“Do yourself a favor, don't eat here.”
Review of Moomba Cafe Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Moomba Cafe Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Lund, Sweden
“Do yourself a favor, don't eat here.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place could be okay if you're not hungry and would just want to grab a beer. The place is nice to chill and lounge around.

However, I'm the kind of person who needs to eat when I'm drinking. And my expectations go up when the asking price for a small plate of fries is roughly around 5 euros, given the location, and the type of restaurant that I was in. The fries were not even cut in a consistent manner, some looked like it came from a package, and some were made by hand. They did not have tomato ketchup to go with this one. They served banana ketchup instead. Their carbonara was at 250 pesos, decent for a nice meal in Makati, but this carbonara tasted like cardboard. It even had a weird after taste.

Their service was bad as well. It was hard to get the attention of the staff, and was more alert for their middle aged patrons.

The bar closed at 2pm, and still was looking to satisfy my apetite. Went to this 24 hour joint, paid for a 1,50 eur dish of some local breakfast food, and that was the only time when I got over my frustration from this sorry excuse of a restaurant. I just don't get where they're getting their hubris to ask for exorbitant prices for dishes that taste like crap.

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank Gabriel.Pavico

Quezon City, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cozy”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Love the music and the food. Could use some reupholstering on the couch, but great service and food certainly makes up for it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Hans_and_Haze
Manila, Philippines
“Location + Value”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Visited the place on a Friday night and there two bands who played. Locals are mostly the guests I figured. It was just walking distance from where we live before so decided to try it out. Location is good, I just love dining in restaurants around the Quezon City Scout area, coz neighborhood is peaceful, and if you wanna finish the night out in QC's upscale bars they're just walking distance away. We ordered steak, and I couldn't even remember which steak I had there, or it might be that I'm just not into steaks; reasonably priced though. Service takes a while but you are advised prior.

• Visited November 2010