“TOTAL RIP-OFF and VERY BAD SERVICE! Horrible experience!”
Review of Matsuri

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Http://www.munchpunch.com/restaurants/branch/reviews/5584.aspx
Description: Http://www.munchpunch.com/restaurants/branch/reviews/5584.aspx
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“TOTAL RIP-OFF and VERY BAD SERVICE! Horrible experience!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I regret eating in this restaurant. I wish I have opted for Alex III across them. P595 for a dinner buffet and drinks is not yet included. Unlike any other buffet restaurants and hotels, you order what you want instead of standing up and getting what you want to eat. Drinks are quite overpriced as well, iced tea bottomless is P88, softdrinks in can is P75, fourseason shake and is P105 while other shakes (mango,watermelon,etc) are priced at P96. There are also calamansi juice P88 and other alcoholic drinks...I still remember the price now because I just got home from the horrible dining experience!

I ordered tuna and salmon sashimi, ebi tempura, matsuri beef (they said it's beef steak), chicken teppanyaki and matsuri salad (which never arrived!). The salmon sashimi had fish-bone in it, the 1st time for me to encounter salmon sashimi with fish-bone!
The matsuri beef is made of fat beef contrary to what they said is beef steak. It looks horrible and scary to eat; it's shaped like bacon strips.
Ebi tempura is just the same as other japanese restaurant. This is the only food I appreciated all throughout the dining experience.

Chicken teppanyaki arrived 30minutes after I ordered it. I cannot recall if it tastes good (or bad) because I feel so angry with their customer service! How can you call this buffet when your service is this poor!

I never tasted the matsuri salad which I was expecting to be the 1st to arrive (it should be an appetizer). It didn't arrive! How horrible could their service be?! I tried to follow it up for more than 5x and all the waiters just nodded on me. Very very poor service!

This is one of the worst dining experience I had! Total rip-off for P595! Better eat in Saisaki, Yakimix, Vikings, or Buffet 101 if you want to eat japanese food. There are less than 30 kinds of food to select here so don't waste your time and money to go here.

I wouldn't come back here again even if it's free! That's how horrible it is.

• Visited June 2012