“Alba's at Tomas Morato, Quezon City” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alba Restaurante Espanol

Alba Restaurante Espanol
Ranked #17 of 1,761 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Francisco, California
“Alba's at Tomas Morato, Quezon City”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Review of Alba's restaurant , Tomas Morato

Alba's is probably one of the most enduring Spanish restaurants in Metro Manila. They have 3 locations: Makati, Alabang, and Quezon City. We had lunch at the Quezon City location.
Alba's had both a la carte dishes or the buffet lunch. We opted for the buffet lunch. For starters, there was the Tabla de Embutidos which was an assortment of cold cuts. The soup of the day was Sopa de Calabasa (Pumpkin Soup). The buffet lunch consisted of a sampler of their signature dishes: Espaguetis Bolognesa (Spaghetti with meat sauce seasoned with garlic, herbs and olive oil); Paella Valenciana (Rice dish with chicken, pork, seafood and vegetables); Lengua Sevillana (Stewed ox-tongue with mushroom and olives in brown sauce); Callos a la Madrilena (Stewed ox-tripe in a rich tomato sauce); Cerdo Frito (Lechon Kawali); and Cochinillo Asado (Oven-roasted suckling pig). There were four selections of desserts: Ambrosia-style fruit salad; a multi-colored jello dish; Mango tiramisu; and Canonigo (a meringue cake with vanilla custard sauce). Cost of the buffet was Pesos 650 per person.

The lunch crowd was brisk the day we went. Most of the tables had "Reserved " signs; so I would strongly recommend making reservations. The waiters were attentive and courteous. Tomas Morato, the street where Alba's is located is a restaurant row so parking may be difficult. Overall the dining experience was good. We have been patrons of Alba restaurant for a good number of years. I must say that the quality of the food has not diminished. Hard to pass up on delicious homestyle Spanish cooking. I would definitely recommend this restaurant as an alternatives to the fast food chains that line Tomas Avenue.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
“Consistent and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My family and I have been dining at Alba's for the past several years and the experience has always been pleasant and consistent.

Whether for lunch or dinner, the buffet is recommended as it basically provides you with a wide array of the bestsellers from their menu of authentic Spanish delicacies. Must try the cochinilo and canonigo. If not in the mood for something heavy, their tapas go well with a bottle or two of san.miguel beer.

Service is prompt and professional.

Would definitely recommend.

3 Thank qallado
Manila, Philippines
“Exquisite Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We got deals from a groupon website to try Alba's (Alabang branch). Dinner buffet was good, my parents loved it. a limited spread but everything tasted good.

The thing I loved the most about Alba's: While eating, a trio of musicians are serenading dining patrons in each table. It was awesome! My mom even made a song request and they did it (singing while playing the guitar).

It might be a little pricey if not for the coupons we have, but for the ambiance alone, i think i will go back in Alba's.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Maria M
Manila, Philippines
“Yummy Paella”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is a classic Spanish restaurant which have been around for quite some time.
The last time I ate here was during a send-off dinner for my brother who was leaving for abroad.
We visited their Westgate Alabang branch.
We were a group of 10 and feasted on their delicious food especially the paella, callos, etc.
I would love to go back one time to try their buffet.

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank roadtrip092
“I love Alba's Lengua”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've been hearing positive feedback about Alba's Restaurant so we decided to try it for a late lunch. Since we arrived around past 2 pm, the restaurant was almost empty and they just cleared the buffet tables.

Alba Restaurante Espanol in quezon city is located at the corner of Scout Lozano st and Tomas Morato. This Restaurant specializes in Spanish Cuisine so we decided to try their Paella. I was told by the waiter that Paella Valenciana is a best seller so we gave it a try along with Lengua, Calamares, Spaghetti Carbonara and Linguini Pesto.

I am a great fan of Paella and Lengua and I would say that their Paella is very good but I would have to say that Illustado's Paella is still the best for me. Alba's Lengua is a must try! We finished the Paella and Lengua, meaning both dishes are delicious. The pasta dishes are just ok.

In terms service, the servers are attentive and very knowledgeable of the dishes they offer. Overall, Alba Restaurante is a good place to dine if you want to experience delicious Spanish cuisine that is just within your budget.

• Visited June 2012