLOOR - isn't this great? ^_^

CONS:
> The air-con was a bit misplaced. It was airing directly at the head side of the bed.
> The TV was wall mounted. Can't move it . Too high
> The breakfast food was so-so

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angel T
There are newer reviews for Eastwood Richmonde Hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Arriving at 0800 from an early morning international flight, I was fairly tired and hence pleased that after obtaining a light breakfast elsewhere, the hotel staff kindly checked me in at 9.40am even though in theory this was not meant to occur until 2pm.

I had booked through www.asiatravel.com 'Crazy Rate' for Quezon City which including taxes came to about P3600 a night, better than obtainable elsewhere.

The lift was fast to the 31st floor.

The hallways are in a burnt orange carpet not unlike Elan Modern Hotel in Greenhills.

The room was a reaosnable (though not huge size) with an extremely comfortable Queen sized bed, modern light fittings and switches, a plasma television with an excellent range of channels, a good work chair and desk along with a single light green lounge chair.

The joinery was of excellent quality. The room had good blackout curtains and an excellent view across to Ortigas Center.

The rainshower over bath worked well.

Hanging space in the wardrobe was good.

The breakfast downstairs in the cafe was of the usual buffet style with a very good range including an egg station. I asked for and receivede fresh mango although it was not on display. There was a goodly number of pastries, yoghurt both in Nestle tubs and small glasses, a large number of breads and fresh fruit, along with half a dozen or more hot dishes.

Unfortunately we had a room with an interconnecting door. The first night, a man talked loudly on the phone in the room next door while on the third night, a Filipino family's child was a bit noisy. The sound transmission through these interconnecting doors needs muting.

The hotel is connected to Eastwood City Mall which became busy on Saturday night but was otherwise pretty quiet. Look for the gourmet goods being sold around the second floor escalators.

There is a huge range of eateries nearby. Try thr Somethin' Fishy P525 per head nightly buffet!

The hotel had a good swimming pool on the 39th floor (access via the central lift only, not the side lifts) and a great gym with a good range of equipment (better for instance than Traders Manila). There was also a small sauna in good working order.

The hotel was full on the Friday night that we stayed but otherwise was at between 48 and 0 per cent occupancy.

This hotel is classy and recommended. The staff were all pleasant and apart from the noise from the next room, I did not have any problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed July 1, 2011

We booked the Eastwood Richmonde Hotel through AsiaTravel's Crazy Rate for my last night in Manila. It was a new hotel and we wanted to try it out.

I arrived at the hotel at around 3:30 in the afternoon and was immediately impressed with the lobby. It looked new and the lounge was elegant.

When I tried to check in, I was informed that the room was not yet ready which surprised me cause it was already quite late and since I was the only guest in the lobby, it didn't seem busy. I was made to wait for about 10 minutes.

When the front desk staff finally handed me my keys, I was told that I have a free welcome drink. Um...you should have given me that drink while I was waiting for the room to be ready.

I asked about wifi and I was told that I have to pay for it (500pesos a day). This was a major deal breaker because at this day and age, when even McDonald's has free wifi, to simply charge exorbitant fees for it is unacceptable. Also, the website is quite misleading, if you check below, only the ones with the asterisk are chargeable and Wired and Wi-Fi Access are not included.

Lastly, you can only use the wifi on one device, either your phone or your laptop and the worse thing about it is that it's spotty and slow.

Anyway, when I went up to the 37th floor, I asked the concierge about the lower floors and was told that they are residential floors. The elevator opened up to a mirrored lobby.

The reason for the mirrors is the very narrow hallway that also smelled a bit funky.

I was given the farthest room possible where signal is a problem. Since I was waiting for my friend whose coming to the hotel from work and didn't know where Eastwood was, I had to wait in the hallway just to be able to send and receive messages.

I asked to be transferred to another room since it was really quite a hassle and was told that they'll call me back. I never heard back from them.

The room itself, while small, was okay.I especially liked that even the cheaper priced rooms have an iPod dock.

I did have to ask for an ironing board and I found it weird that the water glasses are placed on the bottom drawer by the floor. Also, the airconditioner blows directly to your head even if you adjust the aircon flaps.

The bathroom was simple. The tub has a large bath mat which would deter anyone from using it as a tub.

The towels while fluffy is short. My towels at home are larger.

As for breakfast, I asked for coffee and was given one with a fly swimming in it. I showed it to the staff who took it without any apology. He picked up the same coffee pot and asked me if I still wanted one. I guess they're used to things like this happening often.

Checking out of the hotel was quite troublesome as well. They charged me for airport transfers which I didn't use. The front desk manager did apologize for the inconvenience which made me happy. It was the first time I heard someone apologize for all the hassle that they put me through.

Overall, I wouldn't be staying at that hotel unless it's free. Unless you have business at Eastwood, the location is not really accessible. You'd be better off at other hotels in Ortigas.

You can check out the pictures here: http://bauerfan.blogspot.com/2011/07/eastwood-richmonde-hotel.html

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator banks
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Carlo617
adioso, Public Relations Manager at Eastwood Richmonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

We truly appreciate your candidness in your review of our hotel. All feedback from our guests are welcome as these enable us to identify areas for improvement. We sincerely regret that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that management shall take into serious consideration your comments and shall address service lapses accordingly. Despite your decision not to return to the hotel, we hope you would reconsider visiting us again when business or leisure brings you back to Manila so we may be able to present to you the high quality products and services we aim to provide all our guests.

Reviewed June 24, 2011

The location can't be beat if you are doing business in the Eastwood area - you can walk to local restaurants, bars and drug stores, etc. However the rooms and common areas (hallways) do not have central air. Each room has an airconditionoing unit that blows on the bed. The rooms also have a vent (open air) in the built woodwork....which lets in moisture and humidity. I ended up with a head cold due to the one an off cold air blowing on my head and missed out on a valuable sleep time. The price is great compared with Makati area luxury hotels, but if you need sleep and a constant temp you may be better off paying a bit more and staying further away. Also the lower floors are condo's so you do get uniquie sounds and oders wafting up from the condo units.

Room Tip: check out hte location of the air cond. units
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shoreviewmntraveler
Reviewed May 30, 2011

This facility is six months old. Everything is clean and crisp. It is in the middle of the swanky Eastwood shopping and condo development and it is one of the high rise establishments. You can walk easily from hotel to malls, to restaurants and bars from this facility. If it's raining, you won't even get wet.

Shopping around the various websites that provide decent deals, you can secure rooms here for under $100 and that INCLUDES buffet breakfast and taxes. That is the very best deal one could get for this quality in Manila.

The room we had on the 36th floor had a great view of all of Manila. The bedding was top-notch European quality and the bathroom had the massive ceiling rain showerhead. There was plenty of space and room service was great.

The staff worked their tails off collectively to accomodate our rather large group. This included a very late check-out upon our request.

The only drawbacks I could come up with are the buffet breakfast is strictly four star and does not compare with the traditional luxury spreads found at the Makati venues. Plus, Eastwoods is a bit off the beaten path if you are partying near the Bay or in Makati.

This is a sister hotel to the Richmonde in Ortigas near Mega Mall. That facility has always been run fairly well, but is dated. This new facility is the most recent standard of excellence in luxury hotels in Manila at a fantastic rate (for now!).

Room Tip: Ask for a view
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Goodpace
Reviewed May 10, 2011

The hotel is new. The A/C is not as good as some other hotels. When staying there I used the work out room which was very nice. The hotel room was nice however had a bad smell in it. Their service was OK. Not what a frequent traveler to the Philippines has come to expect. I'm sure with time they will work out the bugs.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank BusinessTravel48348
Reviewed May 1, 2011

The hotel truly exceeded my expectations! We just booked the superior room which is their smallest room. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find it very roomy, with a spacious bathroom. The room was clean and modern, but very cozy. It had a large LCD tv, dvd player and ipod dock. Check-in was quick, and the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The complementary breakfast had a variety of choices including typical breakfast fare (an egg station, bacon, tapa and tocino), a pho station, sushi, a variety of bread and desserts. Furthermore, the location is very convenient, being adjacent to the Eastwood mall. The only thing I can complain about is the lack of free wifi in the rooms.

Over-all, we had a fun and restful stay and I highly recommend this hotel. I hope they have a Richmonde Prestige Club card soon, like their affiliate in Ortigas.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
The Cocoon Boutique Hotel
#1 of 63 in Quezon City
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Microtel by Wyndham UP Technohub

Been to Eastwood Richmonde Hotel? Share your experiences!