“Good place, but watch what you order”
Review of Mango Tree Bistro

Mango Tree Bistro
Ranked #513 of 1,818 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Thai
Dutch Harbor
“Good place, but watch what you order”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've eaten here several times and i've always ordered the Spaghetti Kee Mow Talay, it's Thai's version of Spaghetti, mixed with some vegetables, squid / shrimp seafood, chilli and basil. The taste has a hint or dash of some spice to it. Their Spaghetti added with salmon was "ok" the quality wasn't anything spectacular, but the noodles & fried vegetables made the meal.. I would avoid their burgers, we had a bad experience, the smell of the meat smelled something like old and spoiled meat that has gone bad. The waiter claimed the smell was from the seasonings, but we know the difference between seasonings, & meat that has gone bad. They offered to exchange the burger and replace it, but we figured it might be just as bad as the first one so we didn't want to risk having a bad burger, and getting food poisoning. They ended up refunding the burger, their service is "ok" not "bad" not "good" but "ok".

• Visited May 2013

Manila, Philippines
“the perfect mango-sticky rice so far”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have tried Mango Tree overseas but this is the first time I've tried this Manila outlet. We ordered the classic thai pomelo salad, crispy squid rings, salmon-spaghetti, and the mango-sticky rice as dessert. The food are all great but the mango-sticky rice is fantastic. Please take note that I have tried this famous dessert in many parts of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam but Mango Tree's version is the best so far.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Meryl_Jill
Manila, Philippines
“Thai Resto”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The decor makes the ambiance very soothing. The dark interiors make you feel you are inside a cocoon. But the menu card needs to be replaced as the one given to me had its laminated plastic almost peeled off. The food is good and looks better than the ones in the menu. Waiters are attentive and are not obtrusive.

• Visited February 2013
“Worst experience in central world totally not recommend”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was there on weekday evening the restaurant has no customer at the time i arrived but host deny to give me a seat inside even i insist that i will just have a quick eat and wont use the table long. But he poiny me to the seat outside then i chose the sofa location but he also chase me to the walk side table with no reason. The worst thing is they sent us the wrong food and after i told the waiter i have to wait 3 time of the time i spent for the whole meal for refund that meal. What!?! So disappoint and totally recommend to eat any junk food but this place.

Malolos City
“Good food but quality is not consistent”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Generally, my dining experiences in Mango Tree had been good, particularly during my first few visits. As a pescatarian, I am delighted that they offer several choices even for vegans. My all-time favorites are tom yum hed (tom yum with mushroom) and pad thai jay (vegetarian pad thai). I also like the vegetarian spring rolls but it's a bit greasy so it's not something I always order. The lemongrass tea which can be served hot or cold is also nice. The place is one of the alternatives for those looking for some space and distance from the mall crowd.

I noticed though that food quality is not consistent . I was afraid that it would be the case of a resto not being able to maintain quality over time, but when I came back another time, food was good again. The common problem would be the tom yum turning too sour. One time too a friend and I ordered the salad with raw salmon (sashimi). Less than an hour after leaving the resto we had to rush to Trinoma's pay lounges. The salad tasted good but perhaps the salmon was not fresh enough. Since then I avoided ordering anything that's served uncooked.